Financial crisis event in PnW

Mutsuo Toi

The game is already shitty enough. No need to add stupid bullshit to make it worse.

Posts like this will not be tolerated. There's absolutely no need to be offensive towards a suggestion.

• Upvote 2

There's absolutely no infomation on how this would work and what your idea is OP, so how is Sheepy supposed to know what you want him to do here?

I believe he means some sort of financial crisis to occur as an "event" Orbis-wide. As far as how and what the repercussions would be, idk.

• Upvote 1

Shut up.

Great way to add to a game discussion.

I for one think that an event system would be great and a way to tie the community together, to work together could be created so that we all -either nations or alliances - have to contribute to solve the event/crisis.

• Upvote 2

There's absolutely no infomation on how this would work and what your idea is OP

HoXN7T6.png?1   MLqvJgD.jpg?2   SQxysgk.gif?2      7kDNYqf.jpg?2

Basically everything happened in this event is all about financial crisis in real life (pic related), and yes... it's gonna be difficult to play. There's a way to survive this, and you're probably gonna figured it out by yourself. You can't say fun without difficulty, could you?

so how is Sheepy supposed to know what you want him to do here?

Until Sheepy reply to this thread, I'll explain to him more... 

....And it has to be private btw..

Edited by lizard noob

I don't understand why anyone would want this kind of thing. How is it fun to log into your nation one day and just randomly have something terrible/cheap happen which does nothing but make your nation make less money. What does it accomplish except piss off the player with an event they have no control over and no way to counter or ameliorate? As a new player honestly this kinda thing would just make me dislike the game. I mean at least with war you can fight back, what can you do against this kind of stuff?

It's like that Even suggestion thread I was reading (https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8773-event-suggestion-thread/), basically everything in that thread is terrible and the only thing it would accomplish is to make players hate and/or leave the game.

Events that are mostly good, with perhaps a negative event which is extremely rare, OK, otherwise it's just a bad idea.

Edited by Itani Corsus

I don't understand why anyone would want this kind of thing. How is it fun to log into your nation one day and just randomly have something terrible/cheap happen which does nothing but make your nation make less money. What does it accomplish except piss off the player with an event they have no control over and no way to counter or ameliorate? 

The reason why these people want this thing is just for fun. In fact they haven't fought a real battle in this moment.

Edited by lizard noob

The request is WHY, why is this event happening? If you have infra destroyed in a war then there was a REASON, you lost infra because you were bombed, you lost a battle, and in that case you can counter/ameliorate the effects by building up your own military forces. Why does an event happen, besides you getting on the wrong side of the game's RNG?

Also, I might be wrong but economic crisis could happen without it being scripted, for example a player might get in a position where they had no food and the people starved, or didn't have resources to power their power plants. At least in those situations the "crisis" was the result of the error of the player, and it can be fixed by the player.

How is it FUN (games are supposed to be fun, yes?) to just get an event that says "TODAY A HURRICANE APPEARED IN YOUR NATION, IT WREAKED HAVOC AND DESTROYED 500 INFRA, SUCKS TO BE YOU BRO, LOL"? What is the point?

• Upvote 1

What is the point?

For fun, Like I said. 

If you want more reason. Mad Max just said it all.

a player might get in a position where they had no food and the people starved, or didn't have resources to power their power plants.

Come on.... in the financial crisis, everything is free and cheap.

And if you want some more details, why not googled "How to survived financial crisis?"

Oh don't worry, let me do that for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+survived+financial+crisis%3F

Edited by lizard noob

The market prices fluctuate but not enough.

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

The reason why these people want this thing is just for fun. In fact they haven't fought a real battle in this moment.

If you want to fight a battle, there's a huge war going on right now, if you'd like to join it. I heard that Roz Wei is being attacked.