Quick Note From Political Pirates.

Warpool

I know I don't make the fanciest posts but I did want to post here to thank (mostly) everyone for being really cool as PP has been around, we have felt very well received since we formed and have been having a good time being hyperactive micro raiders (a non stop headache for some FA :P). For the most part things have been fairly smooth, there have been a few reoccurring questions and I figure I can answer them as not all of them are directed to me!

Firstly! We do not accept "bribes" or any other form of payment to prevent PP members raiding inactives (not a word , but deal) We also do not accept protectorates. We try our best to stay towards the inactives, using Sheepys awesome color code, red/purple. While the loot is a bonus we enjoy actively fighting whether raiding or war. This is not an infra hugging aa by any means, so fighting is perfectly fine! We are not here to make a pile of enemies and make people actually upset, just a game and we're having a blast!

Secondly, since we are not here to piss people off. We will send peace after each attack for normal raids (group raids may differ), though it should be noted most raiders will not stand for the fact that they take more damages than a raidee and will seek to "fix" this should it happen. Just a forewarning :P.

Thirdly, we are "actively" recruiting based off recommendation/interest. anyone is welcome to apply (though if you start to lose raids/wars you will be sent to applicant until you recover :P)

• Upvote 5

Good luck raiding my pink friends! It is a way to have people staying active in the game or loose some pixels. Log in once a day and you will be safe, not that difficult I would say. ;)

You know whats funny about that? I was looking at the dudes they attacked and alot of have been active in the last 24 hours. But its whatever haha

TL;DR... We are abusing a factor in the game and bullying a majority of the player base until the game admin can make a meaningful change to stop us. 

Join our fun... cause there is no running. 

What factor are they abusing?

• Upvote 4

What factor are they abusing?

Go take a look at one of their nations... They have very high city counts and less infra then you... but guess what they still have over 30 improvements and full military... they were in a war once and lost some infra. rather than re-building the infra and going back to economic they left their nations be. I believe they run negative daily income... so they have to raid.. But guess what with the sheer number of cities and the fact they have all the military improvements if you fight back you lose. 

The game admin is looking into modifying the score change.. If the change as he proposed goes through this situation gets worse. If we go based on number of cities for war ranges, that would make it even worse. (literally the only way to properly impact it would be to have cities effect your score exponentially, this would create the same issue with very small nations running intense militaries that no one can beat, this would effect a lower tier and hurt game retention even more.) 

Military improvements are difficult to destroy to prevent curb stomps.. and cities are not destroyed due to how expensive they are. Lose infra, you lose a quite a bit of score and then abuse the factor. Adjusting these factors would only make this issues here would make it even worse.

Go take a look at one of their nations... They have very high city counts and less infra then you... but guess what they still have over 30 improvements and full military... they were in a war once and lost some infra. rather than re-building the infra and going back to economic they left their nations be. I believe they run negative daily income... so they have to raid.. But guess what with the sheer number of cities and the fact they have all the military improvements if you fight back you lose. 

The game admin is looking into modifying the score change.. If the change as he proposed goes through this situation gets worse. If we go based on number of cities for war ranges, that would make it even worse. (literally the only way to properly impact it would be to have cities effect your score exponentially, this would create the same issue with very small nations running intense militaries that no one can beat, this would effect a lower tier and hurt game retention even more.) 

Military improvements are difficult to destroy to prevent curb stomps.. and cities are not destroyed due to how expensive they are. Lose infra, you lose a quite a bit of score and then abuse the factor. Adjusting these factors would only make this issues here would make it even worse.

IIRC the 'low score; high city' tactic isn't sustainable.

Honestly I don't get the people who cry about this high city low infra approach. Majority of the people I hit have little to no military, the same thing can be done by a fully armed 8 city nation to another sitting ducks 8 city nation,and all the more effectively due to more tanks.

You can't complain when you're sitting with no military yourself.

You don't want to be raided? Keep a moderate standing military. No one will bother raiding you. For eg, look at Mensa. Who in their right mind would bother raiding them?

It's very strategically possible to take out such nations and if the game owner, Sheepy, ever wants to know it, I will happily explain it to him and demonstrate on test servers if necessary, but only to him.

Just because people can't figure out any strategy other than click and attack doesn't mean it's abusing.

Edited by Tywin Lannister
  • Upvote 6

Any alliance worth their weight can EASILY rebuild a 500 score nation who's been raided. Any alliance that dosen't completely cover the cost of a member who's been raided is worthless as a protector.

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

I know I don't make the fanciest posts but I did want to post here to thank (mostly) everyone for being really cool as PP has been around, we have felt very well received since we formed and have been having a good time being hyperactive micro raiders (a non stop headache for some FA :P). For the most part things have been fairly smooth, there have been a few reoccurring questions and I figure I can answer them as not all of them are directed to me!

Firstly! We do not accept "bribes" or any other form of payment to prevent PP members raiding inactives (not a word , but deal) We also do not accept protectorates. We try our best to stay towards the inactives, using Sheepys awesome color code, red/purple. While the loot is a bonus we enjoy actively fighting whether raiding or war. This is not an infra hugging aa by any means, so fighting is perfectly fine! We are not here to make a pile of enemies and make people actually upset, just a game and we're having a blast!

Secondly, since we are not here to piss people off. We will send peace after each attack for normal raids (group raids may differ), though it should be noted most raiders will not stand for the fact that they take more damages than a raidee and will seek to "fix" this should it happen. Just a forewarning :P.

Thirdly, we are "actively" recruiting based off recommendation/interest. anyone is welcome to apply (though if you start to lose raids/wars you will be sent to applicant until you recover :P)

the amount of people asking me to join their alliance is too dang high

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Let's start with no, there is a cap on soldiers/tanks which is far less than other nations my size. Perhaps instead of infra bombing being standard forcing people to this low infra people should actually use GA's/missiles and actually kill improvements. No one says you have to do 5 days straight of air strikes. 

• Upvote 4

You know whats funny about that? I was looking at the dudes they attacked and alot of have been active in the last 24 hours. But its whatever haha

Not really. A lot of people log in when they get the war email, hence all the truces. Most toss out some naval, missile or just take the peace. So getting people online more is sort of like a public service? :D

Edited by Warpool
  • Upvote 4

Perhaps instead of infra bombing being standard forcing people to this low infra people should actually use GA's/missiles and actually kill improvements. No one says you have to do 5 days straight of air strikes. 

While I love to nitpick at how you guys are going about it. I actually really like your point here.

Well, I know at least not to become inactive I suppose?

Edited by Hooves

While I love to nitpick at how you guys are going about it. I actually really like your point here.

Well, I know at least not to become inactive I suppose?

Maybe you should be nitpicking how someone with 10-13 cities, max air bases, and max aircraft at each of those bases ever actually runs into a target, active or inactive, that is able to run 5 days of air strikes against them.

d604936eaa5617d798cd9ece56c028f1.jpg

Maybe you should be nitpicking how someone with 10-13 cities, max air bases, and max aircraft at each of those bases ever actually runs into a target, active or inactive, that is able to run 5 days of air strikes against them.

d604936eaa5617d798cd9ece56c028f1.jpg

So my fault is because I do not like the infra bombing practice? Just because it's likely not going to happen to me a bad thing? See how I have (17 cities btw) and can easily sit on a nation and send them back even during the war I didn't? May make me a bad player but I am not a fan of the infra bombing tactic personally. Though against a handsome man such as yourself I could make an exception :)

• Upvote 1

I'm sure the thought of having their 300 infra cities bombed keeps them up at night

Edited by Fistandantilus

So my fault is because I do not like the infra bombing practice? Just because it's likely not going to happen to me a bad thing? See how I have (17 cities btw) and can easily sit on a nation and send them back even during the war I didn't? May make me a bad player but I am not a fan of the infra bombing tactic personally. Though against a handsome man such as yourself I could make an exception :)

I'd just nuke you.  Slower but much more effective than missiles.

Nahh, a good raider picks their targets carefully and the more one sided the fight the better.  But don't brag about how good you are at it or how merciful you are.  You're pressing the 'Easy' button.  As someone else said, a mechanics change and you're business model gets a whole lot less profitable.  Let's see where you are in a few months.

• Upvote 1