3/29/2016 - War Policies, Score Formula Change, Naval Battles Have 15% Chance to Destroy Improvements

Alex

A naval defensive player is thing now.. and well demand for steel just doubled.. 

Hopefully the price balances back out.. or maybe resource prices will finally skyrocket. 

hit me

Whatever for? You're not a player/nation I was talking about. Anyway I'll try to get a good look at what was presented at some point, I've only skimmed it briefly thus far.

What's your definition of perks? Something that you can customize that makes your nation different from other nations?  ;)

So does that mean they'll be the next major update?

The war policy should be kept secret in my opinion. Its pretty BS for me to somehow win every war by magiacally getting my hands on an oppoment doctrine and exploting it.

• Upvote 2

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Whatever for? You're not a player/nation I was talking about. Anyway I'll try to get a good look at what was presented at some point, I've only skimmed it briefly thus far.

By hit me I clearly don't mean in game I refer to hit me with your rebuttal of the post I referenced which you've now twice avoided whilst still replying.

T7Vrilp.png

crap... i woke up to all my military destroyed.........

ain't good.... ain't good at all.....

Nations involve in current wars are affected the most....

the winning nations are instead of winning they are now losing....

You raided the wrong neighborhood my friend :P

• Upvote 2

crap... i woke up to all my military destroyed.........

ain't good.... ain't good at all.....

Nations involve in current wars are affected the most....

the winning nations are instead of winning they are now losing....

114996-john-belushi-bluto-pirate-gif-vqi Edited by Milord

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU POST CAUSE IF YOU POST IN A NO COMMENT THREAD, YOU GET A WARNING POINT

CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE SEING ONE MORE POST THAN USUAL HURTS THEIR EYES.

You gotta live long so you can experience the sad joke that this world is.

"If I ever formed an alliance it would be called Grand Puberty Agency

And the text above would be like:"GPA just had a growth spurt"

• Administrators

My score went up by 225.

I am barely militarized.

Balanced indeed.

Went up by 225 relative to everyone else? Because everyone else's score changed too, you know :P

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Sooooooo, how should we calculate Covert and Arcane in op probabilities? Just add 15% to whatever percentage you have already? 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

So, my thoughts now that this is live:

I think military is a bit over emphasized in the change. Take my nation for example, 1,188.50NS. Over 700 of that is based on military. If I got attacked and lost all military, I would drop to around 450NS. That is a bit insane in my opinion and will result in some pretty crazy roller coast rides in terms of NS when it comes to war.

Instead, it would probably have been better to leave military and infrastructure calculations alone and just give cities and projects a far greater boost. (I didn't provide this feedback when you were beta testing, conveniently like any good player ;)  )

I actually like the War Policies. I love new additions. In my opinion, the more options and combos you can create and experiment with in a game, the better! Will be interesting to see how they are used!

Not really sure what I think about ships being able to destroy infrastructure. I would have probably just increased the damage they could do to infrastructure instead. If you wanted to make more improvements disappear, I would have cut back the damage an airstrike does (both infrastructure and targeted units) and replaced it with the chance to knock out an improvement.

For a future update, would love to see the ability to completely destroy a city! You could make it hard to do and a long shot, but that option should be available! 

Edited by Nintendo
  • Upvote 3

I've had mixed feelings throughout the whole score thing. From positive to negative to simple worries. So I really can't have a say on this now that it's out. I just want to throw out that cities need some adjustment now given their increased value.

Edited by Hooves

• Administrators

Sooooooo, how should we calculate Covert and Arcane in op probabilities? Just add 15% to whatever percentage you have already? 

No, you would multiply the previous probability by 1.15.

Also, remember that spy odds are still obfuscated (and actually aren't even configured to display higher or lower odds based on War Policies.)

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This would change the face of the war for sure, the next global war will be interesting... The new policies are still nowhere near as interesting as the planned perks back then, though

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

First thoughts:

Cities have way too much impact on score now. 30 rather than 45 would have been more balanced. Infra score value is alright I guess.

The military changes means that the score range for me, between fully demilitarized and fully militarized, is 700 to 1800. That's completely insane.

Edited by Ogaden
  • Upvote 2
tvPWtuA.gif

No, you would multiply the previous probability by 1.15.

Also, remember that spy odds are still obfuscated (and actually aren't even configured to display higher or lower odds based on War Policies.)

So basically, if I have Covert and I'm engaging in an offensive spy operation, anything at or above 85% probability is actually 100%?

Or:

85% x 1.15 = 97.75%

Edited by AstraKatG

• Administrators

So basically, if I have Covert and I'm engaging in an offensive spy operation, anything at or above 85% probability is actually 100%?

Or:

85% x 1.15 = 97.75%

It would be the latter, with the caveat that your success odds still can't exceed 99%.

Forums Rules | Game Link

It would be the latter, with the caveat that your success odds still can't exceed 99%.

Mmm-kay, thanks.

Are there any plans to configure the display of odds to take War Policies into account?

• Administrators

Mmm-kay, thanks.

Are there any plans to configure the display of odds to take War Policies into account?

Yeah, well my main plan is to remove the "obfuscated odds" in favor of descriptions that cover a range, for example:

0-20% "Atrocious"

20-40% "Low"

40-60% "Moderate"

60-80% "Fair"

80-99% "Great"

• Upvote 3

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic