Fark DoW: Scholarship Edition

Birdeye

So what did happen? Enlighten us.

It looked a lot to me like Vanguard pointlessly escalated a comparatively small raid into a losing war. Edited by Wilhelm the Demented
  • Upvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

>Vanguard gets pissy and asks Mensa to back off or they will declare war. (Leadership had no issue with Vanguard and was open to helping them out in whatever way)

>Mensa leadership !@#$ at their members and tells them to close their wars by Thursday (21st)

>All wars between Mensa and Vanguard are closed by the end of the 21st

>23rd Vanguard declares war on Mensa

Can you please share logs that show this happened? Whether on here or feel free to query me on irc and share. 

I'm particularly looking for logs where Vangard said we would declare war if you didn't stop, logs where Mensa was open to helping us out in whatever way, and where Vanguard was made aware of the fact that Mensa told all of their members to close out their wars with Vanguard? 

I don't have any logs where we told you we would declare war or where you offered to help, and no one ever came to us and said, "hey vanguard, mensa gov told mensa members to close their wars, sorry for what happened"

Mind you, I do have this; 

Pfeiffer> I told them to chill once I saw how many were doing it

But this was from Jan 18th, we were never told you guys told everyone to stop declaring on us.

In fact, from that converation with Pfieffer, I got this: 

Pfeiffer> you're free to retaliate, obviously

<Pfeiffer> simple fact is that, despite my not having a problem with you guys, you're not in a position where it would be incumbent upon me to prevent them raiding

These logs from Pfieffer do not offer us help, or tell us that Mensa told it's members to stop, in fact he literally says, "idc why would i tell them to stop," at least that's how i read it. 

Edited by MrHat

Before I start, everyone should know who Pfeiffer is and if you want to solve any issues with us it is most likely best to contact another member of our leadership instead.

Well I guess he didn't bother to tell you about http://prntscr.com/9z2dkg(posted the day after the convo you posted)

I'm very sorry that there was a lapse in communication but we had assumed he would possibly say something (that's a &#33;@#&#036; up from us we'll admit it). Anyway if you want to check in game you can see if any vanguard raids lasted longer than 21st of January. They should all still be there and I'd assume your members or someone would notice a lot of your wars being closed on or by one day.

Either way we still await a peaceful conclusion to the Mensa-Vanguard war. We don't hold any ill will towards your alliance and we have already admitted we &#33;@#&#036;ed up a little bit on our part and our leadership has been in talks on how to avoid a similar situation like this one from happening in the future.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Before I start, everyone should know who Pfeiffer is and if you want to solve any issues with us it is most likely best to contact another member of our leadership instead.

Well I guess he didn't bother to tell you about http://prntscr.com/9z2dkg(posted the day after the convo you posted)

I'm very sorry that there was a lapse in communication but we had assumed he would possibly say something (that's a !@#$ up from us we'll admit it). Anyway if you want to check in game you can see if any vanguard raids lasted longer than 21st of January. They should all still be there and I'd assume your members or someone would notice a lot of your wars being closed on or by one day.

Either way we still await a peaceful conclusion to the Mensa-Vanguard war. We don't hold any ill will towards your alliance and we have already admitted we !@#$ed up a little bit on our part and our leadership has been in talks on how to avoid a similar situation like this one from happening in the future.

Thanks, I appreciate the explanation. 

Unfortunately we weren't made aware of any posts or internal Mensa communication. I do see that the Vanguard raids ended on the 21st - to be honest, our assumption was that the raids only stopped because we literally only had 3-4 people who weren't beiged, and so new raids couldn't be launched.  Our assumption was that if we didn't arm up and do something, that as soon as we all came out of beige the raids were continued due to the lapse in communication, which lead to us being where we are!  

my poor infra

Thanks, I appreciate the explanation. 

Unfortunately we weren't made aware of any posts or internal Mensa communication. I do see that the Vanguard raids ended on the 21st - to be honest, our assumption was that the raids only stopped because we literally only had 3-4 people who weren't beiged, and so new raids couldn't be launched.  Our assumption was that if we didn't arm up and do something, that as soon as we all came out of beige the raids were continued due to the lapse in communication, which lead to us being where we are!  

my poor infra

So how about we sit down with the lot of us and uhh, deescalate this matter? t$ is still open to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif