Daylight Savings

Yosodog

as much as i like dan's idea i don't really like the idea of not being able to have my nation on large portions of the in-game map because it screws with my ability to effectively wage war. especially since the in-game map is tied to what resources we get.

i don't dislike the idea of letting everybody pick their own update, though. it makes things really interesting from a tactical standpoint, puts less strain on the server during large-scale wars, and makes everybody happy with convenient times for them to repurchase military. just give us a way to change the in-game date/clock to what our actual time zone is and have all of the updates be at midnight. then if we want it to be at another time, we just shift our time zone accordingly and use the clock on our phone or on our desktop to know what the actual time is, like i have to do anyway now, and will have to do with the clock based on gmt as well.

one update time will always suck for someone. 24 update times makes planning against an attack quite nearly impossible. 

an update time of choice (between A and B) the update with fewer people would have the surprise advantage. Since the other update would be able to make sure the player attacked can't buy on their update

BUT, if your choice between A and B had like if a player on update B attacks you, a player on update A can't attack you (for a period of less than 24 hours, or else raiding would get sticky, the goal is to just stop a double update attack on someone.) 

That'd be pretty cool, I`d realistically want at most 4 update options a player could choose. (or else there would be constant surprise in pnw).