Radio show possibility: State of Affairs.

Prefontaine

Since the last idea crashed and burned due to Steve's unwillingness, it's time for a new one. Looking to have several major political leaders on a show where questions will be posed about the current state of affairs, where things are going, how we got there, what the problems are, and potential solutions.

Only major government officials may apply from the following alliances (if you're alliance has 20 people in gov and you're not sure you qualify, just ask). These are the following alliances invited:

-UPN

-Rose

-VE

-Syndicate

-BK

-Sparta

-Alpha

-TKR

-Pantheon

-Mensa

-If you feel your alliance has a lot of political clout and not included please ask for special permission. NPO was excluded because they're new and I'd rather have a more private show with them down the road when they do something besides just sign treaties. 

I'd like to limit it to 5 guests otherwise people won't get enough chance to speak and it's hard enough coordinating time zones with 3-4 people let alone 7. 

REQUIREMENTS TO BE ON THE SHOW:

• Be gov from the above alliance list
  • Have a working headset and good mic (shit sound quality ruins the show)
  • Have skype.
  • Have an understanding of political events, have opinions which you're willing to have challenged. Be knowledgeable.
  • Don't be afraid to speak your mind.  

EDIT: Likely show time will be Sunday April 10th, Anywhere between 4pm-9pm Eastern Standard time zone for the start time. Max run time will be 2.5 hours. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 6

scSqPGJ.gif

boo, this sucks i want free and open applications to be on the show

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Why didn't there be DEIC on the list?

-If you feel your alliance has a lot of political clout and not included please ask for special permission. NPO was excluded because they're new and I'd rather have a more private show with them down the road when they do something besides just sign treaties. 

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Because they're a trash alliance that isn't important and who nobody likes. Go home troll.  :P

• Upvote 3

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

DEIC only has 1 treaty and isn't in the top 20 even anymore. This show is for the larger alliances who have more sway over current politics. 

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

I see how it is

I'd let the butthurt brigade on, but politically it's the same reason I wouldn't ask for TEst to be a guest in this show. That and all you'd do would be cry about the score change.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Sounds like fun!!! Can't wait to watch Listen!!!! Would be fun to do one day!!

ooc: who is the white spider man/woman?

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

I shitpost on the MENSA leadership forums, so that means I have at least a half-working dick. Decent microphone; I put out podcasts in my spare time.

I could come on to briefly talk about the recent score changes and how I think they are misguided. Plus how the new military-policy feature (along with other recent ones) are a bit ridiculous in terms of balance. The cumulative effect of these changes should be absolutely bizarre in the coming wars.

Edit: I see you don't want to talk about score balance. Frankly, I think it would make for an interesting discussion. Also, I want to have a talk with Ogaden on my side, dude has some appreciable zen-levels.

Edited by Syrup
  • Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

I shitpost on the MENSA leadership forums, so that means I have at least a half-working dick. Decent microphone; I put out podcasts in my spare time.

I could come on to briefly talk about the recent score changes and how I think they are misguided. Plus how the new military-policy feature (along with other recent ones) are a bit ridiculous in terms of balance. The cumulative effect of these changes should be absolutely bizarre in the coming wars.

Edit: I see you don't want to talk about score balance. Frankly, I think it would make for an interesting discussion. Also, I want to have a talk with Ogaden on my side, dude has some appreciable zen-levels.

It will be talked about. But not in the cryhard manner of temper-tantrums Arrgh has been doing publicly. 

EDIT: That and I see you're not gov, so therefor the invite to the show does not extend to you.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

boo, this sucks i want free and open applications to be on the show

Make your own for the scrubs of the world!

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

I'd let the butthurt brigade on, but politically it's the same reason I wouldn't ask for TEst to be a guest in this show. That and all you'd do would be cry about the score change.

I meant more inviting only one side of the current conflict onto the show but sure, let's say it's because butthurt

tvPWtuA.gif

I meant more inviting only one side of the current conflict onto the show but sure, let's say it's because butthurt

I'm guessing that Pre may not of seen the war declarations and would be more than happy to have someone representing Arrgh in the politics segment. One sided circlejerk shows are pretty boring afterall.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

April fools, there will be no show. Good one Pre, you got them good.

(In all seriousness, if the show starts around 9ish I will be available)

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I'm guessing that Pre may not of seen the war declarations and would be more than happy to have someone representing Arrgh in the politics segment. One sided circlejerk shows are pretty boring afterall.

What's a war without public declarations?!

scSqPGJ.gif

What's a war without public declarations?!

We miss you hounding us to post our announcements on the forum, and thought we would re-open dialogue this way.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Make your own for the scrubs of the world!

You'll have to drag me flailing and screaming into the effort zone first.

• Upvote 1

x0H0NxD.jpg?1