Why P&W is Pay-To-Win After Last Update

Dimitri Valko

After the most recent update, if someone has 10 credits, they can instantly redeem it, even during a blockade, and get twenty million dollars. That is Pay-To-Win. It's so f**king unfair and scummy as a business practice that I have lost nearly all respect for Sheepy. The only things I can see to fix this are to either revert the credit changes added in last update, or put a daily cap of how many credits you can redeem in a day. Right now, the person with more money can win any war, no matter how bad their military, and that is total bullshit.

#MakeP&WGreatAgain

• Upvote 3

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

20 million is nothing for top tier nations

when pw start donation big? was pay to win kill game then? no it not? so not pay to win? 

if sheepy increased amount to 20 credits it still wouldnt be enough to be pay to win. at high tier 40M isnt much

so not pay to win so no !@#$ing?

Edited by Captain_Vietnam
  • Upvote 2

who the !@#$ would buy 10 credits anyway? Get a life people. 

If anyone does waste their money, they can win without resistance, which is f**king stupid.

20 million is nothing for top tier nations

when pw start donation big? was pay to win kill game then? no it not? so not pay to win? 

if sheepy increased amount to 20 credits it still wouldnt be enough to be pay to win. at high tier 40M isnt much

so not pay to win so no !@#$?

CaptainVietnam, this isn't just about top teir. Small nations can cheat through wars if they're owned by the wealthy.

Edited by Dimitri Valko

If anyone does waste their money, they can win without resistance, which is f**king stupid.

CaptainVietnam, this isn't just about top teir. Small nations can cheat through wars if they're owned by the wealthy.

nations in small tier do not remain small for long as larger nations boast them then donations matter less

op says people with most money can win ANY war?

so top tier nation who make that in a day cant be defeated if they donate

wrong. crying OP wrong. amount is nothing at the top

vietnam can stomp puny donaters anyway!

Dude, you have less than 200 score, you'd be completely destroyed by someone who redeemed 10 credits in a war against you.

• Upvote 1

After the most recent update, if someone has 10 credits, they can instantly redeem it, even during a blockade, and get twenty million dollars. That is Pay-To-Win. It's so f**king unfair and scummy as a business practice that I have lost nearly all respect for Sheepy. The only things I can see to fix this are to either revert the credit changes added in last update, or put a daily cap of how many credits you can redeem in a day. Right now, the person with more money can win any war, no matter how bad their military, and that is total bullshit.

#MakeP&WGreatAgain

That is only a concern at the bottom ranges as you've experienced in the past as people can redeem credits, get resources off the market, and then have more tanks and planes then normal at those ranges. However at the top it can only be used to frustrate people, it can't beat them on it's own. 

Everyone's talking about whether or not 10 credits are a big advantage or not I think something has to be said about the quantity of real life money we're talking about. 47 USD! For what, 3 to 6 days of nation income?

If people want to pay through the nose for a tiny advantage, I'm happy to let them, those handful of whales can support the game for the rest of us.

And credits can be bought by anyone on the market any time, so any tricks you can do with them like getting past a blockade are available to anyone.

Dude, you have less than 200 score, you'd be completely destroyed by someone who redeemed 10 credits in a war against you.

Here's a sample of raiding at the 200 score level. The far right column is net income, the far left is score, you can see that 10 days worth of raids makes more than 10 credits can be redeemed for.

Even at the lowest levels credits are not ridiculous compared to what can be done legitimately.

MHxoegL.png

Edited by Woot
  • Upvote 2

I have used six credits in this game since I started playing. None of them were used for any military building or an action of desperation. Though your argument may be plausible out of an act of pure desperation in an extreme circumstance it is not probable that most would not find it suitable to spend the money on such a frivolous waste of pixelated excrement when there are other means to rebuild afterwards with less effort nor waste.

No offense but I see this as an argument for the sake of making an argument and not based on actual sensibility.

• Upvote 2

I have used six credits in this game since I started playing. None of them were used for any military building or an action of desperation. Though your argument may be plausible out of an act of pure desperation in an extreme circumstance it is not probable that most would not find it suitable to spend the money on such a frivolous waste of pixelated excrement when there are other means to rebuild afterwards with less effort nor waste.

No offense but I see this as an argument for the sake of making an argument and not based on actual sensibility.

I have to agree.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Agreed. In practice, it's a silly proposition.
xzhPlEh.png?1

Agreed. In practice, it's a silly proposition.

The only concern is being able to spawn in resources with credits in my opinion. Credits where very underpowered in the first place, but now they will definitely allow for some pay to win advantages as to previously the advantage was minimal. 

• Upvote 1

500 of each won't go very far, but if you really feel it will be a huge combat advantage I would suggest you buy 10 (of the market for no real money if you want) and use it to equalize it.

I know I don't speak for everyone but a 20m cash injection will do only a little in terms of winning a war for me. Things like alliance support will still be the big driver

Well, if you are in beige and have sufficient days then you can use a cash infusion to increase your military.  It is not "pay to win" I don't think but is valid.

-signature removed for rules violation-

having sheepy giving out resources !@#$ with the market

this is why it's better to just not even bother with in-game benefits from paying

if you actually make a respectable game environment, you will engender a respectful community

get rid of all the money and resource transactions and stop making money your primary focus

when you do, you will find that you actually get what you want from this game, which is for it to be GOOD

look at all your favorite companies: what do they do? how do they make their money?

valve - by providing a service/hub, anti-cheat, frequent sales, and community/friend/music features, in addition to game development

apple - production. not in the traditional sense, but in the sense that they're creating a product. all the bells and whistles, everything shiny and people won't ever know the difference because they won't bother to check out other phones

google - tons of free services and a search engine that sold itself by being a good product

what do they all have in common? yeah, they milk everybody for cash, but their primary focus is on giving more for less. you're doing the opposite - trying to give less for more. because every time you add something like this into the game, it gets worse and your profits go up. expand the genre rather than catering to a couple dozen people with deep pockets.

Edited by Hierophant

having sheepy giving out resources !@#$ with the market

this is why it's better to just not even bother with in-game benefits from paying

if you actually make a respectable game environment, you will engender a respectful community

get rid of all the money and resource transactions and stop making money your primary focus

when you do, you will find that you actually get what you want from this game, which is for it to be GOOD

look at all your favorite companies: what do they do? how do they make their money?

valve - by providing a service/hub, anti-cheat, frequent sales, and community/friend/music features, in addition to game development

apple - production. not in the traditional sense, but in the sense that they're creating a product. all the bells and whistles, everything shiny and people won't ever know the difference because they won't bother to check out other phones

google - tons of free services and a search engine that sold itself by being a good product

what do they all have in common? yeah, they milk everybody for cash, but their primary focus is on giving more for less. you're doing the opposite - trying to give less for more. because every time you add something like this into the game, it gets worse and your profits go up. expand the genre rather than catering to a couple dozen people with deep pockets.

Capital letters.

The resources part is the only part I don't like. Markets might not be interesting for everyone, but why have them if you're going to screw them up like this? One of the best parts of P&W is that everything has to be produced by someone. Shortages during global wars etc are part of the game. Imagine some whale-like character buying tonnes of credits and avoiding those price spikes. It's pigdisgusting.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong