4/5/2016 - Server Timezone Change

Alex

1st, ruined my amazing comeback plan that I had been working on for a week. Literally a week of patience and strategizing to overcome the shit that last bad update forced on me.

2nd moved the day change from 8 (9 in daylight saving time) to freaking 1 am. Not too pissed but I'm more for starting wars in morning than before going to bed.

One bad update after another. Might as well quit the game.

Edited by Immeral Ilimaris
  • Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

"The majority of the other 20% of the players in in Western Europe and Australia, which are not terribly impacted by this change."

Hasnt europe now the same problem american people had before?

I understand why so many people like this update, for me its the worst in pW history.

Edited by Linus Vulp
  • Upvote 1

1st, ruined my amazing comeback plan that I had been working on for a week. Literally a week of patience and strategizing to overcome the shit that last bad update forced on me.

2nd moved the day change from 8 (9 in daylight saving time) to freaking 1 am. Not too pissed but I'm more for starting wars in morning than before going to bed.

One bad update after another. Might as well quit the game.

"Alliance: Arrgh" - all is going according to plan. :ph34r:
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

@sheepy do you ave any numbers on how many people are from australia/asia vs. Europe? Because GMT+8 would be much nicer for european players then (~9am pst, 18pm cest)

I am asking because update is currently at 2am in middle europe

Edited by Linus Vulp
  • Upvote 1

In uk now I don't have to wake up at 7 my alarm is now at 7 not six thirty

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

OMG sheppy thanks,now I don't have to wake up at 6 pm on war time for the reset.

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU POST CAUSE IF YOU POST IN A NO COMMENT THREAD, YOU GET A WARNING POINT

CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE SEING ONE MORE POST THAN USUAL HURTS THEIR EYES.

You gotta live long so you can experience the sad joke that this world is.

"If I ever formed an alliance it would be called Grand Puberty Agency

And the text above would be like:"GPA just had a growth spurt"

now it changes at 12am so i just sleep an hour later

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Thank you!  I am sorry for the 20% of the players that were negatively impacted by the change, however as one of the 80% in the US this is a perfect update time.  No more staying up to 1am, which meant it rarely happened, and trying to get up the following 6am for real life.

Edited by Kal Asharak

LNNnhow.jpg

<UZIgrl> you are like a raccoon who chases coins across mine fields, you don't care what blows up, YOU HAVE TO GET THE SHINY

• Administrators

Asks for timezone feedback, gets overwhelming feedback for US Eastern, sets game-time at UTC.

Well done Sheepy.

The overwhelming support for UTC, you mean? 69% of players who voted in the poll wanted this change. https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11887-server-time-zone-poll/

GMT+0 seems fair. Though some warning might've been nice, hah.

I intentionally did not warn anyone, so as to prevent any unfair advantage by having insider knowledge.

"The majority of the other 20% of the players in in Western Europe and Australia, which are not terribly impacted by this change."

Hasnt europe now the same problem american people had before?

I understand why so many people like this update, for me its the worst in pW history.

Eastern Europe will have similar problems as the East Coast of the US previously, but as I pointed out, there's a lot less players in the former region.

Don't you think you are killing the EU market where you probably have the most growth potential?

No, I don't think people are going to quit because the military update is at 2AM; 80% of the players now didn't quit because of it.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Eastern Europe will have similar problems as the East Coast of the US previously, but as I pointed out, there's a lot less players in the former region.

Thats why i asked if they are any numbers on how many users are from "europe without GB and portugal" and australia/asia. 

Correct me if i am wrong, but why not GMT+8? Its 9am PSt-> no problem, 18pm cest-> no problem and even midnight for 25% of the world population. That would make the update "playable" for people in China, Europe, africa and america, not just in asia/america.

• Upvote 1

• Jax locked this topic