UPN Recognition of Hostilities

Emmad

Mechanics aren't always perfect and need adjusting when anomalies occur. 

If they get gang raped over and over again that is their fault for not adapting, but I doubt we will be fortunate enough to see such repeated penetration of Arrgh's ranks. 

Lets not forget they started a lot of the gang rapes. 

So now we're an anomaly

tvPWtuA.gif

/me facepalms.

If Sheepy added a penalty for not being Dioist & Mensa then raped Rose a dozen times, would Rose be at fault for not adapting?

Your logic really equates changing the playing field for everyone as the same as changing it so people who choose a specific religion in-game get an advantage. 

IpHGyGc.png

• Wiki Mod

Those are literally the same thing.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

• Wiki Mod

Both of the concepts in question involve Sheepy making mechanical changes that disproportionately effect one group of people. Which for the purposes of this discussion makes them functionally identical. And you have yet to answer the question.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

/me facepalms.

If Sheepy added a penalty for not being Dioist & Mensa then raped Rose a dozen times, would Rose be at fault for not adapting?

There were plenty of options available to Arrrgh following the game mechanics changes (including, but not limited to stopping raiding against people who were already implementing military standards to better protect membership) and had grown tired of dealing with their raids.  It's also my belief (not acting as a UPN gov. official) that this would have eventually happened anyway but to much greater loss to UPN and her allies.  Arrrgh didn't exactly make itself any friends recently.

To specifically answer your question, if that was the only mechanic that was changed, then no, rose wouldn't be at fault.  However, the two cases aren't the same given the plethora of options afforded everyone with this rules change.

We're not quite through Round 1.  The real answer will be to see what happens during round 2 and maybe round 3 if some sort of agreement can't be reached.  Lets see how it goes before everyone starts losing their heads.

/me facepalms.

Both of the concepts in question involve Sheepy making mechanical changes that disproportionately effect one group of people. Which for the purposes of this discussion makes them functionally identical. And you have yet to answer the question.

Well its undeniable one is bias and the other is not.

- One specifically tailors to an alliance based solely on their alliance and discriminates against all those not in that alliance

- The other changes the score formula so that very strong nations are within range of similarly strong nations but not necessarily in the same way and it is applied to absolutely everyone in the game, so no discriminating whatsoever

It should be worth pointing out a smaller nation in the old system can now attack much larger and much juicer targets than before. This change goes beyond a single alliance and will come into play in future well at least well deciding who you can attack in range.

If one alliance was disproportionately affected by a simple logical change that was applied to everyone then it was obvious they weren't setup very well, the idea that one simple change could crumble an alliance in an instant isn't the fault of the game. 

I don't know if I would call that argument emotional in response to the change but it certainly holds little weight regarding the actual mechanics and if they should be changed or not.

There were plenty of options available to Arrrgh following the game mechanics changes (including, but not limited to stopping raiding against people who were already implementing military standards to better protect membership) and had grown tired of dealing with their raids.  It's also my belief (not acting as a UPN gov. official) that this would have eventually happened anyway but to much greater loss to UPN and her allies.  Arrrgh didn't exactly make itself any friends recently.

To specifically answer your question, if that was the only mechanic that was changed, then no, rose wouldn't be at fault.  However, the two cases aren't the same given the plethora of options afforded everyone with this rules change.

We're not quite through Round 1.  The real answer will be to see what happens during round 2 and maybe round 3 if some sort of agreement can't be reached.  Lets see how it goes before everyone starts losing their heads.

Bambino answered a lot of things Arrgh could have done.

Rose as well wouldn't be at fault but context is important regarding how they were tore apart.

Edited by Clarke
  • Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

Stayed out of this mostly thus far beyond my comment that I believed the changes were incorrect. 

Anyway, Cobalt and NAC both went in on Arrgh some time ago. They lost, and lost big. However they at least played the game and you can respect them on that. The current coalition could have aided those two groups but for the most part didn't, waiting instead as they knew a magic rule change was inevitably coming to stack things in their favour. In the blame game ultimately the reason for Arrgh's bad position currently isn't itself, but the group who whined and moaned until Sheepy gave them what they want. However it is what it is, happened before and will likely happen again. 

• Upvote 2

While the Mechanics was working for Arrgh, they were happy to Chest-thump their way into destructing everyone on their path.

Now that the Mechanics is not what they desire, they turn out to be cry babies.

While it was working, they could have had a more prudent approach of not abusing it.

• Upvote 3

Stayed out of this mostly thus far beyond my comment that I believed the changes were incorrect. 

Anyway, Cobalt and NAC both went in on Arrgh some time ago. They lost, and lost big. However they at least played the game and you can respect them on that. The current coalition could have aided those two groups but for the most part didn't, waiting instead as they knew a magic rule change was inevitably coming to stack things in their favour. In the blame game ultimately the reason for Arrgh's bad position currently isn't itself, but the group who whined and moaned until Sheepy gave them what they want. However it is what it is, happened before and will likely happen again. 

Who's in the current coalition?

IpHGyGc.png

The mechanics were sill in the first place, the fact that a city could have 800 infra yet 40 improvements was ridiculous. Yeah this counter on Arrgh was made possible because of the game update. It doesn't promote supressing score the same way as it did before. However, Arrgh was once cordial and friendly when working with them, since about last November they have become increasingly difficult and are arguably the worst diplomatic team in the scene right now. This is long overdue, sorry the mechanics didnt stay the way they were when you abused them. Maybe dont act like &#33;@#&#036; next time and this won't happen.

Edited by Caillou
  • Upvote 3

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

well this has been long time coming with arrgghh's behavior for last couple of months.

we all know arrgghh was rolled by VE once  so it's not surprising if they get rolled again. arrghh may hav able to hold their ground against mensa b4, however this time is different, UPN is another alliance and they got all war ranges covered so they we'll surely get rek'd hard this time around.

I have to say that I agree with Arrgh.

They should have been put down before the score mechanics changed, at least then it would have been a challenge.

Doesn't mean I feel sorry for them though, for sooner or later we all have to pay our dues and for Arrgh, that time is now.

What goes around, comes around.

• Upvote 2

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

Personally speaking I wasn't even a massive fan of the changes, and have spoken out against the war system changing all the time. The way I see it is that you will always be able to workout an optimal strategy for a particular purpose. And from what I know several of other UPN'ers feel the same way. So I don't see why Arrgh are trying to push some sort of rhetoric that as an alliance we campaigned heavily for these changes, and now were opportunistic in taking advantage of it. No doubt that we benefited from it, and it made the war a lot easier than it would of been, but it was Arrgh that forced our hand by outright mass declaring on our nations (in response to the spy attacks we were doing because of all the goddamn raids.) Updates or not, if you attacked us you would of been beat, it's just that with the updates it has come at a lower cost for us and the vast majority of our allies could sit on the sidelines.

You have been a thorn in our and our allies' side for awhile. And you declared on us -- after the game changes were made. What the hell are you crying about?

Anyway too much !@#$. Just enjoy the war.

Edited by Saru
  • Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

While the Mechanics was working for Arrgh, they were happy to Chest-thump their way into destructing everyone on their path.

Now that the Mechanics is not what they desire, they turn out to be cry babies.

While it was working, they could have had a more prudent approach of not abusing it.

Would punch harder if the rules weren't changed because a lot of tears weren't shed over it. Also if all the big alliances fighting now hadn't left the smaller alliances who actually fought back against Arrgh out to dry. Beating up someone who "God" broke the legs off for you isn't exactly that great of an accomplishment. 

Who's in the current coalition?

Originally I put quotation marks around the word, umm, odd. Anyway, it's no secret there has been some talk of ganging up on Arrgh. 

Would punch harder if the rules weren't changed because a lot of tears weren't shed over it. Also if all the big alliances fighting now hadn't left the smaller alliances who actually fought back against Arrgh out to dry. Beating up someone who "God" broke the legs off for you isn't exactly that great of an accomplishment. 

No one has bigger tears than me, trust me folks. If I don't shed tears then there wasn't many tears shed. Where are all the tears from? Well not from the main victims of the attacks anyway, it was primarily from people who were intelligent enough to see a problem.

I will admit though I made a few loose comments here and there but I didn't commit myself to talking about it.

What big alliances? Give names. Everyone fighting Arrgh as far as I can see are alliances Arrgh has attacked for the last month or more. 

Cobalt went on Arrgh during a war I recall, not exactly the best timing when half the world is burning. Not sure NAC went in on Arrgh but I could be wrong. 

Originally I put quotation marks around the word, umm, odd. Anyway, it's no secret there has been some talk of ganging up on Arrgh. 

There may have being talk but it didn't happen. 

Anyway you're utterly and completely wrong.

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

Honestly mechanics couldn't save Arrgh anyways. Just admit we're kicking your !@#$ and stop being a sore loser.

And anyways, it's Arrgh's fault in the first place for attacking DEIC and UPN. At least we arent bandwagoning you because we were payed by someone - which is more than what Arrgh deserves.

Edited by greatkitteh

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

No one has bigger tears than me, trust me folks. If I don't shed tears then there wasn't many tears shed. Where are all the tears from? Well not from the main victims of the attacks anyway, it was primarily from people who were intelligent enough to see a problem.

I will admit though I made a few loose comments here and there but I didn't commit myself to talking about it.

What big alliances? Give names. Everyone fighting Arrgh as far as I can see are alliances Arrgh has attacked for the last month or more. 

Cobalt went on Arrgh during a war I recall, not exactly the best timing when half the world is burning. Not sure NAC went in on Arrgh but I could be wrong. 

There may have being talk but it didn't happen. 

Anyway you're utterly and completely wrong.

You seriously asking me to mention the alliances who have attacked Arrgh now after this update? You talk as if those attacks aren't happening, odd.

Not only did they go in, but several times.

No, and as I knew it would people are wasting time with pretending they're some brave souls or something. I prefer honesty myself. 

You seriously asking me to mention the alliances who have attacked Arrgh now after this update? You talk as if those attacks aren't happening, odd.

Yeah, mention them. Attacks from who? 

Not only did they go in, but several times.

I'm pretty sure I was accurate in what I said, depends what you mean by "go in".

No, and as I knew it would people are wasting time with pretending they're some brave souls or something. I prefer honesty myself. 

Well that's talking about another point that I may agree with you on which obviously points to it straying from the actual point. 

IpHGyGc.png

People seem to be choosing to be purposely obtuse and recognising that Arrgh en-masse declared on us and not the other way around. Trying to continue to spin this as us being opportunists is silly. 

It was obvious what the complaining for the game mechanics to be changed was for.