Finnish Conquest of White Karelia

Sintiya

HELSINKI, 15 MARCH, 2003

Reports have surfaced that during the shift from 14 to 15 March under the cover of darkness, Finnish soldiers have crossed over the

border and have begun a military advance onto local villages and small cities that dot White Karelia,

a province which has not aligned itself with any nation that is internationally recognized.

Initial reports of the numbers indicate that the Grand Duchy of Finland has been low-key in the previous few months,

seemingly having spent a lot of time planning and orchestrating so as to make sure that this invasion is carried out without any flaws or hitches.

The casualties are reportedly rather low amongst personnel, although surprising high amongst equipment-

Due to the geography of the region, several Finnish armoured cars, tanks and APCs have been abandoned after getting stuck in ditches, high snow or having been driven into frozen lakes that cracked under the weight of the equipment.

No reports of fighting have thus far been received, and it appears as if the invasion will be successful if these initial reports prove accurate.

However, the Grand Duchy now faces the biggest challenge of the invasion yet;

Dealing with the international response to this news.

In a televised address to the nation, freely also broadcast to other nations across the globe, the Grand Duchess made an appearance for the first time in several months, stating the following;

"My fellow Finns. I am sure that you have become aware that as of today, Finnish soldiers have crossed past the borders of our nation, into the wasteland to our East. I know that some among you will consider this act aggressive, or uncalled for. But to you I say that this is the right thing to do. The people living in the areas that Finnish soldiers are walking into as we speak are not our enemies, and we never intended to invade them with the intention of killing them or taking from them what they have. No, no. We are marching into White Karelia because we wish to protect these people, as fellow Karelians and Finno-Ugric peoples, and allow them the ability to sleep with the knowledge that they are safe under the protection of the Crown of Finland."

The Finnish government also appears to have supported the invasion, as during this address, several members of Finnish parliament could be seen standing behind the Grand Duchess, clapping their hands after she finished her speech.

• Upvote 1

The Kingdom of The Evenstar recognizes the expansion, and we are indifferent to the news.

Although it would be appreciated if a map could be provided showing what was taken.

Edited by Thalmor

new_forum_sig_2.png

The Empire of Narvan commends and congratulates the Grand Duchy of Finland on this blatant expansion based on nationalistic principle.

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

Velika formally condemns this aggressive and imperialistic act and demands that Finnish troops be withdrawn back over to the recognized boundary. If the people of Karelia truly wish to join Finland, then Finland would have no problem holding a plebiscite on whether they join Finland.

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov

Velika formally condemns this aggressive and imperialistic act and demands that Finnish troops be withdrawn back over to the recognized boundary. If the people of Karelia truly wish to join Finland, then Finland would have no problem holding a plebiscite on whether they join Finland.

why should Finland care that a small nation with no regional influence demand that they should leave

The Yuktobanian Republics stand by your statement.

bRejPUy.jpg

Britannia is unsure how to respond

We will choose to somewhat support this

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

why should Finland care that a small nation with no regional influence demand that they should leave

Says the 1-city nation.

I support this statement. Furthermore, that small nation isn't even close to Finland to be any threat,

It's not about being a "threat", it's about having international rules. Rules must be obeyed by everybody or they cease to be respected altogether. If nations do not agree to respect each others sovereignty then eventually the world will turn into state of anarchic war and disorder.

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov

It's not about being a "threat", it's about having international rules. Rules must be obeyed by everybody or they cease to be respected altogether. If nations do not agree to respect each others sovereignty then eventually the world will turn into state of anarchic war and disorder.

Then there'll be no fun in that.

• Upvote 1
pwzK3cd8SS65e9vYtF-QIQ.png

Says the 1-city nation.

It is for roleplaying purposes first of all, i am a city state focusing on economy, and any i have more economic power then you because i am the only nation in south america meaning i have all the resources to myself, and i am not demanding things form bigger nations

so you want us to follow your rules because you think without them there would be a "state of anarchic war and disorder."

so you want us to follow your rules because you think without them there would be a "state of anarchic war and disorder."

You say that, but I am sure if your nation suffered aggression against it you would wish nations respected sovereignty.