Taxes anybody?

Chuck Rees

Like maybe I want my nation's taxes to be low, but a communist nation would want their nation's taxes to reflect the communism. Idk probably sound like a dumbass as per usual. :P

Your government policies determine what kind of government you are and thus determine the tax levels. If your policies are more communist then I'm sure taxes will be higher.

Why?

If someone is going into the policies page with the sole intent of only changing their tax, and their tax (and other policies) have no effect on their actual in-game economy, why obfuscate tax rate behind general questions?

I am allowed to set specific numbers for every other aspect of my nation. Example:

1tnxrwr.png

It's an inconsistent and heavy handed approach as compared to the rest of the game

• Upvote 1

I'm against this, as such a large change in something so fundamental to the working of the game, will most likely mean massive changes in game mechanics. If the game had just come out, I could support this, but at the present time, it's just going to annoy people who have worked out how to build under the current mechanics, as guides, plans and strategies could become obsolete.

The current aesthetic system works as it is, leave it.

I'm against this, as such a large change in something so fundamental to the working of the game, will most likely mean massive changes in game mechanics. If the game had just come out, I could support this, but at the present time, it's just going to annoy people who have worked out how to build under the current mechanics, as guides, plans and strategies could become obsolete.

The current aesthetic system works as it is, leave it.

You're wrong, tax rate doesn't have any effect on the game, it's not fundamental at all. This is what the wiki says about it

The tax rate of a nation is determined by its social and economic policies, but is used in such a way that it cancels itself out. The tax rate affects a city's average income and a nation's total revenue, but cancels itself out since the average income is divided by the tax rate whereas the total revenue is multiplied by the tax rate. As a result, the value that a nation's tax rate takes has no effect on the nation's revenue.

Totally pointless stuff, we should totally do it.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

• Wiki Mod

I can think of a great many things sheepy's time is better spent on. Also from what I understand tax rate & average income are inversely related so their effect is null but they are included in the income formula & that would have to be changed as well.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

I mean, taxes don't really matter in the end anyways. So why?

if you're argument is to cut out things that don't effect score in the end, why not get rid of the factbook as well?

the factbook was added to give players greater customization over their nation. taxes that could be custom set (remember SimCity  :D ) continue in that spirit.

Yeah the average income is related to tax rate, but then it cancels out so you get (1+ [commerce/50])(725/1000) per citizen (they should put the factorised form on the wiki). So it's purely cosmetic and thus could be removed from the revenue page and just added to the factbook.

As you sow, so shall you reap

Who even cares? The only thing I ever look at on your nation pages is your army count and score. Do people actually read fact books?

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

• Wiki Mod

if you're argument is to cut out things that don't effect score in the end, why not get rid of the factbook as well?

I have zero issue with the fact book being axed. I still feel it was a waste of dev time even more then this is.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid