Seeking Testers - War Policies + Score Formula Change

Alex

Nothing is perfect. I personally think it's exciting to see new things added to the game.

So you enjoy the war mechanics being changed in the middle of your wars? Oh wait, I'm talking to a GPA member.....

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I want to proof Sheepy that game mechanics is not broken at all. I attacked S.O.S recently because he was chanting so much shit on this forum. At that time he had no military at all, consider it a good lesson for him since he does deserved it.

So today, I received a message from him, and to my surprise...

Please read this carefully and do take a note the word militarize. He actively took this action to prevent me from looting him and that follows with this message.

My reaction:

giphy.gif

What is this? A defender actually taking action to stop me? Well, Sheepy, you see 90% of these whiners on the forums either have no military or a very tiny military. They got attacked because they don't have a large standing military to protect them. Totally not our fault, it is their choice to go that path. S.O.S actually showed that his actions defies the whiners perspective of current game mechanics. Current game mechanics is working as intended and it is running healthy and fine. Your score change will not help because it will further encourage the rich nation to continue to expand their infra and stay well protected, making it even harder to achieve collaborative teamwork.

I hope you will reconsider this change because S.O.S shows that game mechanics is fine, as proven in-game message and his actions. You also wanted to have less in-game money so more people will purchase credits and I am doing you a great service by destroying $25 million a day. You should be thanking us for it.

The biggest proof that this isn't a problem is that literally anyone can do what Arrgh does. But because Arrgh has figured out the best strategy, it's somehow a problem just because nobody else has picked up on it. They would rather build pixels as fast as they can to compete with everyone else doing the same thing, than take an approach that would protect their members. 

If that's anyone fault at all, it's theirs....

[iC: The &#33;@#&#036; are you all embargoing me for? Do you think I actually trade with anyone at all?]  :rolleyes:

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

The War Policies are just cheap imo. I dont see them as a feature i need, they change absolute nothing other than a few numbers.

When the perks were announced i was quite happy and thought that they would make wars more interesting since you dont know your opponents perks, but War policies are simply boring!

• Upvote 3

• Administrators

So, uh, any information actually relevant to this topic about testing out the war policies on the test server?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So, uh, any information actually relevant to this topic about testing out the war policies on the test server?

Yeah, this thread gives you all the information that you need. The neutrals and cowards love it, while the rest of us hate it.

• Upvote 2

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

• Administrators

This is less about your opinions, and about testing the features to make sure they're working properly, and if there are any balance tweaks that need to be made.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This is less about your opinions, and about testing the features to make sure they're working properly, and if there are any balance tweaks that need to be made.

Look at my figures.  It needs more than a tweak from what you're proposing.

The war policies, however, have a negligible effect.  They don't drastically alter the outcome of a war and they don't change scores.

The important issue is the score ranges.  You will kill off new players with these changes and your new player retention will be next to non existant.

• Upvote 2

I like the idea.  I'd like something to break the staleness of the war module.  So even if the changes are "bad" ( In regards to balancing ), it'll be something to liven things up.

From a glance, I can see that Fortress, Guardian, and Covert will be the best policies overall.  Especially Fortress.  Anything that affects the Military AP is too good, but there's also Blitzkrieg.  So it'll be interesting to see who does what in this game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Covert has been working great for me. I murdered 38 of Aeon's spies pretty much as soon as you implemented the change on the test server sheeps. I'm digging it so far, will have to update this 'review' once he and I duke it out again. 

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

• Administrators

Covert has been working great for me. I murdered 38 of Aeon's spies pretty much as soon as you implemented the change on the test server sheeps. I'm digging it so far, will have to update this 'review' once he and I duke it out again. 

I should point out that it doesn't let you do more damage, it just decreases your chance of failing :)

Forums Rules | Game Link

I should point out that it doesn't let you do more damage, it just decreases your chance of failing :)

Roger that boss, I know that. But the fact he also had 60 spies prior to me launching those ops, with the war policy percentage tacked on, brought my chance of assassinating spies up to 90% on EC. those are gorgeous odds:p

Edited by Thomas Meagher
  • Upvote 1

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

So far I've been liking the policies, but the score changes seem like too much. Why are tanks worth 100x as much score as soldiers, isn't their military power only about 25x more? I'm also noticing that rebuy rate is more powerful than before, now that a small standing army can bring a small nation into range of a huge nation with no standing army.

Edited by Woot
  • Upvote 1

Pirates option is not good overall.

I was able to loot a way more than in normal case, while most of my raid targets had no means to strike back so was not able to test the -ve aspect of "Pirates" policy.

When I was being raided by a larger nation, in 15 Ground attack Immense Triumph that they had against me, and improvement was destroyed only once. That is equivalent to around 7% chance of destroying an improvement.

So overall I think Pirate option is heavily loaded on the +ve side. You might want to look into it.

Pirates option is not good overall.

I was able to loot a way more than in normal case, while most of my raid targets had no means to strike back so was not able to test the -ve aspect of "Pirates" policy.

When I was being raided by a larger nation, in 15 Ground attack Immense Triumph that they had against me, and improvement was destroyed only once. That is equivalent to around 7% chance of destroying an improvement.

So overall I think Pirate option is heavily loaded on the +ve side. You might want to look into it.

I think the normal improvement destruction chance is 1 in 6 (16%), so a pirate policy users should lose improvements 1 in 3 (33%) of the time. Against a tactician this would increase to what, 1/2, or 2/3rds chance depending on how it stacks? That's more than enough.

Pirate looting is pretty easy in a world where there's so many inactives, things move 4 times as fast, there's not much of an alliance system, so many people using the default turtle policy, and the server hands of massive piles of lootable resources to everyone. It's a lot harder in the real game.

So far I've been liking the policies, but the score changes seem like too much. Why are tanks worth 100x as much score as soldiers, isn't their military power only about 25x more? I'm also noticing that rebuy rate is more powerful than before, now that a small standing army can bring a small nation into range of a huge nation with no standing army.

Officially, yes, but in reality, not really. One tank can kill about 25x more soldiers than a soldier can. However, tanks kill a lot more than 25x as many tanks as soldiers can.

Fortress didn't work.. the nation attacking me started with 6 MAP as did I. 

Oh.. and there will be a massive steel shortage on the test server very soon. Since there is an iron shortage.. and well everyone isn't running full steel mills. 

Yea... that 2000 steel(i think) gone in about 8 days. Don't worry we all still have plenty of aluminum though. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Fortress didn't work.. the nation attacking me started with 6 MAP as did I. 

Thanks, got that taken care of now.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yeah, this thread gives you all the information that you need. The neutrals and cowards love it, while the rest of us hate it.

More like a couple hundred players hate it, the vast majority don't understand the problem or don't have an opinion (until they are raided repeatedly), and a thousand or so would rather have large alliance wars and politics that actually matter.  But I guess if you want to call people who disagree with you "neutrals and cowards", that is your opinion.

More like a couple hundred players hate it, the vast majority don't understand the problem or don't have an opinion (until they are raided repeatedly), and a thousand or so would rather have large alliance wars and politics that actually matter.  But I guess if you want to call people who disagree with you "neutrals and cowards", that is your opinion.

politics that actually matter like what? what should politics be over if not the game? who dislikes who in the private skype calls that 95% of the people here won't ever even know exist because they didn't play (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) 10 years ago?

some of these dumbass sycophants would probably kill their own grandmothers IRL if it meant staying on top in a browser game

A thousand or so?  You are overestimating the size and interest in this game!

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

politics that actually matter like what? what should politics be over if not the game? who dislikes who in the private skype calls that 95% of the people here won't ever even know exist because they didn't play (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) 10 years ago?

some of these dumbass sycophants would probably kill their own grandmothers IRL if it meant staying on top in a browser game

there was nothing personal about this post; it wasn't directed at anyone in particular

get better mods please

A thousand or so?  You are overestimating the size and interest in this game!

PW has about 2000 active players (active as in log in at least once a month).

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov

• Administrators

PW has about 2000 active players (active as in log in at least once a month).

Per week, actually. There's stats on the homepage, currently:

35,622 nations have been simulated to date! 4,552 nations exist now, 1,962 nations have been active in the last week, and 554 nations have been active today. 477 new nations have been created this week, and 20 nations have been created today.

It fluctuates frequently, with peaks around 2100 nations in the last week and lows of around 1850 or so.

Forums Rules | Game Link