City/Housing Types

Andrezj Kolarov

So my idea is that when you build a new City, you choose what type of material the houses will be built out of:

Wooden Houses (Cheap Cost of Infrastructure, Increased damage to Infrastructure from attacks in War)

Brick Houses (Moderate Cost of Infrastructure, Moderate damage to Infrastructure from attacks in War)

Concrete Houses (Expensive Cost of Infrastructure, Reduced damage to Infrastructure from attacks in War)

I'm not sure about the specifics, I'm just putting the idea out here for discussion. Of course the cost/damage modifiers would only apply to each city individually, so the cost of infra would only be reduced in Wooden cities, and so on. It would be possible to have 2 wooden cities, 4 brick, 2 concrete, or whatever you like. I'm guessing that it would not be possible to change the material type in the a city once it was founded, it would be permanent, or perhaps you could change a city's resource type but it would be extremely expensive and would convert all infra in the city to the new material type.

Edited by Itani Corsus

It's nice and all, but how can we do such an improvement if there's no such resources as wood, brick and concrete in the game?

It's assumed for gameplay purposes that all nations have access to these resources, but cities/infra would still only cost money. I'm not advocating creating 3 more resource types as that would be too complex.

Edited by Itani Corsus
  • Upvote 1

It's assumed that all nations have access to these resources, but cities/infra would still only cost money.

Regarding cities with high infra with populations over 300k, how can one know how many houses his city has? Are we supposed to build houses as improvements or as an already made part of infra?

9anTOCI.jpg?3

No no, the idea is just static buffs. So when you create a new City, you choose whether it will be Wooden, Brick or Concrete. Infra in a Wooden city would cost say 15% less, but in war if that city is hit by say Aircraft it would take 15% more damage to infra (for example). It's assumed for "lore" purposes that "Infrastructure" includes houses.

Edited by Itani Corsus

No no, the idea is just static buffs. So when you create a new City, you choose whether it will be Wooden, Brick or Concrete. Infra in a Wooden city would cost say 15% less, but in war if that city is hit by say Aircraft it would take 15% more damage to infra (for example). It's assumed for "lore" purposes that "Infrastructure" includes houses.

What about our current cities? Would we need to check our entire nation's just to choose a static buff for each? It's not like enemies can choose which city to attack, as it does automatically and randomly.

9anTOCI.jpg?3

I'm guessing it would default all current cities as Brick (as that would be the same as current infra), but each player would be given the opportunity to change each of their cities once, free of charge. All future cities though you would choose the material type when you create them,

Edited by Itani Corsus

• Administrators

It's an interesting thought. It could probably be a perk with tiers, like:

"Reinforced Infrastructure: Takes 1% less infrastructure damage in war for each point you spend in this perk"

And that would solve some of the complexity issues.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

"Reinforced Infrastructure: Takes 1% less infrastructure damage in war for each point you spend in this perk"

Ahh, I didn't know about these Perks I assume you mean these?

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9945-perks/

Sounds good, though "Reinforced Concrete" sounds a bit better.