What constitutes "vacation abuse" exactly?

Buorhann

Title is the question.  I think it would be best if this particular subject was clarified for the players here to understand.

I would love to know considering I see someone in vacation mode, but is posting on the boards daily despite claiming going into vacation mode to get away from the game.

We all know the game is obviously "played" on the boards here through the community.

• Downvote 1

• Administrators

We don't penalize players for using Vacation Mode. There's no rule against it, just the penalties that come with using it.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nothing. There is zero way to prove anything one way or another.

Holy shit, Jodo's back?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

We only penilize people for being active and using game mechanics to defeat lower activity people.

What?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 2 weeks later...

as a person who has been in vacation mode for over two weeks now, who still posts a lot, my main motivation for being in vacation mode is that i really don't actually have the time to play the game right now

just because you're on vacation doesn't mean you can't spend a half hour at night talking to people, but it still prevents your ability to actively wage war and, well, play the actual game itself

vacation mode comes with significant drawbacks. i wouldn't mind seeing the max cut down from a year to, say, 3-6 months, but really, if you're gonna spend an entire year in vacation mode, that's a LOT of time of your nation not earning any revenue whatsoever. to put things in perspective, logging in one time every week while being in a neutral alliance is much, much more profitable, and doesn't raise any concerns whatsoever

You can literally do everything you need in 20 minutes if your internet connection is a piece of shit.

Hell, during last summer I normally could only spend 5 minutes a day on, but I still managed just fine.

have you ever heard of war?