Will the Sun rise from the WEST?

Moreau

Question: Will the Sun rise from the west?

Answer: There will be a geomagnetic reversal and the sun will (for all intents and purposes) rise from the west.

Edited by Moreau III
  • Upvote 1

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

it is not will it is when

• Upvote 1

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Okay, people, cannot we just all peacefully accept that other people have other ideas, beliefs, and religions? I mean really, this stuff is getting annoying. I bet you aren't even muslim in real life, Moreau. Seriously, some are muslim, some are christian, some are hindu, etc. Does the Koran say you must be annoying? Does the Bible say you must be annoying? No! 

• Upvote 3

This is very small

Okay, people, cannot we just all peacefully accept that other people have other ideas, beliefs, and religions? I mean really, this stuff is getting annoying. I bet you aren't even muslim in real life, Moreau. Seriously, some are muslim, some are christian, some are hindu, etc. Does the Koran say you must be annoying? Does the Bible say you must be annoying? No! 

I'm fine with Muslims, and Christians, and Hindus, and all religions. I really don't care what your religion is. And I don't get why you care so much about it.

You chose to visit this thread and make off-topic posts. Nobody forced you.

If you don't like the topic, don't visit the thread. Simple.

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

No Christianity does not.

Christianity used the image of sol to connect with the pagans of the British Isles.

Christianity is basically sun worship, whether we accept it or not, Agree or Disagree?

IpHGyGc.png

Okay, guys, get back on topic.  <_<

Does anyone have any counter evidence to suggest the Sun will not be rising from the west? 

I do... it's called the Earth isn't going to randomly start spinning in the opposite direction.

• Upvote 3

This is very small

UNLESS a giant meteor hits the Earth and knocks it into a different orbit path or something spinning the opposite way, in which case everyone and everything on Earth would be dead so it wouldn't matter at that point.

This is very small

UNLESS a giant meteor hits the Earth and knocks it into a different orbit path or something spinning the opposite way, in which case everyone and everything on Earth would be dead so it wouldn't matter at that point.

The Meteor is Allah?

IpHGyGc.png

Thousands of years of math, astronomy, and everything in-between?

I do... it's called the Earth isn't going to randomly start spinning in the opposite direction.

(You do know you can edit your posts Altim Atae?)

I'm assuming you both didn't bother watching the video so I will summarise the argument that was made....

>In the beginning our Earth used to complete one rotation around it's own axis in 4 hours.

>It has been slowing down since then and now takes 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds

>Scientists say that the earth is behaving like a spring and the rotation of the earth will continue to slow down until it can't any more do to it's mass

>Then it will stop briefly, and begin rotating in the opposite direction.

>When that happens the Sun will rise from the west. 

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

The problem with the argument in short is that it's a lot of bollocks. Sweaty pig's bollocks.

The earth is not rotating on a spring, it is not going to change direction. Oddly though it is perfectly possible for the sun to rise in the west, sort of. Every half a million years or so the earth goes through a geomagnetic reversal, when this happens next then the sun will indeed rise in the west, at least according to compasses.

Praise be to Allah and all the other magic pixies that live in the sky and control the world.

• Upvote 6

Oddly though it is perfectly possible for the sun to rise in the west, sort of. Every half a million years or so the earth goes through a geomagnetic reversal, when this happens next then the sun will indeed rise in the west.

Noted.

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

(You do know you can edit your posts Altim Atae?)

I'm assuming you both didn't bother watching the video so I will summarise the argument that was made....

>In the beginning our Earth used to complete one rotation around it's own axis in 4 hours.

>It has been slowing down since then and now takes 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds

>Scientists say that the earth is behaving like a spring and the rotation of the earth will continue to slow down until it can't any more do to it's mass

>Then it will stop briefly, and begin rotating in the opposite direction.

>When that happens the Sun will rise from the west. 

No, it won't stop briefly and begin rotating in the opposite direction. It'll just become tidally locked with the Sun, so it'll rotate once per year.

The problem with the argument in short is that it's a lot of bollocks. Sweaty pig's bollocks.

The earth is not rotating on a spring, it is not going to change direction. Oddly though it is perfectly possible for the sun to rise in the west, sort of. Every half a million years or so the earth goes through a geomagnetic reversal, when this happens next then the sun will indeed rise in the west, at least according to compasses.

Praise be to Allah and all the other magic pixies that live in the sky and control the world.

A geomagnetic reversal doesn't have anything to do with the rotation of the earth. It has to do with the Earth's magnetic poles. A geomagnetic reversal will just cause compasses to point south instead of north. It won't change the rotation of the Earth.

This is very small

insert praise the sun vid from tlf's alliance profile

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

• Administrators

Right, so the Earth slowing down and changing direction won't happen. There is no "spring" and that just wouldn't make sense.

The bit about a geomagnetic change causing it to rise in the west is technically correct, but physically nothing would change, your compasses will just be flipped. Eventually though, the Earth will be in tidal lock with the Sun, just like how the Moon is in tidal lock with the Earth (why we always see the same side of the moon.) That'll leave one half of the Earth really warm and deserty, and the other half pretty cold and ice-agey. I suspect humanity, if it still exists at that point, will be living underground or on the fringes where there is twilight and some mixture of warmth and cold.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Right, so the Earth slowing down and changing direction won't happen. There is no "spring" and that just wouldn't make sense.

The bit about a geomagnetic change causing it to rise in the west is technically correct, but physically nothing would change, your compasses will just be flipped. Eventually though, the Earth will be in tidal lock with the Sun, just like how the Moon is in tidal lock with the Earth (why we always see the same side of the moon.) That'll leave one half of the Earth really warm and deserty, and the other half pretty cold and ice-agey. I suspect humanity, if it still exists at that point, will be living underground or on the fringes where there is twilight and some mixture of warmth and cold.

So basically what I said.

• Upvote 1

This is very small

Giant meteorite/several-small-ones hitting the earth - it is.

No, actually, giant meteorite would blow up the Earth/kill all of us and all life on Earth, and the amount of 'small meteors' that wouldn't kill us needed would be extremely immense, creating something like a remake of the Heavy Bombardment, making it super hot due to atmospheric friction on hundreds of thousands or millions or maybe even billions of meteors.

Edited by Altim Atae

This is very small

No, actually, giant meteorite would blow up the Earth/kill all of us and all life on Earth, and the amount of 'small meteors' that wouldn't kill us needed would be extremely immense, creating something like a remake of the Heavy Bombardment, making it super hot due to atmospheric friction on hundreds of thousands or millions or maybe even billions of meteors.

A giant asteroid could hit the moon, blast it out of orbit, and cause earth's rotation to reverse

Or it could be caused by a super volcanic eruption (remember it from a documentary).

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

the word 'giant' is so descriptive

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt