targeted ground attacks

Hereno

we can use our planes to target infra, money, tanks, soldiers, etc.

why not allow the same for soldiers?

focus on killing the other army, looting for money, or destroying infra

Would your default ground attacks still do all the normal things? 

What I mean does a unit killing attack still loot money and kill infra? Bombing runs against tanks can kill 2k tanks, 150 infra, and 100 planes. Are you suggesting making the general ground attack (what it is now), and targeted ones that only do a certain thing but at a greater rate? Or do they do different skewed rates of everything else?

Lets say the current attacks do 33% strength towards each aspect, kills, infra, money. 

Targeted attacks do 50% to the target and 25% to the other two?

Some of the problem with this is that first strikes can already cripple ground units, so general attacks would have to be nerfed for casualties I think if you're going to give an option for ground attacks to do more casualties.

scSqPGJ.gif

i disagree, but this isn't a discussion about that; i'm interested in expanding the ground attack feature

I've seen battle reports where planes have taken out thousands of tanks in a single attack, troops are obviously much, much cheaper than tanks so you could imagine what it would be like if you could attack troops, like 60,000 troops destroyed in a single attack, it would be insane. Also very unrealistic as military aircraft are good at targeting bigger targets like vehicles but not so much at small targets like groups of soldiers. Just look at Syria/Iraq, the might of the US air force has been hitting ISIS for years now and they've yet to kill more than 27,000.

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov

I've seen battle reports where planes have taken out thousands of tanks in a single attack, troops are obviously much, much cheaper than tanks so you could imagine what it would be like if you could attack troops, like 60,000 troops destroyed in a single attack, it would be insane.

I think the most tanks I've seen taken out with an airstrike is somewhere between 15-20% of their max possible, if you scale that with soldiers you'd get somewhere between 33000-45000 soldiers for someone with 15 cities.

EDIT: I also think you're confused, we're not making it so planes can attack soldiers, but soldiers can do attacks similar to planes. Planes can attack a variety of targets, I think Hereno wants ground attacks to hit a variety of targets.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

• Administrators

Military units are setup so that each unit (or in ground battles, group of units) has its own tactical advantage. Letting ground battles do what airstrikes do would just be silly; why would we even need aircraft anymore?

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Military units are setup so that each unit (or in ground battles, group of units) has its own tactical advantage. Letting ground battles do what airstrikes do would just be silly; why would we even need aircraft anymore?

to blow up tanks and more infrastructure than the soldiers can and ships and also to protect all of those things

i'm not saying expand it to everything, just let them have an objective other than "go roll the RNG". if they have no money, more damage should be done. if they have money, i want to focus on stealing it rather than causing damage. and if odds are really close, i'd prefer to even them by attacking the soldiers themselves.

it's just a way to make ground attacks more interesting. i don't think there's anything wrong with the current ground attack, but i think it would basically function as the "assault city" ground attack (focus on infrastructure). steal some dosh on the way out, kill some guys, but primarily you want to smash shit and kill improvements.

I've seen battle reports where planes have taken out thousands of tanks in a single attack, troops are obviously much, much cheaper than tanks so you could imagine what it would be like if you could attack troops, like 60,000 troops destroyed in a single attack, it would be insane. Also very unrealistic as military aircraft are good at targeting bigger targets like vehicles but not so much at small targets like groups of soldiers. Just look at Syria/Iraq, the might of the US air force has been hitting ISIS for years now and they've yet to kill more than 27,000.

That isn't even remotely related to the topic at hand, though.

He's suggesting that you can tell your soldiers to target infra, loot, etc. Not that planes could do literally anything different from what they currently do.

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists