An explorer's journal

Licorice

Dear journal,

Today, I will embark on a great journey to visit each and every single alliance headquarters to be situated in Orbis. Despite their locations being publicly known to most Orbisian, none of us - saves the world leaders appearently - have a general understanding of what those buildings even look like ... or the people which resides in them.

Through this journey, I will also cover the cultures of those people, in hope of adding more knowledge for those that may in need of them. If I survive that is.

In two hours, I will depart northward to the land of snow and dragons, in search of my first destination

May the Sheep God guide my way to salvation,

Pan the explorer.

----------

tl:dr kinda like Mad Max's thing only with pictures and no alliance-hopping. Lemme see if I will ever finish this :P

Now to see how the hell am I suppose to write about BoC...

The Mensa Sucks bit may have actually happened on our forum.

Great FA skills Josh. 

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

meh, im telling the truth. That member left anyway so who cares.

Uh, LOL?

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Next one on the list: Arrgh cuz they're easy to write af, after that is $yndi since these two literally share the same island.

No idea for the 4th and beyond though....... :I

-------

btw, on a scale of 1 to 10, how crappy does that moutain/glacier look?

Edited by Talerong

Next one on the list: Arrgh cuz they're easy to write af, after that is $yndi since these two literally share the same island.

No idea for the 4th and beyond though....... :I

-------

If I were scrolling down quickly and got a very short glance, I might mistake the ice wall for a wave. But even that's pushing it for criticism, it's not bad at all. :P Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

I liked the ice wall.

As for the mensa stuff, yeah, since none of their kind ever visit, it just accumulated spam.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

First, I want to say that the artwork itself is superb, and it's obvious a lot of work has gone into it. Your post is far better with that image than without it. I hope to see more from you, and I doubt I could do anything of that quality. It's great that you want to improve, but I'd say that the image is acceptable as-is.

If it's feedback that you want, I think that it's the colors that are what make it look like water, more than anything. There's a definite blue to a lot of glaciers, but the base is more white than you have it. At night, it's likely the glacier will look more white than the surrounding landscape. Perhaps the white and blue could've been inverted, with the white made a darker shade to reflect night time.

Also, the choice to have a concave cliff makes the door a little less imposing. This is because concave cliffs, in general, look less stable (because they are), and tend to loom over things underneath them. That makes anything underneath them look smaller and more secretive. This might be what you were going for, given the night motif, but the door itself seems to be trying to burst out from underneath the cliff. A convex cliff would've suited the door's might a lot better.

Please note that the above does not mean that I am dissatisfied with the image. On the contrary, I enjoyed looking at it. It's merely a discussion of potential changes, since you seem unhappy with it.

Edited by Mike Haggar