A Treatise on the Duplicity of Anti-Pirate Activities

Hereno

We dominate because we are allowed to dominate.  How many do I think it would take? Honestly, MENSAHQ.  They have the builds and the coordiantion.  We are not super nations.  Look at the top 10, people with scores of 4000+, they are the super nations, the real untouchables.  We are just nations in the thicl end of the action, that are focused on war and fighting.  If you wish to mix it up with fighters then you need to build like a fighter, it's pretty simple.  You can't have 1000+ more infra, with the improvement slots and the cash generated, as well as a strong city to military ratio, something has to balance out.  Having anything above 1300 infra is not a fighters build.  Simply claiming untruths as the truth is not the way to go.  The Arrgh 'super nations' as you put it, do not prey on the new.   Ask DEIC...

I'm not and never have argued for keeping improvement slots (I nerfed my cities down to 1000 infra upon joining Arrgh, I didn't keep any extra slots), I would rather see them tied to infra more closely and once 50 infra is gone, an improvement randomly gets destroyed (with the exception of power plants).  I'd also rather see military count as a percentage of total populaton instead of tied to improvements (cities), with each unit costing a certain amount of manpower (troops = 1 citizen, tanks = crew of 4, planes = etc etc).  Something along these lines would actually give real worth to infra.  Instead we get an ill thought out change to pander to the hurt feelings and bruised egos of the high infra brigade.

Yeah, that's the tough part. Sheepy says that the point of keeping improvements after infra loss is to allow someone who is losing to have the potential to bounce back. Which, granted, I believe is a justifiable reason. Which is why I have no idea how to fix this problem. And I'm not arguing that a fighter build should be anything above 1k infra. In fact, I would definitely agree with you. If you have around 1k infra per each city, it grants you an advantage over nations within your same score that have higher infra, but lower city counts. 

But the problem is, these "super nations" have infra disproportionate to their actual size. 1k infra is suppose to yield only 20 improvements. You already saw above that people with averaging 700 infra have 3-4 times the actual amount of improvements their infrastructure can have. 14 improvements is enough to get a power plant, 3 barracks, 5 factories, and 5 airbases. Instead, you have people with full military builds, with full production builds, with full econ builds. That's honestly op. 

What I am saying, is that there are downs and up to having low (fighter) or high (econ) infra builds. But when you have effectively canceled out the majority of the downs, it becomes broken. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

you went from ~68 to like 35 or so

also where the !@#$ did you go? who is phoenix? are you really telling me that i just created the strongest leftist alliance in the game by !@#$ accident?

this planet :facepalm:

lol no, we merged with them. There will probably be an announcement in the next couple days or so...

Also, what makes you think that you have something to do with that? :P

@Caesus, if that was Sheepy's intent regarding infra/improvements then he completely went against it in the last update and nothing in what has been released to us plebeians in the upcoming update really adresses it.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Yeah, that's the tough part. Sheepy says that the point of keeping improvements after infra loss is to allow someone who is losing to have the potential to bounce back. Which, granted, I believe is a justifiable reason. Which is why I have no idea how to fix this problem. And I'm not arguing that a fighter build should be anything above 1k infra. In fact, I would definitely agree with you. If you have around 1k infra per each city, it grants you an advantage over nations within your same score that have higher infra, but lower city counts. 

But the problem is, these "super nations" have infra disproportionate to their actual size. 1k infra is suppose to yield only 20 improvements. You already saw above that people with averaging 700 infra have 3-4 times the actual amount of improvements their infrastructure can have. 14 improvements is enough to get a power plant, 3 barracks, 5 factories, and 5 airbases. Instead, you have people with full military builds, with full production builds, with full econ builds. That's honestly op. 

What I am saying, is that there are downs and up to having low (fighter) or high (econ) infra builds. But when you have effectively canceled out the majority of the downs, it becomes broken. 

Wouldn't nation score based off of population fix this issue of taking advantage of game mechanics to raid low-tier nations? Or losing a percentage of improvements based off of infra loss (but not all)?

Also what's the point of raiding, there's no way the amount of loot you gain in the low-tier nations makes it worth the stunted growth delay. I understand some may not want to play "build infrastructure sim" but doesn't remaining low to loot just completely stagnate your growth and other players?

Edited by EliteCanada

'New' players are welcome in to 'Arrgh's Death Range', if they come well equipped, they will travel safely through our field of killing.  If not they will learn the harsh lessons that the 'old' players who currently occupy the land have learnt.  That being said, these Fresh Faced 800-1000+ score nations do not have to make the  pilgrimage alone, many alliances out there can show them the safe path across. 

Walk quickly and carry a big stick, is the saying I think...

Also what's the point of raiding, there's no way the amount of loot you gain in the low-tier nations makes it worth the stunted growth delay. I understand some may not want to play "build infrastructure sim" but doesn't remaining low to loot just completely stagnate your growth and other players?

There is no point to it.  It's just something to do.  I find the life of a pirate to be more fulfiling then not logging on for a week and then coming back to a few more millions in the bank, a few thousand more resoruces and then spending it on some infra and maybe a new city.  Infra is not important, cities are the most important, they dictate your true power.  It's a shame that Ischelle left the game, she was the perfect example of how raiding can aid your build, at less then 150 days old, she had caught up with me in city counts and was one of Mensa's strongest accounts. 

Edited by Wayne
  • Upvote 2

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

@Caesus, if that was Sheepy's intent regarding infra/improvements then he completely went against it in the last update and nothing in what has been released to us plebeians in the upcoming update really adresses it.

Not sure what the last update was, haven't been paying too much attention. Can you link me what's new? Thanks, I appreciate it. 

Wouldn't nation score based off of population fix this issue of taking advantage of game mechanics to raid low-tier nations? Or losing a percentage of improvements based off of infra loss (but not all)?

If you had score based off of population, it would be worse. Again, since military is inexorably tied to how many improvements, it's all about how many improvements you can have. Sure, population limits soldiers, but only soldiers. Not tanks, and not aircraft, which makes it very powerful. 

And I think that's the point of the build. You don't grow. I know that seems really weird and odd, but it's better for them not to grow. It allows these nations to monopolize a certain score range. The loot is more or less upkeep for their over inflated militaries. 

'New' players are welcome in to 'Arrgh's Death Range', if they come well equipped, they will travel safely through our field of killing.  If not they will learn the harsh lessons that the 'old' players who currently occupy the land have learnt.  That being said, these Fresh Faced 800-1000+ score nations do not have to make the  pilgrimage alone, many alliances out there can show them the safe path across. 

Walk quickly and carry a big stick, is the saying I think...

This. The fact that entire lower tier alliances disband and stay outside of Arrgh's war range is ridiculous. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11348-2222016-military-caps-donation-changes/#

There you go. Bottom line is that it made it silly easy to keep people down now once they lose. Like even Rose could figure it out.

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-

And I think that's the point of the build. You don't grow. I know that seems really weird and odd, but it's better for them not to grow. It allows these nations to monopolize a certain score range. The loot is more or less upkeep for their over inflated militaries.

Not tanks, and not aircraft, which makes it very powerful.

Please, you are not a raider, don't try to speak for us. We do grow, we just don't waste our money on Infra, we spend it on cities.  The true measure of power and growth.  Granted, we waste a lot of cash on restocking, rearming and rebuilding, but that is part and parcel of being active in the game.

We do have a cap on tanks and planes.  Sheepy already tried to !@#$ us over once before.  He's trying again and from what I see he likely to succeed, more due to the fact that Arrghs heart ain't in the fight anymore then anything else...

Edited by Wayne
  • Upvote 2

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

massive 4k+ score nations serve as giant money batteries to boost up the newbies in those old mass member alliances which also don't get raided because they're strong enough to stop being raided. if arrgh wasn't disbanding them and putting them into the other alliances, they'd just be falling way behind everybody else anyway.

in addition to those willing to donate or bot the baseball system getting tons of free money for nothing.

the problem here is that any way you look at it, the people trying to game the game are the ones who are doing best. and i make a thread to talk about all of that and all you guys can do is read "arrgh" in the OP and start debating some shit that sheepy has already decided he wants to do. the problem is a lot bigger than this: hell, a lot of it is that you guys can't seem to actually wrap your heads around the problem that infra hugging as a gameplay strategy kills the game and makes itself obsolete by virtue of making it impossible for anybody to actually catch up

sheep designed this game with capitalism's re-creation in mind and all of you dumb capitalists can't see it here just like you can't see it IRL that power begets more power and only its dispersion and constant checks on it keep things fun and interesting and actually playable for everybody. you can't just have people endlessly sitting back making tons of money as a gameplay strategy. constant growth as a gameplay strategy does not work. learn the !@#$ing lesson from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), god damn you people annoy me.

• Upvote 1

here, let me try to put it in simpler terms. IF EVERYBODY DID WHAT ARRGH DID ARRGH WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO WORK BECAUSE THEY'RE GETTING ALL OF THE MONEY BY STEALING IT FROM YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY'VE JUST FOUND A WAY TO NOT HAVE REALLY REALLY OLD NATIONS BUT STILL GET MONEY OUT OF THEM.

they are NOT THE PROBLEM.

• Upvote 2

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11348-2222016-military-caps-donation-changes/#

There you go. Bottom line is that it made it silly easy to keep people down now once they lose. Like even Rose could figure it out.

Oh, I think I saw this on the test server. Best way to find out is to fight another global war. #RollGPA2016?

I empathize with your raider mentality as much as a gov member of a mass recruit alliance is capable of empathizing with your point of view.

GAwSyaS.jpg

• Upvote 5

MofFA United Purple Nations

Former Grosskomtur, FA Minister and Spitler (IA) -Teutonic Order. Former Reclusiarch (IA) - UPN.

le61twR.png

How on earth could someone hate that?!

something something i don't need to see boobs everywhere all the time something something sexual objectification of women something something aren't you supposed to be a leftist something something i hate this !@#$ing game

• Upvote 1

NPO are gonna get so wrecked...

Good one

>Claims no high ranking alliances are raided by Arrgh

>raids DEIC

They're still an AA? I mean err, yeah that was surprising. DEIC being as solid and militarily competent as they are.

Edited by EliteCanada

Good one

They're still an AA? I mean err, yeah that was surprisingly. DEIC being as solid and militarily competent as they are.

*Checks nation age*

*6 days old*

If by "still an AA", you mean that we've been around for the past week like you, then yeah, I guess we are still around.

Glad to see our reputation has preceded us though.

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

*Checks nation age*

*6 days old*

If by "still an AA", you mean that we've been around for the past week like you, then yeah, I guess we are still around.

Glad to see our reputation has preceded us though.

Don't worry I've read some threads and heard of your... Err, history. 

Edited by EliteCanada