blockade buff

Hereno

ships are next to useless unless you want to keep your opponent from trading

a way to buff them a little bit that makes sense would be to have them affect income

how can commerce go on when a nation is under blockade? limited, within the nation

three potential ways it could be implemented:

1. blockades steal 10% of the enemy's money and/or resource production each turn

2. blockades cut commerce level by 50% in all cities

3. blockades put a direct -25% modifier on gross income

any of these would brings ships from an auxiliary unit easily dismissed by having resources and money on hand, to a powerful tool of economic warfare

personally, since blockades already limit your ability to use the market, i have shown preference here to buffing ships in a way that impacts money rather than resources further

of the three, though, i prefer #2, because it affects larger nations more than smaller nations, and larger nations are much more likely to have navies

• Upvote 3

That logic would only work if the Commerce rating is about international trade, which I don't believe it is. I believe Commerce is only about intra-city trade or maybe even domestic trade between cities as a whole.

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

That logic would only work if the Commerce rating is about international trade, which I don't believe it is. I believe Commerce is only about intra-city trade or maybe even domestic trade between cities as a whole.

supermarkets can have foreign goods in them

banks can store foreign money (the swiss do this like as a thing irl)

shopping malls can have foreign companies with stores in them

stadiums can host foreign teams, and in the context of orbis, do exclusively with baseball

#1 is too strong

#2 is just the right choice

#3 is also another just right choice.

i think #1 could be salvaged, if people agree with you, by having it scale

using spite's suggestion, from 2-5% based on how many ships per city you have

of course, all of it could scale. i'm a lot less worried about the exact numbers than the general idea behind the suggestions

1) no just no. think of this war. ground battle win, (enemey air-froce reduced.) blocaked them.. the planes are pretty much worthless and you just won on all 3 fronts in 1 battle. Take 80% of the nation you attacked income from attacking them. 

2) you mean up to 4%.. 25 ships is max in a city, and that would be 100%.. needless to say this would need to be under 2% to even be considered. (pirate is at 40%, anything over 40% would just be insane.)

3)No again, A double cash starve for attacking someone once. The same issue with air being 90% of the way you deal with ships. 

An idea.. I`d like is during and after a blockade on a nation, there is a tariff placed on the nation. Any incoming/outgoing money is 
"taxed" and removed from the game. (if your nation didn't actaully have a war chest, you`d be punished) If you`d blockade a nation raiding you, their raiding income would take a hit. The tariff would decay by the time a nation would leave beige. 

You need a ship to spot a blockade honestly.. currently if your opponent has 0 ships the blockade just ends. This makes ships just unneeded since you can air raid out of this situation you couldn't really see. your opponent should need 1 ship to break the blockade. 

Ships should get a higher % improvement chance that ground attacks. (like notabely higher) ships can destroy more infra than planes.. but planes just wreck ships. and why bother to train ships to take out improvements if ground attacks work just as well and are way less cost restrictive. 

I actually like that one ship can blockade, it forces people to use slots on stuff other than the main three units forces decisions and variety. Just FYI ships are about to get a buff in terms of destroying improvements but I like number 1, just stealing a little bit of income as a nice little buff.

• Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png

Why not have a "Sea Superiority" buff which works similarly to Ground/Air Superiority and nerfs the power of Soldiers/Tanks or Aircraft if you gain an immense triumph?

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov
  • Upvote 1

Idea to expand this, when the player wins the naval war, they have the choice to blockade the nation or not. If they choose to blockade, they have to choose one of these options with varying levels of cost depending on city quantity and which option is chosen. In this way, players can decide if they even want to blockade or not. Adds more strategy.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth