Hello to the Syndicate

Placentica

I'm sorry to clutter up the forums, but tS isn't really in the mood to talk to Alpha privately right now, so it seems. If you read the logs you can understand why.

While I'm not surprised to read this log, it still saddens me. Based on how the Syndicate behaved towards us, I knew their gov. was most likely plotting. But in order to create a threat, they had to act like they were being threatened.....to spread misinformation that Alpha was a threat to them. When that didn't materialize they just still plotted ahead. So.....

Care to explain, my old friends?

[10:46pm] Roy_Mustang: So instead of playing defense as we pretty much always have, we'd like to take the offensive for once.

[10:46pm] Brooklyn666: yea obviously

[10:47pm] Brooklyn666: I do think we need a better picture of who will be coming in on which side

[10:47pm] Roy_Mustang: The other side is tough because they're messy

[10:47pm] Brooklyn666: before any solid strategic planning can take place

[10:47pm] Roy_Mustang: UPN, internally, is a trainwreck

[10:48pm] Brooklyn666: that's not exactly a bad thing for us

[10:48pm] Roy_Mustang: no idea if they'll come in or not. I do know that the t$-UPN ODP is most likely dead because of Hans and Saru though

[10:48pm] Brooklyn666: although it does make them unpredictable

[10:49pm] Roy_Mustang: Rose does not desire to be a part of the next war

[10:49pm] Roy_Mustang: but I can't see a scenario where Alpha is struck and they don't come in

[10:49pm] Roy_Mustang: at least without completely destroying that relationship

[10:51pm] Roy_Mustang: VE can be safely counted alongside Alpha

[10:52pm] Roy_Mustang: if for no other reason than because they have no realistic other option (basically Rose's situation, except they haven't already said they want to stay out of a next war)

[10:52pm] Brooklyn666: I have mixed feelings about Rose getting in on this

[10:52pm] Brooklyn666: on one had, less mess to fight. On the other, them sitting out let's them grow while everyone else gets pummeled

[10:53pm] Roy_Mustang: I mean, if that's a huge concern, we could always preempt them alongside Alpha

Full Log:

Roy_Mustang: so interesting things are afoot

[10:25pm] Brooklyn666: so i hear

[10:25pm] Brooklyn666: any updates?

[10:30pm] Roy_Mustang: Something like that

[10:30pm] Roy_Mustang: I trust you're up to speed on the whole Sparta-TEst shitshow

[10:32pm] Brooklyn666: yea

[10:32pm] Brooklyn666: except any new developments that have happened this evening

[10:33pm] Roy_Mustang: nothing's happened this evening, and we don't expect it to

[10:33pm] Roy_Mustang: however

[10:35pm] Roy_Mustang: we suspect part of the reason Alpha was so quick to leap to the verge of hitting TEst is because they've already counted TEst to be in our corner in a hypothetical matchup

[10:36pm] Roy_Mustang: meanwhile we know that Alpha has been badmouthing us in backchannels and attempting to mobilize support against us

[10:36pm] Brooklyn666: I just don't get why they would hit TEst first

[10:37pm] Roy_Mustang: one less alliance to theoretically contend with

[10:38pm] Roy_Mustang: but in any event, it's actually a fairly minor part of our thinking

[10:39pm] Brooklyn666: it just doesn't make sense politically

[10:39pm] Brooklyn666: unless they think people aren't gonna declare in defense of TEst

[10:39pm] Roy_Mustang: that's the point

[10:40pm] Roy_Mustang: throw Alpha/Sparta/VE at TEst, should be a swift and decisive victory

[10:40pm] Roy_Mustang: TEst is good but they aren't *that* good

[10:40pm] Roy_Mustang: after that, TEst is a minor player at best in a later conflict

[10:40pm] Brooklyn666: but that's a transparent move and the best way to get declared on now

[10:41pm] Roy_Mustang: I'm not saying they're going to do it *now*

[10:41pm] Roy_Mustang: I'm just explaining their suspected reasoning before Seabass cleared things up

[10:42pm] Roy_Mustang: previously, it was the perfect CB to smack up TEst

[10:43pm] Roy_Mustang: In any event, like I said, it's a fairly minor point in our thinking. Fits in well, but even if it never happened, the rest of the theory remains credible (at least imo)

[10:46pm] Roy_Mustang: So instead of playing defense as we pretty much always have, we'd like to take the offensive for once.

[10:46pm] Brooklyn666: yea obviously

[10:47pm] Brooklyn666: I do think we need a better picture of who will be coming in on which side

[10:47pm] Roy_Mustang: The other side is tough because they're messy

[10:47pm] Brooklyn666: before any solid strategic planning can take place

[10:47pm] Roy_Mustang: UPN, internally, is a trainwreck

[10:48pm] Brooklyn666: that's not exactly a bad thing for us

[10:48pm] Roy_Mustang: no idea if they'll come in or not. I do know that the t$-UPN ODP is most likely dead because of Hans and Saru though

[10:48pm] Brooklyn666: although it does make them unpredictable

[10:49pm] Roy_Mustang: Rose does not desire to be a part of the next war

[10:49pm] Roy_Mustang: but I can't see a scenario where Alpha is struck and they don't come in

[10:49pm] Roy_Mustang: at least without completely destroying that relationship

[10:51pm] Roy_Mustang: VE can be safely counted alongside Alpha

[10:52pm] Roy_Mustang: if for no other reason than because they have no realistic other option (basically Rose's situation, except they haven't already said they want to stay out of a next war)

[10:52pm] Brooklyn666: I have mixed feelings about Rose getting in on this

[10:52pm] Brooklyn666: on one had, less mess to fight. On the other, them sitting out let's them grow while everyone else gets pummeled

[10:53pm] Roy_Mustang: I mean, if that's a huge concern, we could always preempt them alongside Alpha

[10:53pm] Roy_Mustang: the problem there is that it would virtually ensure a UPN entry

[10:53pm] Roy_Mustang: since that's a direct tie

[10:53pm] Brooklyn666: yea that's why I said mixed feelings

[10:56pm] Roy_Mustang: We've got Jess running numbers now to figure out how best to handle it

[10:57pm] Roy_Mustang: provisionally, we'd likely see Mensa in on NPO should that be necessary. We're not planning to hit them however

[10:57pm] Brooklyn666: I'm not sure NPO would jump in

[10:58pm] Roy_Mustang: We'd be seeing you guys and Guardian on Fark and Sparta, optimally (but again, still waiting on numbers). The irony of Guardian fighting Sparta is not lost on me, either

[11:01pm] Roy_Mustang: I certainly know that this potentially puts you guys in a tough spot, since Alpha and Sparta had previously reached out to you guys for a treaty

[11:01pm] Brooklyn666: we have an ODP with Sparta

[11:01pm] Brooklyn666: but nothing with Alpha. That's dead in the water as far as I'm concerned

[11:02pm] Roy_Mustang: I was referring to the pseudo-bloc thing

[11:02pm] Roy_Mustang: but yeah, I had forgotten about the ODP

[11:02pm] Roy_Mustang: Will need to swap things around

[11:05pm] Roy_Mustang: If we assume Alpha/Sparta/VE/UPN in the enemy coalition, initial thoughts?

[11:06pm] Brooklyn666: where does BK fit in?

[11:06pm] Brooklyn666: obviously we can't hit Sparta or NPO if they join in but otherwise we're fine

[11:07pm] Roy_Mustang: BK and tC on VE most likely, but we'll need to jump things around a bit

[11:08pm] Roy_Mustang: the most logical is probably having you guys come in alongside us actually, but I need to do more spreadsheet math first

[11:08pm] Roy_Mustang: just wanted to take your temperature on it first

[11:09pm] Brooklyn666: I mean it looks good to me but make sure Val is up to speed too

[11:09pm] Roy_Mustang: yeah definitely

[11:10pm] Brooklyn666: and let us know when you have preliminary numbers

[11:10pm] Brooklyn666: maybe run a few scenanrios to see options for if Rose and/or NPO come in

[11:10pm] Roy_Mustang: will do, we should have them tomorrow at the latest

edit: pastin linky too: http://pastebin.com/8EtMutDn

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 2

Spying on private conversations is bad form.

It was posted in a public place. Someone sent us the link.

These replies gave me AID's, never seen worst replies in my life. 

I think the time for circle jerking is over anyway, they're either panicking now or going to attack. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

-Stuff, leaks, accusations-

Just curious, why reveal this now, insted of in a DoW if your intention is to attack tS? 

And if you dont, why not just deal with this in private with tS?

This seems like the least efficent way to deal with this issue. 

Ole2.png

Just curious, why reveal this now, insted of in a DoW if your intention is to attack tS? 

And if you dont, why not just deal with this in private with tS?

This seems like the least efficent way to deal with this issue.

I tried to talk to them privately, to no avail. They ignored my questions straight up.

We don't have any intention of attacking tS as I've stated many times. I've made this very clear to tS. But maybe you just mixed your wording up.  lol Alpha attacking tS.  Not going to happen, sorry to disappoint you.

From what I can tell the order of events was

>alpha badmouths t$ to everyone who will listen

>massive buildup in alpha etc

>t$ guys discuss with allies how to respond to expected incoming attack

>military buildup revealed to be due to the test/sparta thing

>logs released about a defence strategy which now would never have happened.

Poor attempt.  But nice try.  But if tS/Mensa are in a defense posture, then you'll soon enough find out it was all for nothing.

We've been kept 100% planes for over a month and just about max tanks for the same time period.  We finally bought some troops when Sparta asked for our assistance.  If you were actually trying to say something truthful, you'd know this.  But I think it's clear you are just running the usual spin machine.  We kept nearly 0% troops up until just 1-2 days ago, when Sparta talked to us about TEst attacking them (which turned out to not be the case).  How can you attack with 0 troops, may I ask?

I tried to talk to them privately, to no avail. They ignored my questions straight up.

We don't have any intention of attacking tS as I've stated many times. I've made this very clear to tS. But maybe you just mixed your wording up.  lol Alpha attacking tS.  Not going to happen, sorry to disappoint you.

Poor attempt.  But nice try.  But if tS/Mensa are in a defense posture, then you'll soon enough find out it was all for nothing.

We've been kept 100% planes for over a month and just about max tanks for the same time period.  We finally bought some troops when Sparta asked for our assistance.  If you were actually trying to say something truthful, you'd know this.  But I think it's clear you are just running the usual spin machine.  We kept nearly 0% troops up until just 1-2 days ago, when Sparta talked to us about TEst attacking them (which turned out to not be the case).  How can you attack with 0 troops, may I ask?

To clarify on what spite said, it is plausible that the logs came from a conversation during the tensions surrounding TEst almost getting attacked. Several alliances reached out to me talking about how this might be a push for you and your allies to begin an attempt to take over the game sort of thing. If these logs were in result of getting a plan in place in the event of your coalition of alliances going on an offensive rampage.. Then you shouldn't be that worried, everyone should have plans about what to do if another alliance attacks their sphere. SK and Syndicate are allies, so it makes sense for them to talk about such measures. 

It is plausible. Whether it's the case or not, well, you decided to drag it into a public circus. Good luck finding anything other than posturing on both sides of things at this point.

• Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

Poor attempt. But nice try.

What is inaccurate about my time line summary? My impression was that Mensa went to a higher state of alert in reaction to the buildup in Spartan allies. I wasn't aware of, but am hardly surprised, that t$ responded to the buildup by making plans about the upcoming war.

As far as I'm aware, we're all stood down following the Spartan fiasco being revealed. Your post just raises further tensions.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong