Post-War Badass Scores

Dan77

Actually, on the whole thing about raiders, majority have been very active in wars too. I was #2 absolute damage done for tS-Mensa sphere back in the war against UPN and all i think. Same for Dan, he was somewhere near in the top 10 or 5. I've no statistics for this war but a large part of this increase for both me and Dan came in wars. 

Plus, during raiding it's mostly just soldiers kills and very very few tanks destroyed. Mostly raiding is done on people with very little to no military or inactive ones who do not have a military to start with so I wouldn't say raids drastically change everything. Most of the kills and all comes from raids gone bad which do turn into a war situation with counters flying and all, albeit not a major one.  Raiding certainly make some difference though. 

Probably #5 exactly but I'm unsure about Valakias and Gen De La Rey. It looks like the top 11 are raiders or have raided at one point in time though.

I think the real joke is you could have countered the 3 guys on you and instead of trying you just took a beating. So it's still funny you decomed them.

You are kidding me right?  I log in, and have 600 planes, i am not countering anything...  all I would be doing is suiciding them and letting you guys pick off my tanks with air.  I though you guys were smart about war things...  But i give credit to the BK guys, that opened my nation up for counter attack.  Good work by you guys!

You are kidding me right?  I log in, and have 600 planes, i am not countering anything...  all I would be doing is suiciding them and letting you guys pick off my tanks with air.  I though you guys were smart about war things...  But i give credit to the BK guys, that opened my nation up for counter attack.  Good work by you guys!

Considering most of your opponents had just under or around 1k Planes, establishing Ground Control could in fact put it on par with your 600ish Planes.  As the coordinator of VE's military, I'm surprised there were no members able to assist you in your battles.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ok please keep making up numbers.  If you think I didn't look at how I could counter and if i could actually win before I sold off my tanks, then i dont know what to tell you.  Also please discount the fact that I had hit 3 BK guys earlier in the day, and didn't have any rebuys that day.  But hey if it makes you feel better to continue to argue with me, please continue.

Actually, on the whole thing about raiders, majority have been very active in wars too. I was #2 absolute damage done for tS-Mensa sphere back in the war against UPN and all i think. Same for Dan, he was somewhere near in the top 10 or 5. I've no statistics for this war but a large part of this increase for both me and Dan came in wars. 

Plus, during raiding it's mostly just soldiers kills and very very few tanks destroyed. Mostly raiding is done on people with very little to no military or inactive ones who do not have a military to start with so I wouldn't say raids drastically change everything. Most of the kills and all comes from raids gone bad which do turn into a war situation with counters flying and all, albeit not a major one.  Raiding certainly make some difference though. 

I'd be interested to look over any data that anyone comes up with on this, but I suspect that you are understating the impact of raiding on the stats of the people who raid regularly. 

On SRD, I don't think he could have effectively countered. Dropping his stuff was a reasonable decision, if boring and a bit disappointing. The same isn't true for MoonPie or Samwise. Between the two of them, there were a few great counter opportunities missed and some strange tactical decisions. And the importance of having supplies on hand for your army to defend against attacks can't be overstated. 

On SRD, I don't think he could have effectively countered. Dropping his stuff was a reasonable decision, if boring and a bit disappointing. The same isn't true for MoonPie or Samwise. Between the two of them, there were a few great counter opportunities missed and some strange tactical decisions. And the importance of having supplies on hand for your army to defend against attacks can't be overstated. 

Hence planning ahead.  It was obvious our side was teaming up on targets to drag them down.  You don't drop down in score and declare on 3 targets without a plan intact.  That's just suicidal, and well...  we saw what happened.

That's just like my poor planning of declaring on 5 targets when the war started.  I could've easily been screwed over if even one Rose member had declared on me and knocked my forces down a tad for the others to get back up.  Fortunately I had someone nuke me and prevent that from happening.

• Downvote 1

Fortunately I had someone nuke me and prevent that from happening.

Dio bless you, Fark!

And can we not get on at SRD? VE might stick someone competent in charge next time if we keep nagging...

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Don't worry guys, I am already planning on retiring, I have been doing this for a few years now, and I just don't have the motivation like I used to. soooo you heard it here first!

Yeah, again, I give all the credit in the world to the BK guys that suicided into my airforce that left the door open for you guys to attack.  I was actually surprised it took you guys so long to start picking off our upper tier, Arggh gave you guys the blue print when they were pulling your guys down.

Don't worry guys, I am already planning on retiring, I have been doing this for a few years now, and I just don't have the motivation like I used to. soooo you heard it here first!

Yeah, again, I give all the credit in the world to the BK guys that suicided into my airforce that left the door open for you guys to attack.  I was actually surprised it took you guys so long to start picking off our upper tier, Arggh gave you guys the blue print when they were pulling your guys down.

We were waiting to be countered tbh. I *could* have done a blitz on your upper tier, but that would have lost a lot of planes and tanks that would have exposed us to a counter from another alliance. Which I guess in hindsight wasn't going to happen. But at the time CS for sure was unaccounted for.

Edited by Vanek26

Arrgh put it into practice at the bottom tier, and the innovation for them was that their nations were sort of "judgment proof." What we did to VE towards the end of this war is no different than what we did in the last couple of wars to VE and others. (If you wonder why we started late, look to the fact that we were defending in this war). tS, Guardian and others have also employed this tactic well. 

The same can't be said for VE, Rose or UPN. At some point the giant alliances will need to adopt the successful tactics innovated by their smaller peers. 

Edited by Avruch
  • Upvote 1

Plus, during raiding it's mostly just soldiers kills and very very few tanks destroyed. Mostly raiding is done on people with very little to no military or inactive ones who do not have a military to start with so I wouldn't say raids drastically change everything. Most of the kills and all comes from raids gone bad which do turn into a war situation with counters flying and all, albeit not a major one. Raiding certainly make some difference though.

Considering after the last war I was a long way ahead on tank kills (nearly double no. 2 I think) raiding definitely changed your stats. You massively leap flogged me on tanks killed before this war just from raiding.

T7Vrilp.png

If suiciding is an effective strategy, as you said, why wouldn't you have utilized your planes/tanks and suicided into an opponent to make it easier for another ally to hit them, as you imply was done to you?

• Upvote 2

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

^^^ Agree entirely with HR. I love it when opponents look at their own stats and think they could lose, so do nothing or decomm.

1 players sacrifice can very often mean the others get the upper hand instead of all of them going down. They can even potentially get the player who sacrificed back to gaining initiative.

Edited by Dan77

Considering after the last war I was a long way ahead on tank kills (nearly double no. 2 I think) raiding definitely changed your stats. You massively leap flogged me on tanks killed before this war just from raiding.

A large amount of the tank kills came in these past few weeks actually when I was involved in war. On top of that I've been involved in many wars lately. Just because they don't always turn into world wars does not make them any less of a war. 

^^^ Agree entirely with HR. I love it when opponents look at their own stats and think they could lose, so do nothing or decomm.

1 players sacrifice can very often mean the others get the upper hand instead of all of them going down. They can even potentially get the player who sacrificed back to gaining initiative.

But if I decomm, I can save my pixels!

☾☆

A large amount of the tank kills came in these past few weeks actually when I was involved in war. On top of that I've been involved in many wars lately. Just because they don't always turn into world wars does not make them any less of a war. 

Arrgh has had a few conflicts recently that rise to the level of "war", I'll give you that. But even those begin with raiding, where the odds are stacked by definition (no one raids targets they can't reliably beat). And it seems to me that your stats increase steadily even when there is no big war on (either globally, or with AAs trying to beat back Arrgh raiders).

I'm not saying stats from raiding are meaningless. I just think they are achieved in an environment very different from a major war, and it would be interesting to distinguish between them. An example of doing that would be calculating "bad ass scores" for specific wars, instead of a running total for all time. I'm not sure how something similar could be done in-game. 

But if I decomm, I can save my pixels!

or you know, i could decom, and wait a round, and come out reloaded and a lot leaner.   And saving my pixels?  I could have saved more of my pixels if I left them, and forced you guys to focus on blowing them up vs hitting my infra.  

But ultimately you guys are correct, I only have so much time, and I wasn't willing to go thru every single nation in 3-4 alliances to determine who could help me, I had other things to worry about than just my nation.  And lets be real here, the only way I really stop you guys is with a wide spread counter attack.  Sure I could send a few guys in to help my cause but to your credit, you would have just eaten them up too.

or you know, i could decom, and wait a round, and come out reloaded and a lot leaner.   And saving my pixels?  I could have saved more of my pixels if I left them, and forced you guys to focus on blowing them up vs hitting my infra.  

But ultimately you guys are correct, I only have so much time, and I wasn't willing to go thru every single nation in 3-4 alliances to determine who could help me, I had other things to worry about than just my nation.  And lets be real here, the only way I really stop you guys is with a wide spread counter attack.  Sure I could send a few guys in to help my cause but to your credit, you would have just eaten them up too.

Wait, so the guy in charge of VE's military is saying he can't organize 3 people for a counter attack?

This is rich.

• Upvote 1

☾☆