Stellaris

Ayayay

Anyone else following this/pre-ordered yet?

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

ITS A GHOST ahhhhhh

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

I've preordered the base version, $40 isn't much for a full size Paradox game. Have you been watching the weekly stream?

Nah, never watch the streams. I did read the dev diaries though. 

I got the nova edition because of the spider pun

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The stellaris sub-reddit is quite active too.

One thing I hate about the Paradox Subs is the ever increasing and pointless fracturing.

"Let's have one subreddit for everything!"

"Sounds good, everything is easier that way"

"Wait, wait, wait, let's create a sub for every individual game too!"

"Err, is that really necessary? It's not like there's many posts in the main sub, just p-"

"WAAAAAAIT, even better idea, what if we start making subs dedicated only to the multiplayer of some games?"

"Go &#33;@#&#036; yourself"

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be a long 3 days

I thought it was coming out today. I have no idea how I was off by three days.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

There's a multiplayer event that just happened, so much stream, hopefully it lasts you over the weekend.

I never watch streams, I have better things to do with my time like open and close steam for three hours straight unsure of what to play and shitposting on the OWF all the while.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Kurdanak, get the &#33;@#&#036; out of my game

ds7CVh8.png

• Upvote 2

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 2 weeks later...

Currently wreaking in my multiplayer game v:. Went to war with a peaceful empire because they blocked me in and keep insulting me. Took out his 29 fleet to my 21 fleet and I only lost 4 ships. Now im working on integrating him into my empire and making his area its own sector. \o/

• Upvote 1

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

• 1 month later...

tl;dr of stellaris you have one of two choices:

1. I will wipe out all xeno scum and conquer this galaxy

2. I will embrace all xeno beauties and conquer this galaxy

Kind of the only two ways to play lmao.

tl;dr of stellaris you have one of two choices:

1. I will wipe out all xeno scum and conquer this galaxy

2. I will embrace all xeno beauties and conquer this galaxy

Kind of the only two ways to play lmao.

Ehh, it's really just a cat and mouse navy chase game. I'm really disappointed in Paradox. =/

gkt70Td.png

Got it recently and ummm, not as into it as I'd like for a number of reasons. I liked being able to have a custom race naturally and went with.

Race: Solarian (Human)
Empire Name: Solarian Empire
Planet: Solaris (Earth)
P-Type: Continental 
Star: Sol

System: Sol System
Weapons: Energy
FTL: Wormhole

Traits:
+ Rapid Breeders
+ Enduring
+ Quick Learners
- Sedentary 

Government:
Divine Mandate

Ethics:
1 Militarist
1 Spiritualist
1 Collectivist

Didn't look into min-maxing anything as I didn't want to be peeled away from doing the RP I had in my mind, though I wasn't able to fit the Xenophobia in there but oh well, got the rest. In a twist after finding out later that slavery was broken I decided to not use it on aliens but keep it for Humans so while Aliens live free... large segments of the human race are enslaved (early on it was like 70%+). I suppose in my head I can rationalise it away as Humanity existing/being made to serve the God Emperor (actually Empress), while Aliens with this being a civilised society are afforded equal rights as a not enslaved human (who has those rights due to not being on a farm/mine).

Thing is with the game clearly seeming unfinished/broken and finding it actually quite easy as your ability to expand seems extreme. Combat can be heavily annoying as those (I assume) hyperdrive guys bounce around everywhere after you defeat them initially with your massed navy. The AI doesn't seem to make it too bad though as I was for example fighting an alliance and after defeating the stronger partner (whose behind the weaker), his force went back to his planets and never returned even though he could definitely hassled me heavily. My slave armies moved in, occupied everything, and job done.

I am aware they do have a mongol type of thing but until then it seems like the amount of expansion you can do is very large. Hard time not reaching resource caps, beating anybody with ease, ummm... it'll likely improve heavily later on with expansions I have no doubt though as there is certainly a good base I'd say. 

Seems like the most complete / feature-filled / challenging part is the early game. Depending on your starting position you can either expand to cover 1/3rd of the galaxy before any can stop you, or you end up with one or two planets before being boxed in.

Paradox is releasing new "patches" regularly which are basically adding massive chunks of content and fixes into the base game. I believe the first way aimed at adding-to and fixing the early game.

This most recent patch is aimed at the mid-game and diplomacy.

Presumably they'll have an end-game patch coming which is where the game truly slows down for me. Given that your only choices are settle 40% of all planets or conquer all the other empires - once you run out of localized/RP goals, you grind away til you win.

All that said, I've still spent hours playing this game. It's got so much potential, the customizable race thing is awesome, the game is beautiful, and the developers are listening and actively adjusting/adding to their game for free. I think it'll turn out well in the next few months, as any paradox game does.

Opinions on Asimov?

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

Opinions on Asimov?

It has made playing as a xenogenocidal, slaver race easier. I had two defensive pacts that weren't vassals somehow. Then I helped the 2nd one liberate planets from our mutual rival and they allied with the new empire and rivaled me so I invaded and purged him and his new ally. However, it's now impossible to prevent FE's from attacking you for settling to close to their stupid &#33;@#&#036;ing realm without embassies.

10/10 great patch would recommend (#bringbackcorvettespam2016)

• Upvote 2

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...