3/29/2016 - War Policies, Score Formula Change, Naval Battles Have 15% Chance to Destroy Improvements

Alex

• Administrators

I really think fortress should be different downside. It's basically a wash. 

I think it tactically favors the defender, as they're generally not online when attacked.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

did you even read seabass' reply to your post? it completely debunks your bullshit 

Um? You'll have to forward it to me, didn't see him respond to me previously on the matter. Oh I'm seeing and reading it now, still have issues with it at a glance. 

Edited by Rozalia

If we're pointing out typos, you forgot to change "Domestic Policy" to "War Policy" in that entire paragraph in the beginning. Obviously, you'd have to change "5 different options" to "10 different options" too, and you may want to rephrase the bit about "nation building" to something about war instead.

Also I'd like to add my own thanks to you for adding the city number so that I don't have to count 'em manually, hah.

Pro: Attackers start the war with 1 less MAP

Con: When attacked, start the war with 1 less MAP

Should that not be "When attacking, start war with 1 less MAP"?  it seems rather pointless otherwise.

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

• Administrators

Should that not be "When attacking, start war with 1 less MAP"?  it seems rather pointless otherwise.

No, it doesn't impact your offensive wars if you have Fortress. When someone attacks you, you both start with 5 MAPs.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think it tactically favors the defender, as they're generally not online when attacked.

No, it doesn't impact your offensive wars if you have Fortress. When someone attacks you, you both start with 5 MAPs.

All it really does is give them an extra 2 hour window to not have the exact same result.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Fortress should probably let you start your defensive wars with 7 MAPs while forcing your opponent to have 5 MAPs... the downside could be that you, too, start your offensive wars with 5 MAPs... because, of course, you've put your military focus on being defensive.

I agree 100%.

ahhhhhhhhh, sheepy! I cannot believe you drop my nation score and rank lol.  This is gonna look interesting this week with the new changes but why did you bring these things instead of the perks  :o

Well, war policies seem to be a tad bit better than perks in my opinion. Simpler. But I'm still kind of sad there are no "econ" war policies. It's ok though, the one war policy that I always wanted was covert anyway, so I'm happy. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

• Administrators

Well, war policies seem to be a tad bit better than perks in my opinion. Simpler. But I'm still kind of sad there are no "econ" war policies. It's ok though, the one war policy that I always wanted was covert anyway, so I'm happy. 

Domestic Policies?  :rolleyes:

Forums Rules | Game Link

And if you want to get *extremely* pedantic, it should be 'fewer' instead of 'less'.

• Upvote 3

eStUYHv.png

I can't believe you actually added war policies. These are awful and a waste of my time to consider in general. Btw I can't wait to abuse these with this 5 day change thing.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

I can't believe you actually added war policies. These are awful and a waste of my time to consider in general. Btw I can't wait to abuse these with this 5 day change thing.

I think they're great, new features should always be welcomed. If there's problems then they can be changed.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

How about perks?

What's your definition of perks? Something that you can customize that makes your nation different from other nations?  ;)

No longer have to scroll down to see city count.

best update

I think it's the most popular change  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

crap... i woke up to all my military destroyed.........

ain't good.... ain't good at all.....

Nations involve in current wars are affected the most....

the winning nations are instead of winning they are now losing....

Edited by K. Steel

crap... i woke up to all my military destroyed.........

ain't good.... ain't good at all.....

Nations involve in current wars are affected the most....

the winning nations are instead of winning they are now losing....

At least your city score looks like pacman now

• Jax locked this topic