Clarification needed

Roland Dragonsand

So I'm a new player taking the new player quiz, and I read the following:

Government Types

u1mncwe.png

There are 5 different Government types in Politics & War, each offering a different bonus. As a new nation, you'll want to take advantage of 2 Government types in particular: the Republic government type, and the Autocracy government type.

The Republic government type reduces the cost of new cities by 5%. If your chosen government type (changeable every 5 days on the "Edit" page) is Republic, you will get a discount when you build a new city.

The Autocracy government type reduces the cost of Infrastructure by 5%. If your chosen government type (changeable every 5 days on the "Edit" page) is Autocracy, you will get a discount whenever you purchase Infrastructure.

Because you can only change your government type once every 5 days, you may not be able to take advantage of both benefits. A good idea is to change your Government type to Republic 5 days before you are going to purchase a new city. Then, when you purchase your new city, you'll get the 5% bonus, and can then immediately change your government type to Autocracy and get a discount on Infrastructure purchased in your new city.

but I also read this today:

02/29/2016 - New Government Options & Domestic Policies

Click Here to Read the Full Update

* Government Types no longer have any bonuses associated with them...

Am I correct in assuming that the new-player quiz is outdated, or am I mixing up two different concepts? 

• Upvote 4

• Administrators

Ah yes, thank you for noticing this. I'll have to fix it, because it is outdated. The bonuses are still accurate, they're just called 'Domestic Policies' now and have different names.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link