2/22/2016 - Military Caps & Donation Changes

Alex

This is probably the worst update yet.

>Rape Militaries

>Pay 2 Win

:sheepy:

BRB, gotta go dump 20 million on my nation to raid noobs. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Yep me too. As a filthy neutral such as myself I still have max military, besides boats.

One round (5 days) from 2-3 guys and you would be raid fodder for the rest of your life with this update.

• Upvote 3

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Could we just get rid of military improvement caps per city altogether so that those of us that like to have higher infra. cities aren't penalized in warfare. 

This would be a terrible idea for balance. I could explain in depth as to why, but just think it through first.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Yes, it was tested on the test server, literally everything is tested on the test server. I can't even update the actual game without updating the test server first.

I don't doubt it was *added* to the test server, but was it *tested*? The problem is that so many of the nations on the server have already grown due to the money sloshing around on there. I suspect not too many nations are utilizing the Pirate Strategy on the test server, but I'm curious about if any actual tests were done using the nations.

In response to your assertion that players were quitting the game over these score changes, I'm highly dubious. Your change, if anything, made the early levels of the game infuriating now. Players already had a problem dealing with 1-city 1000 infra (ish) nations kicking the shit out of 2-3 city ~500 infra players. Mostly due to the fact that the "raiding" players have the extra infra for military slots. With this change to caps, the two-city new players are screwed over even more than before. If anything this change has made the game worse for the newest players, not better.

In summary:

Small-score new players - hurt by change; lowers retention

Small-score raiders - helped by change; raises retention

Medium-High score raiders - hurt by change; lowers retention

Medium-High score players - helped by change; raises retention

I'm highly skeptical that a change that hurts the new non-raiding players increases retention. Could an alliance give them money to quickly grow out of the small-scale raider range? Yes, absolutely. But you already stated that we're leaving alliance coordination out of the picture (since if we cared about alliance coordination, we could have beaten the pirate strategy in the first place).

Before the change, PP wasn't attacking MENSA, and MENSA wasn't attacking PP. Why do you think that is? I suspect that it was an unspoken acknowledgement that PP knew their strategy could be beaten with coordination, so they left us alone and went for the easier targets. So is the problem here that uncoordinated players are complaining to you and leaving? Essentially you're catering the game to the lowest-skill players with this change. With this logic, perhaps you should add a "queue attack" feature so that Rose doesn't fail their offensive blitzes each and every time they try to do so.

Edited by Syrup
  • Upvote 4

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

I tend to agree with the negative views on this update, I don't think this update changes much of anything for players as eventually those players are going to end up in range of nations with just military and may quit anyway.

Perhaps this was too obvious but a better solution might have being to just increase the military bills drastically.

IpHGyGc.png