Changing the Score Formula

Alex

Under the new system, having cities is bad, having military is bad, the optimal build is one city with like 5k infra.

It's like Princess Bubblegum saw this coming

Edited by Ogaden
  • Upvote 2
tvPWtuA.gif

I've long been of the opinion, both publicly and in the CDG, that improvements should have been given significant score values...simply making military count for so much that it's pants on head retarded was not the solution.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

Sheepy, I have a serious question for you.

Do you have a test account where you actually *play the game* on the DL (in an alliance, participate in wars, etc.)? If not, I think it would be worth looking into. Relying on the forums/test server would give you skewed results from the reality of how the game is played.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Sheepy, I have a serious question for you.

Do you have a test account where you actually *play the game* on the DL (in an alliance, participate in wars, etc.)? If not, I think it would be worth looking into. Relying on the forums/test server would give you skewed results from the reality of how the game is played.

be careful what you wish for

if sheepy joined arrgh and saw how much fun they had he might start making even more sweeping changes to the game but in the opposite direction of this

in seriousness, though, this would probably create a conflict of interests. not to mention he already probably has enough shit to do. i would be surprised to find out he was doing this, honestly, and could you imagine if we ended up finding out?

• Upvote 1

In seriousness, though, this would probably create a conflict of interests. not to mention he already probably has enough shit to do. i would be surprised to find out he was doing this, honestly, and could you imagine if we ended up finding out?

Aside from shitposting on these forums, playing this game probably takes less than 10 minutes per day for me.

It wouldn't be a conflict of interests because he wouldn't be emotionally-invested in any particular alliance. Meanwhile, relying on those who *do* have a conflict of interests (Arrgh/TEST/MENSA/etc) gives a warped view of the game.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Aside from shitposting on these forums, playing this game probably takes less than 10 minutes per day for me.

It wouldn't be a conflict of interests because he wouldn't be emotionally-invested in any particular alliance. Meanwhile, relying on those who *do* have a conflict of interests (Arrgh/TEST/MENSA/etc) gives a warped view of the game.

but to actually get anything out of doing it he'd probably have to be active and actually, like, learn how to play from our perspective in an alliance

not that he doesn't know how already but the entire point would be, ostensibly, to gather information about how we play and use it

so basically you're already starting with the proposition of the game developer being an active member of an alliance where very few have over 100 people, making them stronger

now he's actually doing shit so he's doing gov work, and since he's probably not gonna stay around people he hates, he's gonna be somewhere where he's actually gonna give a shit what happens

so now we find out that after two years, sheepy has been in a major alliance seeing things from their perspective, taking all sorts of money from them for various things, fighting in their wars, helping them out, eventually making it into their upper middle tier and making a real difference, and now we all find out that it was actually him because he forgets to use tor one day or accidentally lets it slip on irc

the truth always comes out sooner or later and by designing the mechanics himself, testing, etc. he really doesn't do that bad a job with tweaking things here and there. which probably sounds very contradictory coming from me of all people, but while i see where you're coming from, i really think the benefit isn't worth it, especially when you consider that everything i just mentioned takes time that could be spent on going to school or making the game better from a game developer standpoint

besides, he knows what he's doing. like yeah the stuff recently is ridiculous, but it isn't like he's this tiny little baby sheep completely incapable of forming his own opinions about things and seeing through the lies of the people around him. which vastly, again, limits the potential benefits of this, while the drawbacks stay the same.

Edited by Hereno

there's worse things in the world than being wrong, you know

unless you're actually just that much of a !@#$, in which case lol

What are you talking about?

☾☆

High Priest of Dio