Seeking Consultants - Upgrading the Forums to IPB4

Alex

• Administrators

Hey, so the title pretty much sums it up. I'd really like to move the forums from IPB3 to IPB4, but I'd love to chat with someone who knows a lot about IPB4 so I have an idea of what to expect, and the proper way to upgrade. I'm sure there's alliances out there using IPB4, so if you know a good amount about it (and especially the upgrading process) please let me know. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Don't use IPS4. I upgraded BK's forums to them and they lack a ton of features and they have to constantly update them due to security exploits. I also saw a fairly significant increase of CPU and memory usage for doing almost nothing different.

I'd give it another six months to a year before IPS4 is as good as IPS3. It's just not worth it at the moment.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Don't use IPS4. I upgraded BK's forums to them and they lack a ton of features and they have to constantly update them due to security exploits. I also saw a fairly significant increase of CPU and memory usage for doing almost nothing different.

I'd give it another six months to a year before IPS4 is as good as IPS3. It's just not worth it at the moment.

mighty vietnam have banned ipb 4 on countries servers. government use ipb 3 in vietnamese

Upgrading the ISP may speed up the forums slightly but at the cost of Cyber attacks and god knows what. Sheepy keep ISP 3 until summer

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason