Graphic Work

Robert IV

How much would an animated forum pip cost?

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

Why do you have flags in your advertisement that were NOT made by you? Hell, I'd be surprised if you made a single one of those flags you shamelessly stole for this. How about you advertise with graphics that you have actually made instead of banking off the hard work of others. This is like me stealing a burger from a local restaurant and throwing a picture of it on an add for my shitty burger shack. !@#$ off. 

• Upvote 2

Why do you have flags in your advertisement that were NOT made by you? Hell, I'd be surprised if you made a single one of those flags you shamelessly stole for this. How about you advertise with graphics that you have actually made instead of banking off the hard work of others. This is like me stealing a burger from a local restaurant and throwing a picture of it on an add for my shitty burger shack. !@#$ off. 

Thats some tasty salt you got there

• Upvote 1

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

Thats some tasty salt you got there

And as an artist, I agree. Cody is not wrong at all.

I don't use your logo to advertise. Why would you use mine to advertise? 

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Yeah I can name 4 that I know for sure, including the one I made :P.

EDIT: Also why did you cut off Phiney's flag, that thing is beautiful.

Edited by Lyro

xqQnnps.gif

I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last.

Aww, I'm Salty because I support artistic integrity and don't like misleading !@#$. Sorry, boo. 

wuhh is it just the flag banner or is thuurrr more? 

I might have to get back to work here - Quality Time, Quality Work. 

Apologies if If I presented it in a way that it seemed I created all the flags for all the top 20+ alliances on the leaderboard, I presumed it was obvious I didn't create them, I only wanted something to use as a header image. The things I have created that I'm proud of I've put in the spoiler box. Yet again I apologize I thought it was clear

Edited by Robert IV
  • Upvote 3

rothlo10.png

The Island Of Rothlo

Assistant Director of Internal Affairs for The GPA

I'm pretty sure the flags are just there to represent orbis and the community, not a portfolio on what he has done. But yeah, I guess he should have asked before doing so. I see no malice intent in the other work he's displayed.

I guess criticism from on acclaimed user causes a herd effect. No one is really thinking.

Edited by Chappie

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

I'm pretty sure the flags are just there to represent orbis and the community, not a portfolio on what he has done. But yeah, I guess he should have asked before doing so. I see no malice intent in the other work he's displayed.

I guess criticism from on acclaimed user causes a herd effect. No one is really thinking.

BINGO! we have a winner,

like I said:

Apologies if If I presented it in a way that it seemed I created all the flags for all the top 20+ alliances on the leaderboard, I presumed it was obvious I didn't create them, I only wanted something to use as a header image. The things I have created that I'm proud of I've put in the spoiler box. Yet again I apologize I thought it was clear

• Upvote 2

rothlo10.png

The Island Of Rothlo

Assistant Director of Internal Affairs for The GPA

BINGO! we have a winner,

like I said:

The independent thinker is here for my ally always. :*

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

The point is that he's using other peoples art in a logo type fashion. By that I mean that the first thing I see when opening this thread is art made by other people. It gives the impression that you are using someone else's art to represent yourself. I understand what he was actually doing and that he isn't trying to steal peoples work, but that doesn't really change the initial impression. I personally would not open a thread like this (and I have one), with anything but my own art to represent myself. I mean it might not look as bad if it were non-game related art in the opening, like maybe a photo or drawing by a completely unrelated artist. However, throwing the flags of the top alliances into an opening about "your art" gives the wrong impression. It literally says: "Graphic Work By Robert IV" directly over the top of work that isn't his. 

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

The point is that he's using other peoples art in a logo type fashion. By that I mean that the first thing I see when opening this thread is art made by other people. It gives the impression that you are using someone else's art to represent yourself. I understand what he was actually doing and that he isn't trying to steal peoples work, but that doesn't really change the initial impression. I personally would not open a thread like this (and I have one), with anything but my own art to represent myself. I mean it might not look as bad if it were non-game related art in the opening, like maybe a photo or drawing by a completely unrelated artist. However, throwing the flags of the top alliances into an opening about "your art" gives the wrong impression. It literally says: "Graphic Work By Robert IV" directly over the top of work that isn't his. 

That's fair, and as I said before: he should have asked, or put credit in. But the initial impression is easily suppressed with a few seconds of "oh it's not his, his portfolio is down here." People who act on this first impression and criticize before thinking (not talking about you or necessarily anyone) are just shallow, and should just stop. 

Anyway, I hate arguing, especially when we're basically in agreement. I think he edited the bottom of his image anyway to include the top banner not being his so hurah!

Edited by Chappie