Ragnarok Invades Orbis

Diomedes

Ragnarok has at no point in its interactions with the $yndicate given any impression whatsoever of having nazi-related tendencies and/or preferences. The use of the odal rune makes sense in the viking context.

Frankly, your outrage over the matter has at this point been proven to be:

- Ill-thought out and researched, as shown in your referencing of the wrong Alphabet while asserting that the rune is rare.

- Lacking in consideration of the context in which the rune is used- a context which makes perfect sense given the origin.

- Potentially politically (in-game) motivated, given the immediate assertions and accusations against the $yndicate for its protection of Ragnarok.

- Futile in nature: You are not going to achieve anything by taking a giant shit on the forums. The $yndicate's will continue protecting Ragnarok, and my suspicion is that no relevant party will think more or less of Ragnarok as an alliance. You are, quite frankly, wasting our time.

- Directed to the wrong medium of communication. If you have an OOC issue with Ragnarok's use of the symbol, direct it to the proper authorities (meaning, Sheepy). Let him decide whether action is warranted or not. If Sheepy decides that no action is warranted, then you have no cause whatsoever to attempt to police in-character forums over Out-of-character views.

All things considered, this is a weak framing by Hereno in hopes of getting a rise out of us. If it was not, he would have directed his attention to moderation. Now can we return to treating this thread as an in-character event? The declaration of existence of a viking themed alliance.

Welcome to the world, Ragnarok!

• Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

wow...hereno's got a big problem about a viking themed alliance he thought as nazi themed. if we agree on you then it's logical that i should also rally to defame against the likes of TE (war god themed?), tS (illegal businessmen?), arrgghh (pirates), etc.

!@#$ off!! this is just a game.

I extremely doubt that Diomedes thought ' I know, lets use a nazi rune to make us stand out above the other small alliances! Thats a great way to get new members!'

It was probably more along the lines of 'I like the aesthetics of that one, lets get that'. I like to think that I know Diomedes well, and he isnt the type of person to:

a ) condone the use of a nazi related rune

b ) accept the proposal of a flag from an outer source with the knowledge that it was nazi related

c ) plaster his alliance flag on this post knowing that it would attract hate (top tip, he didnt know it was nazi related)

except he literally DID, from his own mouth, use a flag that he didn't even know what it meant

that's his own pro-him argument.

i'd love to know where he got it from

Your previous post about the odal being rare used the Italic Runic alphabet rather than the Elder Futhark, you can blatantly see the runes that odal is based on when the alphabet was adapted to germanic languages. It's a fairly common rune if you look at the correct alphabet, see an example from the Rök runestone.

R%C3%B6kstenen.jpg

There's kind of a lot of odals. The sound described by Odal was divided between Uruz and Ansuz during the development of the Younger Futhark in the late 8th Century. The rune also survived in the Anglo-Saxon futhorc until the alphabet was banned by Cnut the Great around 1000 AD. If you look at the appropriate time period, it's a very common letter. It's used in words like bean, sister, and do. Not exactly a rare thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Futhark

nothing you said here invalidates any of my arguments

I'm going to put this argument to bed. As a Jew, I don't find the Odal rune offensive, and have had nothing but pleasant interactions with RoK, whom I interviewed and recommended for protectorate status.

yeah and i'm a black white green purple elephant man

not saying you're lying but saying i can't know if this is true or not so it's meaningless to me 

also, in the past, we've seen alliances such as this simply lie for these exact same reasons, so

Ragnarok has at no point in its interactions with the $yndicate given any impression whatsoever of having nazi-related tendencies and/or preferences. The use of the odal rune makes sense in the viking context.

Frankly, your outrage over the matter has at this point been proven to be:

- Ill-thought out and researched, as shown in your referencing of the wrong Alphabet while asserting that the rune is rare.

- Lacking in consideration of the context in which the rune is used- a context which makes perfect sense given the origin.

- Potentially politically (in-game) motivated, given the immediate assertions and accusations against the $yndicate for its protection of Ragnarok.

- Futile in nature: You are not going to achieve anything by taking a giant shit on the forums. The $yndicate's will continue protecting Ragnarok, and my suspicion is that no relevant party will think more or less of Ragnarok as an alliance. You are, quite frankly, wasting our time.

- Directed to the wrong medium of communication. If you have an OOC issue with Ragnarok's use of the symbol, direct it to the proper authorities (meaning, Sheepy). Let him decide whether action is warranted or not. If Sheepy decides that no action is warranted, then you have no cause whatsoever to attempt to police in-character forums over Out-of-character views.

All things considered, this is a weak framing by Hereno in hopes of getting a rise out of us. If it was not, he would have directed his attention to moderation. Now can we return to treating this thread as an in-character event? The declaration of existence of a viking themed alliance.

Welcome to the world, Ragnarok!

it isn't outrage, and saying that i'm doing this for political reasons has to be the biggest "lol. no, u" bullshit i've ever seen. you sure do know how to use a lot of words to say very little.

wow...hereno's got a big problem about a viking themed alliance he thought as nazi themed. if we agree on you then it's logical that i should also rally to defame against the likes of TE (war god themed?), tS (illegal businessmen?), arrgghh (pirates), etc.

!@#$ off!! this is just a game.

do you ever post ANYTHING intelligent. ever?

Edited by Hereno

So why don't you take it to sheepy and keep it out of these forums then? As far as I'm concerned, you're breaching the ToS by bringing your OOC crap into these IC forums.

Alliance Affairs

In-Game alliance announcements

this is not cybernations, try again

I'm glad we still have these bastions of antinazism on the internet. It makes me feel safer knowing that someone out there is arguing about this essential detail.

Hereno, you are my Champion of Freedom.

I'm glad we still have these bastions of antinazism on the internet. It makes me feel safer knowing that someone out there is arguing about this essential detail.

Hereno, you are my Champion of Freedom.

bald-eagle-crying.png

just doing my job, citizen

We're already creating a flag with different Nordic symbolism, because some people can't handle themselves when they see a Nordic symbol. Unforunately, some of us here aren't mature enough and continue to act like trolls, which shows a lot about their character. If you still have an issue, then take it to Sheepy.

• Upvote 1

Roman Empire

We're already creating a flag with different Nordic symbolism, because some people can't handle themselves when they see a Nordic symbol. Unforunately, some of us here aren't mature enough and continue to act like trolls, which shows a lot about their character. If you still have an issue, then take it to Sheepy.

what if i have an issue with being called a troll for being right?

good on you for changing the flag though, good luck

what if i have an issue with being called a troll for being right?

good on you for changing the flag though, good luck

Did I mentioned you by name? Why assume yourself?

Thanks for the luck, even bought Photoshop for the new design....that's if the Alliance approves of my flag design. We currently have three designs we are debating.

Roman Empire

You were saying that Odal is rare and has only Nazi connotations. Neither is even remotely true. Maybe if you were more clear on your position you could be better educated.

i didn't say that it only had nazi connotations, and it is rare in other contexts that are actually viking-related 

Did I mentioned you by name? Why assume yourself?

Thanks for the luck, even bought Photoshop for the new design....that's if the Alliance approves of my flag design. We currently have three designs we are debating.

GNU Image Manipulation Program

Know what would be a cool flag?

A black background, then the sun being clutched by Skoll and the moon being clutched by Hati with the raven design from the raven banner in the middle with crossed axes beneath it and your alliance name translated into viking runes scrolled across the top and bottom.

Ask not for lesser burdens, only for broader shoulders.

when all else fails, shitpost

i mean you could always just ignore me or reply to one of the others who agree with me lmao

He's right though, the black flag is a reactionary symbol.

when all else fails, shitpost

i mean you could always just ignore me or reply to one of the others who agree with me lmao

If I actually thought your opinion had any value I might actually put some effort into my replies towards you.

As is, you are OOC attacking a new alliance that is using a dumbass rune because "nazis used it" when the alliance has no connection to nazis, expresses no sympathy with nazis and actively denies being tied with nazis.

I bet you see woman that wear knee high boots and call them nazis cause nazis wore them.

P.S I'm voting for Trump, bye.

Edited by NMA

“I'm cheap and enjoy butchering” - Manthrax