Allow forum names to be ruler or nation names

Sentinel Optik

Why is it our forum name has to be our ruler name not either our ruler or nation name? You can say oh what if someone switches things around and has the same ruler as someone else's nation or vice versa, but that can be handled on a first-come first-served basis in those rare instances, so the first person who registered the forum account keeps the name, and the other person has to use the ruler/nation name that doesn't match anyone else's name.

I've had Sentinel Optik as a nation name since 2007 in NS and it is not a ruler name, it is a nation name, and it is the name I go by, not anything else. This is a very reasonable accomodation.

Edited by Eisenhower
SwdzxXu.png

actually, OP, right now you're going by "eisenhower", so you do go by something else

that comment aside, while i think people who go by their nation names are weird, it's not a big deal

but like what about this: what if i decided to get in here and name myself "Sentinel Optik" before you showed up, for whatever reason, and used that name. you'd still have to have to go by something else if i wouldn't trade you. imagine if you were, like, dicks, the ruler of karl, and i made a nation called dickstauffenheimserzehn, which was ruled by karl. you could force me to name myself dickstauffenheimserzehn when by all rights i should get to be karl

If Sheepy approves it that will be my new nation name and I will use Sentinel Optik as my ruler name.

I see Sentinel Optik is your ruler name now. I'm still waiting for dickstauffenheimserzehn. :P
xzhPlEh.png?1

• Administrators

If Sheepy approves it that will be my new nation name and I will use Sentinel Optik as my ruler name.

I don't see any reason why not.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link