Alpha Announcement

Placentica

For Alpha's severe case of butthurt:

I think we are kinda having the time of our lives bro. But I know you guys seem a little bit upset.

Prefontaine, I think we both know the ghosting policy is just to prevent those who jump in to avoid triggering a declaration of war from Alpha or other treaty conflict issues.  I'm not going to allow that without post-war consequences.  Plain and simple.  SK hasn't changed membership in a long time and I don't expect it to grow all of a sudden, so there will be no issues with this policy.  Consider it a gift to would-be SK applicants that might join not realizing they were about to lose all their infra. :P.

So are you being serious or just trolling?  I treated you like you were actually serious.

I view this as Alpha's first war where we will see what they are made of. And it has started off with a fantastic blitz. Will be interesting to see if they can maintain it.

Best of luck to Alpha, and I hope everyone involved enjoys themselves.

• Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I view this as Alpha's first war where we will see what they are made of. And it has started off with a fantastic blitz. Will be interesting to see if they can maintain it.

Best of luck to Alpha, and I hope everyone involved enjoys themselves.

UPN wasn't a cake walk. I'd say this is war #2. Not really sure how to classify the disaster that was Roz Wei.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

I think we are kinda having the time of our lives bro. But I know you guys seem a little bit upset.

Prefontaine, I think we both know the ghosting policy is just to prevent those who jump in to avoid triggering a declaration of war from Alpha or other treaty conflict issues. I'm not going to allow that without post-war consequences. Plain and simple. SK hasn't changed membership in a long time and I don't expect it to grow all of a sudden, so there will be no issues with this policy. Consider it a gift to would-be SK applicants that might join not realizing they were about to lose all their infra. :P.

So are you being serious or just trolling? I treated you like you were actually serious.

Was being serious. You're just trying too hard to balance that tightrope of being allied to syndicate and rose. Your reason for the Rose treaty back then was to avoid rose ve upn and co from becoming allies, well at least part of it. With upn oAing into the war looks like the top three are gonna be allies now. That and I imagine TS will be more unhappy with you than Rose post war -- wandering a bit off topic now I suppose. My point is that you should honestly just choose a side now. The reasons for splitting spheres are gone. Politics will likely be polarized enough so that Rose and Syndicate will not be on the same side of a war for some time, barring some major landscape changes.

EDIT: never mind. You appear to have made your decision already: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11070-viridian-entente-declaration-of-war/?p=204042 wonder how long you'll let that syndicate treat dangle for, imagine as long as possible.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Was being serious. You're just trying too hard to balance that tightrope of being allied to syndicate and rose. Your reason for the Rose treat back then was to avoid rose ve upn and co from becoming allies, well at least part of it. With upn oAing into the war looks like the top three are gonna be allies now. That and I imagine TS will be more unhappy with you than Rose post war -- wandering a bit off topic now I suppose. My point is that you should honestly just choose a side now. The reasons for splitting spheres are gone politics will likely be polarized enough so that Rose and Syndicate will not be on the same side of a war for some time. Barring some major landscape changes.

It's a dream come true for the almighty profit Prefontaine! 

lulz Rozallia chill out, you made a bad decission, it's what it is, next time be wiser and all be happy yay

Bad decision? Well on purely paper perhaps, but there is more to it then simply paper. My anger on the matter has nothing to do with being smacked about a bit (do you think I was not prepared?) nor on Alpha declaring on us to begin with, simply other matters that they tried to justify themselves with (they didn't need it so like I said, adding unneeded spin), and are now even more hypocritical than they were previously.

UPN wasn't a cake walk. I'd say this is war #2. Not really sure how to classify the disaster that was Roz Wei.

Quite simple. You dog piled an outnumbered enemy whose upper tier (the only place you guys could hit) was already being beaten by VE. Of course I know this is just one of your poor trolling attempts so no biting sorry.

Quite simple. You dog piled an outnumbered enemy whose upper tier (the only place you guys could hit) was already being beaten by VE. Of course I know this is just one of your poor trolling attempts so no biting sorry.

Rekt. 

Was being serious. You're just trying too hard to balance that tightrope of being allied to syndicate and rose. Your reason for the Rose treaty back then was to avoid rose ve upn and co from becoming allies, well at least part of it. With upn oAing into the war looks like the top three are gonna be allies now. That and I imagine TS will be more unhappy with you than Rose post war -- wandering a bit off topic now I suppose. My point is that you should honestly just choose a side now. The reasons for splitting spheres are gone. Politics will likely be polarized enough so that Rose and Syndicate will not be on the same side of a war for some time, barring some major landscape changes.

EDIT: never mind. You appear to have made your decision already: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11070-viridian-entente-declaration-of-war/?p=204042 wonder how long you'll let that syndicate treat dangle for, imagine as long as possible.

This isn't true.  The Rose treaty was signed out of friendship, carried over from US temporarily, then as I decided I liked all of Rose, permanently.

I have always liked VE.  Always.  I loved seeing them come here and be the #1 alliance.  I like the stability they provide (contrast them with Mensa).  I don't like alliances that allow raiding on major alliances and then refuse to offer reps. I never wanted you, as leader, to make them enemies when we were both in Guardian.  I even posted about this on the Guardian boards.  VE does things like ghost DoW which I strongly believe is good for worlds like these.  Just the way they conduct themselves.  And I'm saying this given that fact that in other worlds we've been bitter enemies.  But you know what to expect with VE. They will live and die for their allies.

I do not recognize that I need to "pick a side".  I do not recognize that there needs to be sides - only allies.  It's that coalition thinking that lead us to SK declaring war on "our side".  Yes, this is a great war and yes I'm not blind to that, but it is still a game of member to member actions and then alliance to alliance.  I like the people on "our side" right now.  No one is playing puppetmaster believe it or not.  We are all working together as a team and that's the way it should be.

• Upvote 2

I do not recognize that I need to "pick a side".  I do not recognize that there needs to be sides - only allies.  It's that coalition thinking that lead us to SK declaring war on "our side".  Yes, this is a great war and yes I'm not blind to that, but it is still a game of member to member actions and then alliance to alliance.  I like the people on "our side" right now.  No one is playing puppetmaster believe it or not.  We are all working together as a team and that's the way it should be.

The twists and turns you got to make to try to hold on to your smug sanctimonious attitude. Nobody believes it mate, they can see right through you. By all means just declare on a random alliance to help the war effort if that is what you want to do, but don't try to lie about it. 

Doesn't know how to respond to valid criticism. Calls it butthurt instead.

Pretty common with them. 

I never wanted you, as leader, to make them enemies when we were both in Guardian.  I even posted about this on the Guardian boards.

I never made enemies of VE when I was in charge. Impero and I got along quite well. The phrase thing that was often said was "were the game larger we would likely be allies". You seem to be miss-remembering. 

This isn't true.  The Rose treaty was signed out of friendship, carried over from US temporarily, then as I decided I liked all of Rose, permanently.

When I'm on the correct computer I will share logs with you to refresh your memory.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

This is disappointing. Suddenly, I'm having a difficult time recalling why we over here at t$ thought signing a treaty with Alpha was a good idea in the first place.

Sounds like you have gotten far too used to your allies operating solely at your every whim, that you have forgotten that they may have their own interests and other allies to consider.

Edited by Saru
  • Upvote 5

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Sounds like you have gotten far too used to your allies operating solely at your every whim, that you have forgotten that they may have their own interests and other allies to consider.

That's completely baseless nonsense. Respecting the interests of our allies is one thing (a thing we do well and that I have complete understanding for), but when they take an active part in a conflict on the opposing side, you can hardly even refer to them as allies any more. One would think you'd be aware of that over in UPN, considering how BK has reacted to your recent declaration.

Edited by Big Brother

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

You, of all people.
  • Upvote 4

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

That's completely baseless nonsense. Respecting the interests of our allies is one thing (a thing we do well and that I have complete understanding for), but when they take an active part in a conflict on the opposing side, you can hardly even refer to them as allies any more. One would think you'd be aware of that over in UPN, considering how BK has reacted to your recent declaration.

What? Are you kidding? Your allies raided my allies friend, and then you attacked my allies and you are claiming this?  I know you have your viewpoint, but thats like the kettle calling the pot black.

This is disappointing. Suddenly, I'm having a difficult time recalling why we over here at t$ thought signing a treaty with Alpha was a good idea in the first place.

I wish you had said this to me when we were defending "your coalition" against UPN.  I would've promptly peaced out UPN and obliged you (thankfully you are not tS leadership).  You weren't saying these things last war.

The truth is it's you are attacking my ally.  Did I say anything publicly about it then on these forums?  You have short memory.  I know you don't speak for tS and I'm grateful for that.  You have a short memory and this only makes you look like an opportunistic person who views allies only in terms of how they help yourself only.

Edited by Placentica

What? Are you kidding? Your allies raided my allies friend, and then you attacked my allies and you are claiming this?  I know you have your viewpoint, but thats like the kettle calling the pot black.

Who the aggressor of this war is has been discussed to death and isn't something I'm interested in getting into. You'll probably say it was Mensa, and then I'll say it was Rose, and that'll pretty much be it. Different interpretations will lead to different opinions.

I wish you had said this to me when we were defending "your coalition" against UPN.  I would've promptly peaced out UPN.  You weren't saying these things last war.

You are attacking our ally.  Did I say anything publicly to you about it then?  You have short memory.  I know you don't speak for tS and I'm grateful for that.  You have a short memory and this only makes you look like an opportunistic person who views allies only in terms of how they help tS.

I few allies as friends and that's why I've stayed in contact with your leadership through this mess.

Apparently, circumstances change.

You say we're attacking your ally, we say we're defending our ally. I don't have a short memory and your characterization of me as a person is completely off point. I'm a staunch supporter of letting alliances do whatever they want, which is why when I learned of Mensa raiding Vanguard, I supported them because I believe they have every right to raid whomever they desire. Hell, we are in this war because we support their right to act according to their own interests. Allies should be mutual partners, cooperative and co-dependent, and no one alliance should be allowed to dictate the interests of any other alliance. If you really think that our allies have been forced to help us and have not done so out of their own choice, you're simply mistaken.

We are well known with the idea of other alliances trying to exert their influence over us here in the $yndicate. If you'll recall, we left Paragon exactly because we felt that certain members of our blocmate alliances were doing just that towards us. Do you honestly believe that after going through that ourselves, we would just turn around and do the same towards our own blocmates? No, because unlike so many other alliances in this game, we learn from our mistakes.

I see allies as friends too, but you attacked an ally that was actually fighting with us on our side. And the enemy of my friend, is my enemy.

Edited by Big Brother

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Who the aggressor of this war is has been discussed to death and isn't something I'm interested in getting into. You'll probably say it was Mensa, and then I'll say it was Rose, and that'll pretty much be it. Different interpretations will lead to different opinions.

Still doesn't change the fact that tS declared on Rose. 

Allies should be mutual partners, cooperative and co-dependent, and no one alliance should be allowed to dictate the interests of any other alliance. If you really think that our allies have been forced to help us and have not done so out of their own choice, you're simply mistaken.

Totally agree. Which is why we are doing this? 

We are well known with the idea of other alliances trying to exert their influence over us here in the $yndicate. If you'll recall, we left Paragon exactly because we felt that certain members of our blocmate alliances were doing just that towards us. Do you honestly believe that after going through that ourselves, we would just turn around and do the same towards our own blocmates? No, because unlike so many other alliances in this game, we learn from our mistakes.

Why does it seem so hard for you to understand that we are doing the same thing? Why should Alpha be expected to walk away from Rose? 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.