Alpha Announcement

Placentica

From this announcement, this should be obvious. If war happens, it won't be because Alpha launched an attack. It will be because TS attacks Alpha.

So, Alpha makes an announcenent lying about starting a one-sided demilitarization as proof of their peaceful intent, while at the same time you keep purchasing military hardware and nukes... and somewhat the fact that you attempted to fool t$ into demilitarizing while keeping your build up to better roll us, is our fault?

You don't need a lot of brains to understand that if Steve had honored his own announcement and ordered Alpha to demilitarize, t$ would be in no political position to launch an attack on Alpha. We have never started an agressive war, much less would do against a demilitarized enemy who, thus, poses no threat. Remember that we are only building up military because you did - and kept doing after the "TEst threat" was dispeled.

As events have unfolded, however, it has become evident that this thread is nothing but a ruse to fool t$ and win a tactical advantage over us. Proving once again that we were right from the beggining about Alpha's intentions and so did well in making war plans with our allies.

If you want to conduct any talks with us, I suggest you to honor your own announcement here. Because we have been proved once again that your word holds no value, and we can only trust your actions.

Edited by Ivan the Red

At this point no one will flinch, everyone's militarized.  Good work there, Alpha!  Very few want to risk an overwhelming response to a potential attack.

So gee, isn't dicking around in P&W ever so much fun?

Edited by PigInZen
  • Upvote 2

Priest of Dio

With regards to Alpha's claims of demilitarization, I would just like to point out that Placentica didn't explicitly claim they would demilitarize immediately:

Well, you can do as you wish.  We'll be demilitarizing tonight.

... which was stated early in the game day's morning (around 5 AM by my reckoning) and in the late hours of the night in his timezone (assuming he is in America). Certainly it's not a good indicator that the military score has risen instead of falling in the meantime, but I think we should at least wait until tonight before condemning Alpha for not sticking to their word. Everyone needs their sleep.  :)

• Upvote 1

p15IoNT.gif

Contact you? But throughout the last 25 combined pages, you guys keep saying that it's already too late to talk. If you guys honestly believe that there is hope for peace and we can solve this problem, why continually shoot down potential peace talks at every turn? If you were so truly interested in peace, why haven't you talked to us about mutual demilitarization?

You guys want to attack Alpha, just admit it. There is nothing wrong with that. There is obvious tension between our alliances. But don't pretend like you ever considered the possibility of peace here and now.

No !@#$in shit Alpha needs to be destroyed. Alpha obviously wants to start shit idiot. We did consider peace a long time ago noob, but when your leader goes full retard and takes things publically, don't expect daisies fam. Our newer members need war experience. Maybe you guys can provide? Or maybe Steve gave Partisan a query to discuss how our alliances are gonna handle things? Until then, Syndicate will keep responding to months of Alpha's attempts at trying to destroy the Syndicate by talking to its allies and seeing how it can move forward with the imminent threat.

Lxr4VfE.png

No !@#$in shit Alpha needs to be destroyed. Alpha obviously wants to start shit idiot. We did consider peace a long time ago noob, but when your leader goes full retard and takes things publically, don't expect daisies fam. Our newer members need war experience. Maybe you guys can provide? Or maybe Steve gave Partisan a query to discuss how our alliances are gonna handle things? Until then, Syndicate will keep responding to months of Alpha's attempts at trying to destroy the Syndicate by talking to its allies and seeing how it can move forward with the imminent threat.

u mad?

Priest of Dio

tbh i'm rooting to fight. cause this'll be really fun, Alpha are supposed to be decent fighters right? also steve needs a rolling heh :D

Partisan come on, make a mistake so that they have a real CB against us instead of whatever they're doing right now

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

With regards to Alpha's claims of demilitarization, I would just like to point out that Placentica didn't explicitly claim they would demilitarize immediately:

... which was stated early in the game day's morning (around 5 AM by my reckoning) and in the late hours of the night in his timezone (assuming he is in America). Certainly it's not a good indicator that the military score has risen instead of falling in the meantime, but I think we should at least wait until tonight before condemning Alpha for not sticking to their word. Everyone needs their sleep.  :)

Makes complete sense to me.  If you were a medieval king, I'd call you......"Lyrositor the Logical"!  ;)

X4EfkAB.png

a4327aca58b6964d626501577af1c0e0.png

What conclusions can we draw here?

This is average military score change from 4/20 to 4/21.

My first inclination is to hurr like a caveman while pointing at our warboner.

My second inclination is to ask you what conclusion you are looking for specifically. :P

os9LcJK.gif

My first inclination is to hurr like a caveman while pointing at our warboner.

My second inclination is to ask you what conclusion you are looking for specifically. :P

Look at tC's score gain.

Impressive tbh.

You're missing NPO

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Are you showing that Alpha hasn't decom'd and therefore keeps a low average military score difference due to it?

• Downvote 1

Are you showing that Alpha hasn't decom'd and therefore keeps a low average military score difference due to it?

I think his sheet is weird or off too. On Mensa's Alpha has a 55% militarization followed by Mensa's 53% then TEst at 52% and Sparta over there with 50% and this is data from about 6 hours ago.

Note: High 40 and above means you are very militarized

Actually Alpha has the most average of soldiers, tanks, planes, and ships per nation. If I was betting on someone starting a war I'd assume they were.

The actual numbers: http://prntscr.com/av47ha

Btw the green is a color coding thing to compare who has the most of what the darker the color the more they have compared to others same with the red at the bottom.

Edit: I was just informed that his post was to show alliance build up since yesterday which means his sheet makes sense because alpha was already built up. Everything else I said is still pretty relevant anyway so I'm gonna leave it.

Edited by TellUrGrlThx

☾☆

Priest of Dio

6m0xPQ1.gif

I think his sheet is weird or off too. On Mensa's Alpha has a 55% militarization followed by Mensa's 53% then TEst at 52% and Sparta over there with 50% and this is data from about 6 hours ago.

Note: High 40 and above means you are very militarized

Actually Alpha has the most average of soldiers, tanks, planes, and ships per nation. If I was betting on someone starting a war I'd assume they were.

The actual numbers: http://prntscr.com/av47ha

Btw the green is a color coding thing to compare who has the most of what the darker the color the more they have compared to others same with the red at the bottom.

Edit: I was just informed that his post was to show alliance build up since yesterday which means his sheet makes sense because alpha was already built up. Everything else I said is still pretty relevant anyway so I'm gonna leave it.

Look at Vosunda's middle column. :P

Edited by Memph

10/10 Steve is playing FarmVille instead of PnW

☾☆

Priest of Dio

If you want to conduct any talks with us, I suggest you to honor your own announcement here. Because we have been proved once again that your word holds no value, and we can only trust your actions.

How about this then, in an act of good faith, tS could also post an announcement regarding military intentions towards Alpha. Considering that we have already done that, we've already taken more steps towards "peace" than all of the 25 pages of text of the last few threads. If you explicitly say that tS or her allies won't attack Alpha, then we wouldn't have a reason to be militarized.

Or you can all just keep stroking yourselves while looking at a real military alliance. Come on, when is the Syndicate going to declare war? 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.