Smoke Detector Help Requested

WISD0MTREE

I once called the fire department because my smoke alarm wouldn't stop blaring at three in morning (dead batteries it turned out) and they came a racing to inform me it can't and shouldn't be shut off when the batteries are dead and because they're supposed to come replace them.

Do you know that the batteries are working and not used?

Otherwise replace it. Or else.

I had to go buy all of the batteries each time. 

Do you have an instruction manual? Otherwise, just bash it with a hammer a few times.

They make instruction manuals for smoke detectors? 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

It might have a reset button. Try to find the button.

Edited by fistofdoom

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

I forgot to mention this, but you must first apply the sacred oils before convening with the machine spirits.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

I would like to nominate this thread for shitpost of the year.

• Upvote 1

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

I just bought more batteries from the Walgreens. When I came back, a second one was beeping. Kill me. 

Does your smoke alarm look like this? If so push the test button - blue line.

system-sensor-smoke-detectors-020.jpg

Every smoke alarm has a button you can press, you just need to look for it. 

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

YOU MUST FIRST APPLY THE SACRED OILS

• Upvote 1

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

Question/s.....do you have more than 1 smoke detector in your house? If so, are they hardwired from the baseplate to the ceiling or wall (using a battery for backup power in case of an outage)? If so, change all the batteries in all your detectors at the same time. If you have a hardwired setup and a battery goes low in one, it could trigger any of the other ones to chirp. I know from experience!

X4EfkAB.png

Does your smoke alarm look like this? If so push the test button - blue line.

-snip-

Every smoke alarm has a button you can press, you just need to look for it. 

I feel stupid. 

Question/s.....do you have more than 1 smoke detector in your house? If so, are they hardwired from the baseplate to the ceiling or wall (using a battery for backup power in case of an outage)? If so, change all the batteries in all your detectors at the same time. If you have a hardwired setup and a battery goes low in one, it could trigger any of the other ones to chirp. I know from experience!

IDK if they are hardwired as I live in an apartment. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I have around 7 total in my house. If you hit the test button on one, they ALLLLLLLLL go off. Learned from experience. trololololol. 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

There is some good advice here...

Here is some from a RL Firefighter: This occasionally happens - there are numerous reasons why they would beep. Depends on the type you have too (i.e. ionization...photoelectric)I live in an apartment and mine are dual - also CO and fire. There is a power supply on mine when the head is removed, but if your problem does persist - I'd take the head off, remove the power supply if needed - remove the batteries, then hold your test button down (15-30 seconds), this sometimes acts as a head reset. Then battery, power supply, click it back on and it should work.

Make sure they aren't dual - like for CO and not just for smoke - you could have a CO leak,we get them all the time like that.

Call your landlord, ask him to replace it the heads could be faulty - look up how smoke alarms work and you'll see why.

Call your neighborhood Fire Department - have them check it out.

Edited by Mad Max
  • Upvote 2