Arggg Is ruining the game

SEALTEAM6

Being in an alliance doesn't prevent being raided. Maybe, by Arrgh! But not the splinters.

Depends on the alliance you are in... as again, you prove.

And that is, as said, but one possibility for response ;)

The history of the real world is littered with countless tribes, peoples, and nations destroyed and assimiliated (and modern day babies crying over that past).

Those who survived did so through a variety of ways... Hence the name of this game - "politics and war" - which is based upon that.

Edited by Fasolt

All we need is a chance to defeat pro raiders. As it is now, even if you beat them one week they just come back next week. It's fine that you choose to do your thing your way, but it's not fine that there's no way to counter that other than possibly doing the same thing. Then we're all stuck in perma war and zero growth.

Get over it crybaby. Play the game like a real man, not like a !@#$.

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

Let's ALL attack Arghh and put them at the bottom 100

Let's do it..... Again....

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Depends on the alliance you are in... as again, you prove.

And that is, as said, but one possibility for response ;)

The history of the real world is littered with countless tribes, peoples, and nations destroyed and assimiliated (and modern day babies crying over that past).

Those who survived did so through a variety of ways... Hence the name of this game - "politics and war" - which is based upon that.

This isn't the real world; it's a game. And it's a broken game when a fully militarized nation with 15 cities is in the same range as a 1/3 militarized nation with 12 cities.

I'm all for your style of play. I just don't agree that your style of play should have such a huge advantage.

First, I didn't realize this was posted in alliance affairs - it's obviously not an alliance announcement. Let me move it to Game Discussion.

Second, you think because someone gave me $10 over a year ago I'm bought out by them? That's pretty funny.

you're right about the implication, but no. someone who spent money during beta is likely to keep on spending it. it was sort of a low blow, but it isn't like you haven't shown favoritism before based on personal like or spending money. which is not necessarily a bad thing but it does open you up to comments like that.

This isn't the real world; it's a game. And it's a broken game when a fully militarized nation with 15 cities is in the same range as a 1/3 militarized nation with 12 cities.

I'm all for your style of play. I just don't agree that your style of play should have such a huge advantage.

and i disagree that sitting around doing absolutely nothing but accumulating money and infrastructure for months at a time, perhaps behind a missile pad, should be a viable playstyle whatsoever

you don't see me asking sheepy to nerf you multiple times per month

• Upvote 4

Like I said, it isn't about play style, even though what you just said is completely stupid. It's about the war ranges allowing a greatly superior army to raid nations that cannot compete militarily. And, the only thing we can currently do is drop the raiders a bit lower, where they're even more of a problem for someone else.

This isn't the real world; it's a game.

My point really went over your head that much... or did you just fall back on the simplistic nonsense reply of "its just a game" because you had nothing else to say - brilliant.

Its a game based on the real word mechanics of "politics and war"... and if you look at the real world you'll find suggestions to solve many of the challenges faced in games like this.

Better now?

And it's a broken game when a fully militarized nation with 15 cities is in the same range as a 1/3 militarized nation with 12 cities. I'm all for your style of play. I just don't agree that your style of play should have such a huge advantage.

It doesnt.

What you describe is Bullshit, and typical of the exaggerated Bullshit people make up about us.

We dont even have anyone in Arrgh wirh 15 cities.

I have 9 cities... 900 infra each... And the exact number of improvements I should have.

I attack people with more cities and hundreds more points than me constantly.

Im one of the primary raiders in Arrgh - Ive attacked hundreds of people.

And I'm typical now.

Ive never been attacked... Ive never lost a fight... Ive never even been countered... Ive only had two "victories" against me - both pyhrric.

Most of my "raids" amount to nothing more than me showing up to take what they have without me having to think about it or even look at the persons name. I barely pay attention.

And this is against active people in alliances... often substantial ones.

None of that because Im anything special... It takes no effort at all and anyone could do the same... Others in Arrgh have never been attacked, countered or lost too.

Why? Its because so many people build little to no military.

And their alliances put up little to no fight - usually because of a mix of inexperience and again, not having anything to fight with in the first place.

The majority of this crying and complaining isnt even factual.

And the real blame falls on the targets themselves for making themselves easy, exposed victims.

Repeatedly victims... because its the same thing over and over.

And most dont even attempt to build or do anything while Biege.

Those days of protection... Instead of being time to prepare a defense, just turn into time for them to accumulate more wealth for us to take from them when they come out of Biege.

Its ridiculous and laughable... and repeats constantly.

Try raiding... Build up a strong military like any one of us. Get a couple friends with you and try it.

You'll see.

---------------------------

If people choose to leave themselves poorly or undefended... They deserve what they get.

If their alliance is unable or incapable of doing anything to stop it... They need to either find a new alliance, or deal with being sheep for wolves because thats what theyve chosen to be.

Edited by Fasolt
  • Upvote 1

I got your point. I think you missed mine. As a game, the mechanics need to work properly and fairly. Yeah, life isn't fair because you can play life any way you want. But, real life has laws of nature that usually prevents ridiculous shit. A decent game needs to have mechanics that usually prevent ridiculous shit.

There is an advantage. The only way to contend with a full military build is with a full military build - because of war range. And that just isn't viable.

We both know it's expensive and ultimately pointless to counter the occasional raid. You know the millions it would cost me to upkeep an adequate defense to prevent a couple million from being raided? We both know that even when you get rolled for testing your limits, you just raid a lower tier or rebuy cheap infra.

I have raided a lot, before. I do like it and I don't give a Damn about the moralists or the cry babies. But, I don't even want to take advantage of the current system that makes it too Damn easy. The fact that you always have an easy time looting should tell you something ain't right with the system.

The problem isn't Arrgh, it's that there's so many weak military's and alliances for them to prey upon.

Play tea party peace maker all you want with your buds, but don't ever forget the wolves are right outside your door.

• Upvote 1

Ask not for lesser burdens, only for broader shoulders.

No. Take Tywin for example. 1100 of his 1600 score is all military. The average 1600 score nation might have 1/3 his military. And, that's smart not stupid or weak. Because only a &#33;@#&#036;ing full time raider can afford 100% military.

Op, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, but they way I interpret "Arrgh!" Is you have aggressive nations and you have peaceful nations and Arrgh! repersents more of the former which is fine. If you think about, yeah it sucks if you get raided and hit hard, and maybe your not fortunate to have a powerful alliance to help, but Arrgh! creates tension and excitement, it would be boring to some if the only aspect of the game was peacful city building which is why it's "Poltics & War"

Find existing strong allies or say "hey, guys, you know this sucks, let's make an alliance soley devoted on continually raiding Arrgh! until all of their nations are crippled and they can't function or their members disband until they are no longer the threat they are."

• Upvote 1

Her Royal Highness, Princess Lirisa of The Principality of Sortana

Director of Foreign Affairs for Green Protection Agency. 

Sanguinem , et aurum , et Viridis!

only a !@#$ full time raider can afford 100% military.

That's absolute rubbish. It's so annoying when people make stuff up and pass it off as fact. Then I disprove it and yet they keep saying the same things.

I showed in another thread that you can have the same military and cities as me and an average of 1579 infra per city whilst still being able to attack me (never mind defending against me).

That's the kind of build I used to run at before Arrgh got smacked down and it generates around $2.5m net income per day plus decent resource production.

• Upvote 4

No. Take Tywin for example. 1100 of his 1600 score is all military. The average 1600 score nation might have 1/3 his military. And, that's smart not stupid or weak. Because only a !@#$ full time raider can afford 100% military.

Whn I was in Mensa, I kept a full military at all times. I was still able to make a tidy profit each day. You chat shit, so much shit.

• Upvote 3

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

I have raided a lot, before. I do like it and I don't give a Damn about the moralists or the cry babies. But, I don't even want to take advantage of the current system that makes it too Damn easy. The fact that you always have an easy time looting should tell you something ain't right with the system.

Ive already responded to all you have said here and shot it all down in my earlier posts.

Work on your reading comprehension and stop playing obtuse.

The reason I have such an easy time raiding... Is because most people build little to no defense.

And their alliance does nothing in reponse.

We are raiding as a horde now, because there is no retaliation. No move against us. Nothing.

There are only so many ways the same thing can be said over and over again.

Go back and read my last post slowly this time.

You can ignore it all you want, and make up exaggerated Bullshit like your claims about all our "15 city rules exploiters" ( - no one in Arrgh has 15 cities)

The reason its so easy for us... Is the people we attack are defenseless by choice and/or their alliances do nothing to protect themselves.

Again proven by the fact YOU are not attacked due to your alliance being able to defend itself.

The particular complaint you have about the mechanics doesnt even apply to me or Arrgh in general - as I already explained earlier.

And is an unfounded exaggeration anyway.

There are other things wrong with the war system that are not our fault and have zero to do with our nation builds - things that are a normal part of the existing game (like how battles/casualties are resolved), and none of the changes suggested address.

And your claims about people being unable to defend themselves and still be able to profit and build their nations are ridiculous...

Go ask Mensa HQ for some lessons in that... They do quite well.

---------------------------

Correction...

As of today, you do get raided... because you pissed Storm off here LoL

But that neither changes nor invalidates anything that I have said - the "cause" is an exception in this case ;)

Because it would not have happened otherwise.

(Though the fact your nation also lacked any standing military obviously made things a tad easier for him too... LoL)

Edited by Fasolt
  • Upvote 2

I THINK THE RULES NEED TO BE CHANGED 

ARGGG MIGHT BE PLAYING TO THE LETTER OF THE LAW BUT NOT THE HEART  OF THE GAME. people ARE QUITTING OVER THE WAY THERE OUR PLAYING. 

LET CHANGES THE RULE TO MAKE A BIT MORE SINCE IN RL: IE IF A COUNTRY/CITIES HAS BEEN HIT BAD BY ANOTHER IT WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE WITH MILITARY. i THINK AS INFRASTRUCTURE IS DAMAGED THAT MILITARY IMPROVEMENT SHOULD BE DESTROYED TO. AL LEAST HAVE ONLY A CERTAIN NUMBER OF IMPROVEMENT COMPARED WITH THE AMOUNT OF INFRASTRUCTURE YOU HAVE

I'm going to need you to put this in bold, too, I can barely hear you.
  • Upvote 2
xzhPlEh.png?1