Sparta announcement

seabasstion

In light of the madness today which has severely damaged external relations as a result of actions that were 100% my doing with no other Spartan knowledge or knowledge with any members of Sparta's allies I will be stepping down from a leadership role immediately and leaving the alliance within a very short time frame

Allow me to reiterate: this was all my doing and my actions should not be reflective of current leaders, members and allies.

I have several reasons for doing this but they are mostly rooted in getting sparta into a better place. My passion for co-leading an alliance has all but vanished over a slow decline over a long time. This was reflective in a lot of internal standards and operations I feel sparta was severely lacking. I feel sparta also drifted from a core founding ideology and this move will allow sparta to begin to move back towards that philosophy should they choose.

Also it was a fair bit of fun to make pre sweat a bit, but that is neither here nor there.

Tl;Dr going to be leaving sparta. I done goofed

Don't be too hard on yourself mate.  This is but a world we all live in for our enjoyment.

:wub: seabasstion

• Upvote 1

Why leave the alliance?

This was so embarrasing he can't justify being in his position anymore and wants to 'repent' his 'sins' by leaving the alliance that got caught up in his mess. As well as everything else he posted.

Just my two cents though.

Best of luck. 

Edited by Caecus

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

In light of the madness today which has severely damaged external relations as a result of actions that were 100% my doing with no other Spartan knowledge or knowledge with any members of Sparta's allies I will be stepping down from a leadership role immediately and leaving the alliance within a very short time frame

Allow me to reiterate: this was all my doing and my actions should not be reflective of current leaders, members and allies.

I have several reasons for doing this but they are mostly rooted in getting sparta into a better place. My passion for co-leading an alliance has all but vanished over a slow decline over a long time. This was reflective in a lot of internal standards and operations I feel sparta was severely lacking. I feel sparta also drifted from a core founding ideology and this move will allow sparta to begin to move back towards that philosophy should they choose.

Also it was a fair bit of fun to make pre sweat a bit, but that is neither here nor there.

Tl;Dr going to be leaving sparta. I done goofed

You dont leave an alliance because of one mistake like this, your human and shit happens as long as you dont pull the same follies as Hitler did, your doing a good job for Sparta. I think it would be best if you just understand your mistakes and not try to repeat them while still remain a spartan. 

Wait what? The whole drill thing was legit?

I'm !@#$ing done.

• Upvote 5

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

#RollGPA2016

Did I do it right?

At least that would bring some sanity to this situation.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Sorry to see you go, seabass. From my short time visiting Sparta forums, you seemed like a fairly involved, fairly cool dude.

It was just a misunderstanding, surely you don't have to leave Sparta altogether... Maybe just the "stepping down from the role of leadership" bit.  :huh:

• Upvote 2

After rejecting the tribute of earth and water, Leonidas abdicates and goes to Delphi to tend the Oracle in peace for the remainder of his life.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong