***when the magnetic field of the earth is changed***

I found this fun to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2QsbFOCeD4

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

A geomagnetic reversal doesn't have anything to do with the rotation of the earth. It has to do with the Earth's magnetic poles. A geomagnetic reversal will just cause compasses to point south instead of north. It won't change the rotation of the Earth.

That's exactly what I said in the post you quoted. Odd.

A giant asteroid could hit the moon, blast it out of orbit, and cause earth's rotation to reverse

Or it could be caused by a super volcanic eruption (remember it from a documentary).

No. The moon have nothing to do with Earth's rotation, the Moon getting blown up will only stops tidal waves from happening.

Volcanoes are not rocket boosters. Even the biggest volcanic eruption (Toba supervolcano) only covers the entire globe in volcanic ash for decades, which is still bad, but does nothing to the direction of the rotation.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

No. The moon have nothing to do with Earth's rotation, the Moon getting blown up will only stops tidal waves from happening.

Volcanoes are not rocket boosters. Even the biggest volcanic eruption (Toba supervolcano) only covers the entire globe in volcanic ash for decades, which is still bad, but does nothing to the direction of the rotation.

What if we just nuke one spot over and over? Surely that'll cause a reverse rotation ;) Edited by EVA

PoJQyFJ.gif

What if we just nuke one spot over and over? Surely that'll cause a reverse rotation ;)

That's if you propel something out of orbit in the explosion. A lot of somethings.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

Okay so giant volcano eruption makes it so we can't even tell where the sun is from billions of tons of ash.

Geomagnetic reversal technically makes the sun rise from the west but nothing is noticable physically if we don't use compasses, nor is it really different.

Huge meteorite just destroys/wipes out all life on earth, so it doesn't matter.

Moon flying away from Earth doesn't change much. The current tug on Earth by the moon is stronger now than if it started to float away.

Time reversal is just... no.

Attaching 100 quadrillion 500 billion ton rocket boosters to the Earth would just fly off the Earth and if it were secured to the Earth it would rip a part of the Earth with it.

And besides, if the Earth stopped, we'd all fly off at a thousand miles per hour due to inertia.

This is very small

And besides, if the Earth stopped, we'd all fly off at a thousand miles per hour due to inertia.

tumblr_nharpoxFNC1smwj1yo1_500.gif

• Upvote 3

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

The problem with the argument in short is that it's a lot of bollocks. Sweaty pig's bollocks.

The earth is not rotating on a spring, it is not going to change direction. Oddly though it is perfectly possible for the sun to rise in the west, sort of. Every half a million years or so the earth goes through a geomagnetic reversal, when this happens next then the sun will indeed rise in the west, at least according to compasses.

Praise be to Allah and all the other magic pixies that live in the sky and control the world.

hqdefault.jpg

Praise be to Allahu indeed....

Image sources:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2411152/Lucy-Vallender-Former-male-TA-soldier-UKs-transgender-Muslim-woman-MARRIED.html

Edited by lizard noob

What if we just nuke one spot over and over? Surely that'll cause a reverse rotation ;)

You will only ends up with a really big crater, and radiation everywhere.

To create a reverse rotation, you need to hit Earth something else as big as Earth. Like Mars or Venus.

Edit: shit that would just vaporizes Earth but what the &#33;@#&#036;ing hell

Edited by Bilal the Great

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

(You do know you can edit your posts Altim Atae?)

I'm assuming you both didn't bother watching the video so I will summarise the argument that was made....

>In the beginning our Earth used to complete one rotation around it's own axis in 4 hours.

>It has been slowing down since then and now takes 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds

>Scientists say that the earth is behaving like a spring and the rotation of the earth will continue to slow down until it can't any more do to it's mass

>Then it will stop briefly, and begin rotating in the opposite direction.

>When that happens the Sun will rise from the west. 

No, the earth will not start spinning the other way. 

Is everyone in this thread stupid? What you referenced was geomagnetic reversal. It's happened numerous times throughout earths history but the earth has always spun the same way. You almost had a decent argument here but it's obvious that you don't even understand what you're talking about.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

A giant asteroid could hit the moon, blast it out of orbit, and cause earth's rotation to reverse

Or it could be caused by a super volcanic eruption (remember it from a documentary).

No. An asteroid hitting the moon wouldn't do anything to the Earth. A super volcano is also not going to change the earths rotation. The only way an impact could change the earths rotation, is for the impacting body to be absolutely massive, about the same size as earth. So massive, that every living thing on the facing side of the planet would be wiped out before it even actually hit and the impact would turn the whole globe into a molten ball of magma. There would be nothing to witness it. 

You should stop learning your science from youtube. Go read a book. Something besides the Quran preferably. 

OP question has been solved: There will be a geomagnetic reversal and the sun will (for all intents and purposes) rise from the west.

Good job. What did you win?

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I wasn't even aware until now that this was a prophecy in any religion. That shit gets wonkier every day.

Well it is the absolute last sign before the day of judgment and just before all of humanity is wiped out. It will come after the battles between Jesus and the Anti-Christ etc. So Allah could physically cause the sun to rise from the west (as it does say nobody will disbelief after seeing it -but repentance won't be accepted) or it could be due to a geomagnetic reversal.

Either way it's happening for sure. ~_~

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg