A message from the Syndicate

Prefonteen

>Arrgh member loans money to TLF

>Arrgh is later attacked

>Arrgh requests stuff back

>TLF returns it instead of stealing it since it is a loan and isn't actually theirs

>Mensa and co get pissy and TS demands a shitton of money and resources

>TS proceeds to lie to allies when they find out about TS's extortion and claims it was solely because TLF wanted to assist Arrgh in the war and not that the money was actually Arrghs' in the first place

>Tries to cover it up

>Still play's "Moralist' card

>Mensa member Shitposts 

Nothing to see here people, move along

Call it extortion all you want, TLF's complete and utter failure to read the political situation regarding sending the money back to Arrgh led them to the result of them needing to pay reps. I don't give two steaming craps whether it was a loan being repaid, or what. The fact is, TLF sent funds to Arrgh that Arrgh did not have at the beginning of hostilities. I see that as aiding my ally's enemy, and we responded appropriately. TLF very well could have told Arrgh "Hey, we're happy to pay you back post-war, with interest even, but this is kind of an act of war against the people rolling you."

There wasn't anyone holding them at gunpoint forcing them to send the money right that instant. They misread the political situation, and paid for it. That's how politics works, metro.

• Upvote 2

nP007kf.gif

We're coming for you, Rose.

(From left to right, Roz Wei, the Syndicate, Seven Kingdoms, and Guardian.)

• Upvote 3

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

nP007kf.gif

We're coming for you, Rose.

(From left to right, Roz Wei, the Syndicate, Seven Kingdoms, and Guardian.)

Is this a confirmation you're attacking Mensa?

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Call it extortion all you want, TLF's complete and utter failure to read the political situation regarding sending the money back to Arrgh led them to the result of them needing to pay reps. I don't give two steaming craps whether it was a loan being repaid, or what. The fact is, TLF sent funds to Arrgh that Arrgh did not have at the beginning of hostilities. I see that as aiding my ally's enemy, and we responded appropriately. TLF very well could have told Arrgh "Hey, we're happy to pay you back post-war, with interest even, but this is kind of an act of war against the people rolling you."

There wasn't anyone holding them at gunpoint forcing them to send the money right that instant. They misread the political situation, and paid for it. That's how politics works, metro.

It was a personal loan- not an alliance one. It was merely a poor choice that led to the money being sent back through the bank

• Upvote 1

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

It was a personal loan- not an alliance one. It was merely a poor choice that led to the money being sent back through the bank

If Erdogan (Turkish Prime Minister) sent $150Million to ISIS through a national account, then when called out, admitted that it was merely meant to be a personal loan -- what do you think would happen MrBooty?

Do you think that Putin & Obama would simply say,"oh yes totally understandable, our mistake. Carry on." Or do you believe that it just --might-- strain tensions?

• Upvote 3

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Guardian and SK as well.  Plus those tied to Syndicate.

Well hell, this entire side of the Treaty Web has been great at reaction and support.

Response time of Rose in defense of Vanguard: 168 days

Response time of Syndicate in defense of Mensa: Around 1 minute

While just about any ally would be better than Rose, Syndicate is a god tier ally.

Seems like Rose got some back up but Light Federation, VE, Charming Friends. 

Edited by PyroStat

Then your gov member's poor choice screwed you over.

As I've said, and maintained since this whole situation began: It is money that Arrgh did not have at the beginning of the conflict, that was sent to them via the TLF bank, which will almost certainly be used to blow my ally up. And I'm not okay with that. 

The specifics around how the money came to be with a member of TLF is not my concern.

• Upvote 1

Then your gov member's poor choice screwed you over.

As I've said, and maintained since this whole situation began: It is money that Arrgh did not have at the beginning of the conflict, that was sent to them via the TLF bank, which will almost certainly be used to blow my ally up. And I'm not okay with that. 

The specifics around how the money came to be with a member of TLF is not my concern.

Except they did, considering he sent it on the 16th, and it was returned on the 21st

dpluao815a3.png

Except they did, considering he sent it on the 16th, and it was returned on the 21st

I'm not familiar with the specific timeline of when the loan was sent, but the 16th is when Arrgh was declared on, so they could have fairly easily sent it prior to declaration. (In fact, since they were declared on relatively late in the day, it's actually more likely).

If they had the money when they got hit, then you're pretty much openly admitting to being their bag man and getting caught. Which is... are you trying to argue that's better? Because I'm pretty sure it's not (and I'm pretty sure being DEIC's bag man almost got BoC rolled a second time last war).

I'm not familiar with the specific timeline of when the loan was sent, but the 16th is when Arrgh was declared on, so they could have fairly easily sent it prior to declaration. (In fact, since they were declared on relatively late in the day, it's actually more likely).

If they had the money when they got hit, then you're pretty much openly admitting to being their bag man and getting caught. Which is... are you trying to argue that's better? Because I'm pretty sure it's not (and I'm pretty sure being DEIC's bag man almost got BoC rolled a second time last war).

It was before the war was declared, jacob h sent his stockpile through arrgh's bank and then I sent it back 5 days later. So he had the resources at the beginning of the war, not like we were aiding arrgh the alliance, or even Jacob H himself considering it was his in the first place.

dpluao815a3.png

Cool.

I can see VE, but do you really want to rely on TLF and Charming Friends?

That's just mean man, I thought we were friends?

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg