$yndicate Press Release: Contract Termination

Prefonteen

Biggest mistake of the war was ts dropping alpha and then disparaging them. Instead of a so-so ally(according to ts) you now have an enemy. Ts dropping alpha gets them no political advantage other than regaining their loss honor or whatever. Woo hoo so great.

2nd biggest mistake is ts-Mensa agreeing to white peace instead of paying reps. This one is more tricky to understand so I'll try to clarify. Paying reps usually means you lost the war. White peace means you tied. Obviously Mensa ts didn't lose the war but if they pretend to think they loss then the upn-ve-rose coalition would break up. These three are only united cause they think Mensa sucks and ts sucks Mensa. Mensa ts pretends to show remorse or good will then anti Mensa coalition disappears and everyone's happy. Instead everyone is now waiting to roll ts Mensa next war.

Tldr Mensa ts are butt hurt, don't know how to make friends, and are antagonizing others to form a coalition against them.

Let me get this straight: You are saying that:

- t$ should have allowed Alpha to betray them, feigned goodwill and moved to return the favor by virtue of a knife placed deftly in your back at a later date. You're right: We could have done this. But it would have served no grander purpose. It would have arguably alienated you more than this cancellation/break up has. Walking away from this treaty, I believe it more prudent to be in the knowledge that we treated you fairly even to date: You have not been harmed beyond a scolding for your actions. You have not been attacked and you have been shielded from heavy counters. If your leadership decides to make a permanent enemy out of us because they can't fathom the idea of an (now ex) ally being upset over their actions, then that is their prerogative.

- t$ should have paid reparations in a war that it could have stretched out and arguably won by virtue of middle tier game mechanics (utilizing updeclares to pull down remaining upper tier(s) one by one). More importantly, you believe t$ should have paid reparation to show 'remorse' in a war where it saw its ally attacked, where it was backstabbed, and where it found it, at least in t$' perspective, fought solely for the survival of its sphere. Your primary argument for us doing so was that 'paying reps would give ParaCovenant the perception that they had beaten us, and they would consequently break up'. That is a huge gamble and one where we put our faith in the hands of our opponents: What if they don't break up and swing at us again? What was the move good for then?

There is an overarching subversive element to your two statements: Both state that t$ made the mistake of not living up to the stigma it has been given with regards to supposed backstabbing and plotting. You are making a large miscalculation in your assessment of the manner in which The $yndicate operates. I would however note that your thinking is certainly in line with what I have seen from Alpha thusfar. It has been an enlightening few weeks.

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Biggest mistake of the war was ts dropping alpha and then disparaging them. Instead of a so-so ally(according to ts) you now have an enemy. Ts dropping alpha gets them no political advantage other than regaining their loss honor or whatever. Woo hoo so great.

2nd biggest mistake is ts-Mensa agreeing to white peace instead of paying reps. This one is more tricky to understand so I'll try to clarify. Paying reps usually means you lost the war. White peace means you tied. Obviously Mensa ts didn't lose the war but if they pretend to think they loss then the upn-ve-rose coalition would break up. These three are only united cause they think Mensa sucks and ts sucks Mensa. Mensa ts pretends to show remorse or good will then anti Mensa coalition disappears and everyone's happy. Instead everyone is now waiting to roll ts Mensa next war.

Tldr Mensa ts are butt hurt, don't know how to make friends, and are antagonizing others to form a coalition against them.

Let me get this straight: You are saying that:

- t$ should have allowed Alpha to betray them, feigned goodwill and moved to return the favor by virtue of a knife placed deftly in your back at a later date. You're right: We could have done this. But it would have served no grander purpose. It would have arguably alienated you more than this cancellation/break up has. Walking away from this treaty, I believe it more prudent to be in the knowledge that we treated you fairly even to date: You have not been harmed beyond a scolding for your actions. You have not been attacked and you have been shielded from heavy counters. If your leadership decides to make a permanent enemy out of us because they can't fathom the idea of an (now ex) ally being upset over their actions, then that is their prerogative.

- t$ should have paid reparations in a war that it could have stretched out and arguably won by virtue of middle tier game mechanics (utilizing updeclares to pull down remaining upper tier(s) one by one). More importantly, you believe t$ should have paid reparation to show 'remorse' in a war where it saw its ally attacked, where it was backstabbed, and where it found it, at least in t$' perspective, fought solely for the survival of its sphere. Your primary argument for us doing so was that 'paying reps would give ParaCovenant the perception that they had beaten us, and they would consequently break up'. That is a huge gamble and one where we put our faith in the hands of our opponents: What if they don't break up and swing at us again? What was the move good for then?

There is an overarching subversive element to your two statements: Both state that t$ made the mistake of not living up to the stigma it has been given with regards to supposed backstabbing and plotting. You are making a large miscalculation in your assessment of the manner in which The $yndicate operates. I would however note that your thinking is certainly in line with what I have seen from Alpha thusfar. It has been an enlightening few weeks.

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Episode 7: The Padawan awakens. Feel free to ask partisan and roy if I am lying.

I have already stated I don't have the logs and even if I did, I wouldn't post them publicly. I go back half a decade with the core of tS, I am not going to take a dump on strained friendships to gain brownie points.

Friendships? Mate, you burned those bridges already, trying to spare them now is more properly described as too little, too late :P

So, allow me to provide a bit more context to your claims about the status of our treaty with Mensa: Yes, there were people upset with Mensa (as you are well aware, as you were one of them), and yes, we confirmed that the status of that treaty could be reviewed post-war (as it was, along with every other treaty we hold - Alpha is the only cancellation that came out of that FA review, just by the by). Mensa was fully aware of that upcoming review (or at least their leadership was), and Mensa's diplomatic corps did a phenomenal job interacting with the membership, explaining what they've done, what mistakes they've made, what steps they've taken to correct them, etc etc. Wikileaks-type revelations, this ain't.

In general, we've made it a very big point of emphasis to maintain good communications with our allies, it's a lesson we learned way back during the Cynic leaks with VE, where the relationship basically became toxic because of lack of effective comms. Partisan and Impero went south, stopped talking, and there went the neighborhood. Therefore, when we have frustrations, we communicate them to our allies. When we may have doubts about a relationship, we communicate that to our allies. If one of our allies has doubts about a mutual ally, we talk with them frankly and try to reach the best resolution for both of our allies. The best resolution is not inherently "maintain that treaty tie", although obviously if that's at all feasible we want that to happen. So yeah, the idea of dropping Mensa has come up before, they're not unaware of this. They're also aware that we've not only kept the treaty, but deepened member-to-member interaction across the board, because as it turns out, we kind of love these guys (and not their pixels). :)

Any more month-old shit you want to try to use as a wedge issue before I go to bed?

Who ran away? I was invited to leave because I pretty much didn't feel like fighting a war for mensa's bs and stupidity. Stfu or gtfo was the message I received if I remember correctly. 

You got blown up on because you decided to take the stance that literally everything t$ gov did couldn't possibly be the right move, no matter what, even if you hadn't been told the details yet. In fact, the night in question we were trying to explain our plan for a counter should it be necessary, but instead of actually, you know, letting me even say the plan before shitting on it, you decided to spray verbal diarrhea all over the channel. No kidding you were politely but pointedly invited to leave. There is a point at which a continued association is not beneficial for either the individual or the alliance. It became abundantly clear to me that we had reached that point that night. 

• Upvote 5

And Charles ended up somewhere else where he's much happier, I presume, so it all worked out in the end.

Right?  :D

Oh, sorry, we're never going to get to 20 pages if I butt in and try to play peacemaker...

Ahem, carry on.  ^_^

• Upvote 1

And Charles ended up somewhere else where he's much happier, I presume, so it all worked out in the end.

Right?  :D

Oh, sorry, we're never going to get to 20 pages if I butt in and try to play peacemaker...

Ahem, carry on.  ^_^

I mean, that was, ultimately, the goal. Why he decided to wade into this thread to trot out that tired-ass argument about Mensa's raids against Vanguard that has been rehashed to death for a month is beyond me. 

Edited by Roy Mustang

did the snek permit you to produce this invitation? :o

Not at all, but if he's going to give me a lesson on "diplomacy" with some outrageous claim that he seen logs from Carter ( You know, a person who's obviously on the opposing side here; plus it's !@#$ Carter for crying out loud, christ ) about Mensa lieing to Syndicate; I'm going to call bullshit till he provides evidence to it.

I've been in good talks with both Mensa and Syndicate leadership.  Not once have I seen any doubt between the two alliances other than what was already announced here.  So right now I'm calling Charles' bluff.  He admittedly doesn't have the logs.  So why would I believe him when he's obviously on the opposing side now?

Plus, on a more questionable note, he doesn't want to 'strain' relations with Syndicate leadership.  The logs in question are, as stated by his posts here, entirely Mensa "lieing" by nature - whom he apparently doesn't care for.  The fact he doesn't want to reveal details or show proof of it tells me he is completely bullshitting here.  He also doesn't care for Syndicate and Mensa being allies anymore.  So why would he care all of a sudden?

The BS just stacks up.

The only lesson Charles has provided to me free here, that has been knowledgeable, is "what NOT to do" as Roy already kindly pointed out.

>claims he seen logs

>person questions it

>puts the burden of proof on the person questioning it

That's not how it works, Charles.  Could just, you know, get Carter to post it too - afterall, he showed you the logs, right?  I understand if he doesn't want to strain relationships with Syndicate too for a couple of brownie points as well.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

Friendships? Mate, you burned those bridges already, trying to spare them now is more properly described as too little, too late :P

So, allow me to provide a bit more context to your claims about the status of our treaty with Mensa: Yes, there were people upset with Mensa (as you are well aware, as you were one of them), and yes, we confirmed that the status of that treaty could be reviewed post-war (as it was, along with every other treaty we hold - Alpha is the only cancellation that came out of that FA review, just by the by). Mensa was fully aware of that upcoming review (or at least their leadership was), and Mensa's diplomatic corps did a phenomenal job interacting with the membership, explaining what they've done, what mistakes they've made, what steps they've taken to correct them, etc etc. Wikileaks-type revelations, this ain't.

In general, we've made it a very big point of emphasis to maintain good communications with our allies, it's a lesson we learned way back during the Cynic leaks with VE, where the relationship basically became toxic because of lack of effective comms. Partisan and Impero went south, stopped talking, and there went the neighborhood. Therefore, when we have frustrations, we communicate them to our allies. When we may have doubts about a relationship, we communicate that to our allies. If one of our allies has doubts about a mutual ally, we talk with them frankly and try to reach the best resolution for both of our allies. The best resolution is not inherently "maintain that treaty tie", although obviously if that's at all feasible we want that to happen. So yeah, the idea of dropping Mensa has come up before, they're not unaware of this. They're also aware that we've not only kept the treaty, but deepened member-to-member interaction across the board, because as it turns out, we kind of love these guys (and not their pixels). :)

Any more month-old shit you want to try to use as a wedge issue before I go to bed?

You got blown up on because you decided to take the stance that literally everything t$ gov did couldn't possibly be the right move, no matter what, even if you hadn't been told the details yet. In fact, the night in question we were trying to explain our plan for a counter should it be necessary, but instead of actually, you know, letting me even say the plan before shitting on it, you decided to spray verbal diarrhea all over the channel. No kidding you were politely but pointedly invited to leave. There is a point at which a continued association is not beneficial for either the individual or the alliance. It became abundantly clear to me that we had reached that point that night. 

Oh I dunno... I am still on speaking terms with most of you (you being the folks who mostly founded the AA along with a couple additions to the community). Heck, manny and I managed to have a conversation the other day without it becoming the diaf fest it was for awhile between us :P

And well yeah, I suppose thanks for confirming that I was correct in stating that there was a review of the mensa treaty. Looks like the issues which did exist prewar have been resolved by strenuous effort on mensa's behalf.

Untitled.png

Episode 7: The Padawan awakens. Feel free to ask partisan and roy if I am lying.

I have already stated I don't have the logs and even if I did, I wouldn't post them publicly. I go back half a decade with the core of tS, I am not going to take a dump on strained friendships to gain brownie points.

Who ran away? I was invited to leave because I pretty much didn't feel like fighting a war for mensa's bs and stupidity. Stfu or gtfo was the message I received if I remember correctly.

I actually didn't bring any drama, I responded to Pfeiff (that same Pfeiff who members of your own gov detest and wish could be replaced by someone else in Mensa) and you responded. I actually did't even mention tS at all out of respect. If you want to stay in a rage and drown in salt because I disagreed with gov's actions and left when invited to do so then by all means go ahead. I am not going to take a dump on my former alliance just to get brownie points in a d*ckwaving match with you though.

The last two replies to me have been you sucking up to former tS members.

The fact is, if you had any real arguments you wouldn't need to "take a dump" on your former alliance. It just seems like in your last two posts you're trying too hard to put on the persona of respectable player. Oh and no, the invitation of you leaving was Manny telling you to "!@#$ off". At no other point did anyone say you should leave. You on jumped on what Manny said.

So yes. You are a war deserter and traitor.

6XmKiC2.png

The last two replies to me have been you sucking up to former tS members.

The fact is, if you had any real arguments you wouldn't need to "take a dump" on your former alliance. It just seems like in your last two posts you're trying too hard to put on the persona of respectable player. Oh and no, the invitation of you leaving was Manny telling you to "!@#$ off". At no other point did anyone say you should leave. You on jumped on what Manny said.

So yes. You are a war deserter and traitor.

It was actually Roy who invited me to leave :) and like I mentioned to hodor, you simply weren't aware of the other relevant information. It isn't your fault for that matter either.

Me? Respectable ? Oh do behave Boony, at least buy me a drink first before bringing out the compliments.

Untitled.png

Stop responding to Charles as if he's a person of consequence. He isn't. I haven't even read half of these posts, you shouldn't either. Just post gifs to get to page 20 if you really want it that badly.

• Upvote 3

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

Stop responding to Charles as if he's a person of consequence. He isn't. I haven't even read half of these posts, you shouldn't either. Just post gifs to get to page 20 if you really want it that badly.

Funny that, I hear you aren't a person of consequence either. People prefer to just go around you and contact other gov officials in Mensa so they don't have to deal with you.

Able to confirm or should I contact one of the other Mensa gov officials instead? Please don't throw one of your well known tantrums either. Just repeating what I hear from your own allies.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant
  • Upvote 2

Untitled.png

It was actually Roy who invited me to leave :) and like I mentioned to hodor, you simply weren't aware of the other relevant information. It isn't your fault for that matter either.

Me? Respectable ? Oh do behave Boony, at least buy me a drink first before bringing out the compliments.

Roy did not invite you to leave. He said if you want to leave, he won't hold it against you. Reread the logs if ya don't have them. Only invitation to leave was from Manny via a "!@#$ off".

6XmKiC2.png

Funny that, I hear you aren't a person of consequence either. People prefer to just go around you and contact other gov officials in Mensa so they don't have to deal with you.

Able to confirm or should I contact one of the other Mensa gov officials instead? Please don't throw one of your well known tantrums either. Just repeating what I hear from your own allies.

Everyone knows Vanek26 is the go to man!

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

I'm the one who tells them to do so. Vanek is largely the same on good and bad days. I am not at all. So, during a war (or during that time of month), better to use him as a filter.

I am self aware enough to know that about myself.

• Upvote 3

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

tumblr_m1av7jpWoe1r6hxuw.gif

I will always remember that summer evening, the warm breeze on my face, the orange glow of the sunset from behind the scoreboard at the nationals stadium. I looked to my right and set my eyes upon two individuals, the far one - my aunt, Tim Armstrong, the remaining sunlight highlighting the blonde in her hair. The closer one was a human of beauty, I took a sip of the lemon ale he bestowed upon me and smirked. We made eye contact and he said one word to me, and it will always stick with me - "Hodor" he said. I shall never forget. 

KrzD6p.gif

Edited by Hodor
  • Upvote 1

Man. Critters would be so happy that the one single time I lost my cool on someone is now public record. :(

Charles is not a deserter. Roy invited him to leave, and he did. Given the way dialogue had been between him and gov, it was probably the sensible thing for both sides. I'm happy with about 10% of how he conducted himself in the leadup to leaving (and yeah, I made some mistakes there too), but he's absolutely not a coward.

• Upvote 4

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Man. Critters would be so happy that the one single time I lost my cool on someone is now public record. :(

Charles is not a deserter. Roy invited him to leave, and he did. Given the way dialogue had been between him and gov, it was probably the sensible thing for both sides. I'm happy with about 10% of how he conducted himself in the leadup to leaving (and yeah, I made some mistakes there too), but he's absolutely not a coward.

Roy gave him the option of leaving. He didn't invite him to leave.

6XmKiC2.png