Terminus Est, Declaration of Netflix and Chill.

Prefontaine

like i said im willing to make financial restitution with anyone that has wasted money in this stunt of mine. send me a bill i'll get on it

350 million.

27 dollars, 13 coal, 9 iron, 45 uranium, 3 aluminum, 7 gasoline, 1 ammunition.

• Upvote 4

os9LcJK.gif

ok so i need to come clean. basically what pre is saying is true. i used this as an extreme stress test for sparta. things kind of spilled over to allies more than i intended so i'm willing to make it right to them with any money wasted. nobody knew about this but me.

long story short - i've been a bad boy 

So, we were a post 4 minutes from update away from 5 alliances steam rolling TEst. It's a miracle miscommunication didn't happen and someone poor bastard jumped the gun and acci-global-wared all of us. You have got to be !@#$ing kidding. 

• Upvote 2

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

So, we were a post 4 minutes from update away from 5 alliances steam rolling TEst. It's a miracle miscommunication didn't happen and someone poor bastard jumped the gun and acci-global-wared all of us. You have got to be !@#$ kidding. 

All things considered if there was/is an accident, TEst would probably be pretty cool about it.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

You're still in Vacation mode. Don't get my hopes up.

I do have a special place in my heart for posters like Hereno.  Reminds me of another young fella named Tywin from another world.  Makes things fun.

• Upvote 1

I was just trying to provide a reasonable threat to Sparta, an alliance who we get along with very well. I figured the treasure root was a believable way to go. Like I said, apparently I did too good of a job.

Poe's law in action

• Upvote 1

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

you know, the more i think about it, you guys are probably right. me being a dick would explain why so many of you can't keep me out of your mouths for a single day

&#33;@#&#036;ing. Savage.

• Upvote 3

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

lILOAZ9.png

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Best way to see preparedness, is to see who is willing to prepare. This drill is an extreme TEst, yes, wasting millions, yes, but it also allows Sparta to be what it is best, an alliance of elites.

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

If anything this is an example why alliances need to actually communicate with each other. It only takes one major alliance to begin militarization for everyone else to detect the spike and start building up themselves. An "accidental war" is a very real possibility.

Well, this was dumb.

I don't see the point of these drills. In a well-functioning alliance, if the leaders of the alliance tell their members to militarize, they militarize. End of story. Anyone who doesn't follow through and doesn't listen to what their leaders tell them are unreliable and shouldn't have been let into the alliance to begin with. If you can't trust the alliance's members to do what they're supposed to do everything falls apart and drills shouldn't be needed to ensure that trust, it should already be there. Honestly, if someone is unwilling or refuses to go along with militarization orders in a real situation, they should be kicked out.

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Well, this was dumb.

I don't see the point of these drills. In a well-functioning alliance, if the leaders of the alliance tell their members to militarize, they militarize. End of story. Anyone who doesn't follow through and doesn't listen to what their leaders tell them are unreliable and shouldn't have been let into the alliance to begin with. If you can't trust the alliance's members to do what they're supposed to do everything falls apart and drills shouldn't be needed to ensure that trust, it should already be there. Honestly, if someone is unwilling or refuses to go along with militarization orders in a real situation, they should be kicked out.

Look at it like this, two thirds of many alliances are active and would readily militarize if asked to do so. The last third are what a lot of people could call "problem children" who won't or "can't" militarize because they didn't listen to direction. Sparta believes by pruning out the ineffective 1/3 you make the alliance extraordinarily stronger. Sometimes drastic measures are needed, and yeah it'll piss people off, but its better than going to war with an expected 100 members and having only 50 militarizing in prep for that war.

Sparta in all respects is cut out to be the elite of the elite. No weak links. We've so far cut down from 1/3 to 1/8th of our membership who couldn't properly prepare.

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

Well, this was dumb.

Well.

If the alliance has a more open approach to recruitment or if you havne't been at war for some time then testing how quickly your alliance can change to war mode isn't entirely pointless.

But yeah, building up forces which you are not going to use is a bit of a waste, and causes unnecessary concern with other alliances.

Better to just do routine warchest surveys and gauge people on how quickly they swap their improvements to warbuild I'd say, if you absolutely need a war drill.

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

Well, this was dumb.

Ultimately nations are sovereign entities and can do whatever they want.

No. Not in most alliances.

I mean de-facto, we log into our nations and have control. Alliances cannot actually control their nations in the game mechanics, they can only communicate with them.

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov