Same network

Spite

Hi 

Sorry if this has already been answered-

I recently had a same network notification when buying coal or iron or something from:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=15994

I know previously that an alliance mate of mine who happens to live in London (where I live) told me that he had the same network as me too.

How is this worked out? I have wifi at home of course, and last time I checked neither of these dudes lived with me in my one bed flat with my girlfriend... (checks cupboard)

I don't really connect to wifi normally when I'm out an about since I have unlimited 4G on my phone. I do very rarely, but even then it would be in a library or a cafe or something- I don't use it at work.

So I don't really understand how we could use the same network, unless it's to do with the phone connection, or (extremely unlikely) we happened to both have coffee and connect in the same Pret a Manger?

Could it be made so that one-off connections to the same networks don't count if that's the case? You have to connect to the same network more than 3 times or something?

Not that I desperately need to trade with these people but I don't want a huge list of people who supposedly are potentially my multis.

Kisses

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

I recently had a same network notification when buying coal or iron or something from:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=15994

More weird that the fact we show on the same network, is that as per what I read from your post(and pm), you had try to buy stuff from me,

and that shouldn´t be possible has I had embargo your AA, and is not the 1st time that the embargo was some how circumvent,

obviously I´m not saying it has intentional, maybe a bug? :)

P.s: I had just read this https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10325-trade-embargo-on-alliance/ kind of answer my question. :D

P.P.s: Please Sheepy if you may address Spite concernes would be awesome, as like Spites says, I don´t want to be 1 of his/her multis. :P 

Edited by MIB.HG

Right, and even if you did, what are the odds it would be someone you wanted to trade with, etc.?
kek

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The odds remain pretty slim.  But there is a point here. I did have dinner with another player last week, I assume that if we had both used the restaurant's wifi we would never be able to trade again.  That being said I have been in about 12 major airports and some regional ones this year already.  I frequently use wifi in airports so given enough time others may very well use the same ones eventually.  However, this has yet to occur.

-signature removed for rules violation-

The odds remain pretty slim.  But there is a point here. I did have dinner with another player last week, I assume that if we had both used the restaurant's wifi we would never be able to trade again.  That being said I have been in about 12 major airports and some regional ones this year already.  I frequently use wifi in airports so given enough time others may very well use the same ones eventually.  However, this has yet to occur.

I mean, if anyone goes to one of those airports and uses the wifi even once you're kinda screwed.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I've also been to a shitload of airports. Heathrow alone has 70m or so visitors a year, I think statistically there are going to be times when we cross paths with other players.

What's worrying is that I really don't know when I could have crossed paths with other players but I know of at least 2 who have been flagged on the same network. One of them at least lives in the same city as me, but MIB.HG doesn't.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

I mean, if anyone goes to one of those airports and uses the wifi even once you're kinda screwed.

Well, that means that I cannot trade with one dude.  Hardly game ending kinda screwed - but possibly marginally annoyed.

-signature removed for rules violation-

So you're saying if anyone in PnW has visited Edmonton International Airport or Toronto Pearson International Airport and used the Wi-Fi there I wouldn't be able to trade with them?

Uhoh...looks like it's time for Sheepy to design a new anti-cheating system, or encourage people NOT to play PnW @ airports public places, etc

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Uhoh...looks like it's time for Sheepy to ... encourage people NOT to play PnW @ airports public places, etc

unthinkable

i think i've met like like a total of twenty people between (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and PW who i didn't consider mentally broken

No, the point of this game is to control your life by forcing you take things on the internet seriously before your inevitable demise at the hands of someone who doesn't want you to have fun. Also, fake religions or something.

i think i've met like like a total of twenty people between (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and PW who i didn't consider mentally broken