2/22/2016 - Military Caps & Donation Changes

Alex

I suspect they'll still be able to do pretty well if they just build enough infra to get out of the range of other nations that can build a lot more than them because of the caps, and in doing so they'll increase their own caps. The intention here isn't to destroy their playstyle, but to narrow the ranges in which it's operable by giving nations with very few cities but lots of infra more of an advantage.

This change does narrow possibilities indeed. Defeated nations will be easier be defeated in round 2 and further on. Result is that it is easier for winners to win on all fronts. Smart alliances (like Mensa, Guardian and SK on Arrgh and PP) do a good first strike. Less coordination is needed to go on crippling defeated nations because the caps changed a lot (less soldiers (for me from 133k to 100k at 500 infra, you know once defeated you are around 350 infra in a city) less tanks, less planes (ships doesn't matter). Easier to win with a good first strike is easier gameplay is less excitement as result. Sorry I do not think this is a good change although naturally most players will like them because their gameplay will be easier.

• Upvote 4

tvPWtuA.gif

You just made running ads more expensive. We should get at least 12 days outta them now. >_>

• Upvote 2

This update is pointless and stupid. Very unnecessary.

And also credits for resources now? I thought you were trying to not make this be a pay to win game? This is unacceptable.

Edited by Seryozha Nikanor
  • Upvote 3
bRejPUy.jpg

Defiantly more of a challenge for us but not the end lol. Atleast in a actual war . raiding tho, 9/10 times we raid people with no military or a very small military. so it dont really matter lol tho now you guys have the chance to counter us with an even larger military then ours (like you did before this)

one good thing tho is nukes will actually be alllllllllot more effective now against someones military.

In the long run tho, all you have done is made it harder for rolled nations to fight back. you may have somewhat balanced out the current raiding issue but this will have other bad side effects to probably the other 80% people that play 

Edited by Glorton
  • Upvote 3

I normally don't care about the update, except for that of when the spy cap was introduce (my spy program whyyyyy)

But this update wasn't the best, the 8mil possible difference in a month wasn't extravagant and it wasn't really a problem high tier, but now you've changed that to 20mil possible difference. I get the game growth may neutralize some of that but now anyone that wants to get to 1k strength in just a few minutes just has to donate. 

Also the 500 resource was a lazy adjustment.

Come on Sheepy, you could've done better.

dieraiderscum

• Upvote 2

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

• There's a new donation option: you can now redeem credits for resources! 1 Credit will get you 500 of your choice of: Steel, Aluminum, Gasoline, or Munitions. This counts against your 10 credit/month limit of course.

First real pay to win mechanic of the game. Sad, but it was only a matter of time.

• Upvote 3

The military change is just a band-aid... Things won`t be as bad as they are currently but they are still a ways off

Yes there has been a hyper demand for manufactured resources in the game. This change seems a bit extreme. 1 city, can only make 270 steel in a month. one credit is 2 months of production.( I can`t keep up with a nation buying 20 cities worth of steel every month.)  Gas this is even worse...

This is a really direct nerf to the already pretty damn bad resource projects.  

• Upvote 1

Sheepy basically traded one problem for another problem lol but still didnt really solve anything in the process. atleast them dam pirates wont be raiding small unprotected alliances anymore! wait no, thats still gonna happen.

• Upvote 2

I think this may not have been the best way to go after those with "ghost" buildings.  Just browsing an alliance member *not* ghosting shows with his pretty typical 6 city, 1000 infra build he couldn't make the max troops, planes, or ships and can only just manage the tanks.  Add to this the destruction if he was attacked...or loss of recycling/police/hospital structures.  (added a little boost to missiles here).  Even if the tide turned and he started to make headway against his opponent he wouldn't be able to muster more than 50-75% of max in some categories until the war was good and over and he had time/money to rebuild infrastructure.  I can suggest changes to my alliance members to mitigate the risk but I think this might have been tightened a bit much.  

Then there is the issue of credits for resources.  This is likely to only matter during times of war when the ppt is over 4,000 (or the cash would be better) and functions like a price subsidy if it goes too high.  The biggest downside is that it harms the ability to blockade an opponent and unless the goal was to weaken this tactic further I suggest it not be possible to DO when blockaded.  

Edited by John X
  • Upvote 3

It's like you've never played a free MMO with an unlimited cash shop.

Just because it's often done doesn't mean it should continue to be done. There are plenty of MMOs that are not pay-to-win.

First nation to 1,000 NS

First nation to 2,000 NS

First nation to 3,000 NS

First nation to 4,000 NS

Yay. Common sense prevails.

I wouldn't mind seeing this go even a little farther, say 1200 infra. Applying it to individual cities would be cool too because then reducing a single city below 1200 infa would matter.

Yay. Common sense prevails.

I wouldn't mind seeing this go even a little farther, say 1200 infra. Applying it to individual cities would be cool too because then reducing a single city below 1200 infa would matter.

I like part of this idea.  I was just arguing to loosen a little, not tighten.  That said, if it was applied to individual cities then it would have an effect at higher levels as well where nukes or targeted bombardments could take significant forces out of a fight.  It shouldn't be that all the cities in a large nation takes an A-Bomb to the face and can still field the maximum military.  

Here are the limits:

Soldiers | 15.00% of Population
Tanks    |  1.50% of Population
Aircraft |  0.10% of Population
Ships    |  0.01% of Population

Again, the reasoning for this is that it values population (really, Infrastructure)

***Is the limit population or infrastructure?    If population things like police, recycling, hospitals, pollution from nukes, time in game matter .... if infrastructure it doesn't

Very interesting. I think this is a good change, although I was cool with the previous system too.

This will make bombing infra below 1000 meaningful.

Yep now the degenerate can infra bomb and be sure that they cannot even fight back.