[rejected] personal withdrawal from conflict

Kortanul

Don't know the situation, but to anyone looking at just the stuff in game it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture and some may not exactly have kind words. All round seems an odd thing to post on here.

• Upvote 1

Don't know the situation, but to anyone looking at just the stuff in game it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture and some may not exactly have kind words. All round seems an odd thing to post on here.

This is simply the result of a low score relatively new player disinterested in and realistically unable to participate in the current war to any measurable effect wanting removed from the conflict.

​Discussion with Jacob led to this statement of withdrawal so as to have public record of it. I believe that when open warfare is not the best option--in my case it certainly isn't--diplomacy is worth pursuing.

Perhaps the playerbase here views things differently and plays differently, but I don't believe war is all there is to the world and at this time I feel that committing myself to a period of demilitarization makes more sense than continued needless bombardment. As stated in the OP, I speak only for myself and not TS or Mensa or any other group. This is a game and one I intend to enjoy accordingly.

Edited by Kortanul

Its interesting the reasons you gave me for leaving Mensa where actually quite different then your reasons to me.

Arrgh will not be accepting this withdrawal, Also to any other coward Mensa nations who think you can run away from this, Think again. Your alliance started a bad war. We're going to end it. I want you to understand that my message stated I needed to speak to gov't to make this work. 

We will be continuing attacks. 

Also new city buys are not a valid reason to leave a war :v

Its interesting the reasons you gave me for leaving Mensa where actually quite different then your reasons to me.

Arrgh will not be accepting this withdrawal, Also to any other coward Mensa nations who think you can run away from this, Think again. Your alliance started a bad war. We're going to end it. I want you to understand that my message stated I needed to speak to gov't to make this work.

We will be continuing attacks.

Also new city buys are not a valid reason to leave a war :v

I find this strange considering that I was quite clear in speaking with you that I have no interest in the war, and wish to simply go about my business. In speaking to gallifrey prior and then to yourself I'd agreed to being void of any standing forces were it to end the ongoing interest in hitting me. I fail to see where I've been inconsistent, especially in that you stated this posting as a condition and I presented the draft to you prior to posting, and corrected the noted issue with it accordingly.

I do see where diplomacy isn't a readily utilized option now, but it was worth a shot.

If you think the new city purchase was my driving interest, you're sorely mistaken, but alas that is to be expected. The war is punishing for one just finding their footing in the game and getting on track, as it effectively puts the game on hold, and thus I was checking out this route as a possibility. Didn't expect more than an "lol no" when I messaged earlier, but was pleasantly surprised by seemingly finding a reasonable person instead. But I've been proven wrong, it would appear.

That said, you speak as though you're winning this "bad war" when your only successes are low tier, where Mensa has little to no presence. I suspect the realization of almost agreeing to giving up one of your few low tier targets prompted this change of heart?

Edited by Kortanul

Arrgh attacks you

You attack Arrgh in retaliation

You leave the conflict stating war is not in your best interest

Then why did you declare those 3 offensive wars in the first place?

You were part of which alliance now before this war? Did you apparently miss the memo that you were going to war?

• Upvote 1

Arrgh attacks you

You attack Arrgh in retaliation

You leave the conflict stating war is not in your best interest

Then why did you declare those 3 offensive wars in the first place?

You were part of which alliance now before this war? Did you apparently miss the memo that you were going to war?

I attacked the three to collect some partial recompense and then had a few days to wonder if there was not perhaps a better way. Decided to pursue that possiblility--couldn't hurt to try, really. Obviously didn't work out, but am I meant to regret asking?

In all reality, though, I know full well that war is unavoidable and I've been reminded regularly that I'm unlikely to have any success in the first actual war in involved in. This is simply coming to fruition.

I will do everything in my power to get you peace if you can write me a 1000 word essay on how John Agard expresses his views on conflict in his poem, Flag.

I will do everything in my power to get you peace if you can write me a 1000 word essay on how John Agard expresses his views on conflict in his poem, Flag.

... This is an intriguing idea, but I'll have to pass. xD

To the others, well, I was merely toying with the idea of a demilitarization agreement for peace for the time being, instead of surrender or the likes because I have no interest in a full surrender, switching sides, or joining some pow aa. As what I thought was agreed upon for my taking up a position as a noncombatant has actually been rejected, I'm already back to fighting.

I thought Mensa members never run from a fight? Tsk tsk.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

There's always one in every group that runs. Probably after this thread, there won't be any Mensa members that run from a fight, since I doubt this one will be allowed back in.

Not very intelligent to post this without working it out privately first. Arggh seems to be in a keelhauling mood.

For one, I'm not your typical Mensa member.

I'm also not part of the main pack, nor am I well integrated into the P&W community such that I likely don't think and play like most of you--which may or may not be a good thing. I'm also not running, I was seeking an alternative to what did not appear a worthwhile fight. As that's been turned down, I'm certainly happy to swing once more.

​I, personally, have always favored understanding and diplomacy first, and thus attempted such.

Not very intelligent to post this without working it out privately first. Arggh seems to be in a keelhauling mood.

It was being worked out privately and seemed right on track, though my public posting was done a bit too hastily I'll admit.

EDIT: Ew, I double-posted. Someone has had too much internet.

Edited by Kortanul

You may not want to do that under tS' AA. You wouldn't want Arrgh to attack their lower tier because of one man's actions.

That's just it. I'm not attacking anyone, not declaring on any. My lack of interest in the war remains. But I'll not sit and not take any actions within those fights opened against me. I'm not exactly in a great position to resist, sure, but it would make even less sense to simply sit idle as yours attack me and my infra.

I'm not exactly in a great position to resist, sure, but it would make even less sense to simply sit idle as yours attack me and my infra.

That's pretty much the inevitable either way...

Nothing personal.

Edited by Fasolt

That's pretty much the inevitable either way...

Nothing personal.

Perhaps so. But just as Arrgh must do damage where it can, if I'm a target, I must do what I can. Struggling is my nature, whether or not it's absolutely necessary.

​And why would I take something personally or get emotional over bits of data and pixels?

• Upvote 2

That's just it. I'm not attacking anyone, not declaring on any. My lack of interest in the war remains. But I'll not sit and not take any actions within those fights opened against me. I'm not exactly in a great position to resist, sure, but it would make even less sense to simply sit idle as yours attack me and my infra.

Generally when you join any sort of organization, they give you resources and you take on their obligations. While I don't know what Mensa offers, at a minimum they give protection from raiders in exchange for your participation in their wars. Leaving in the middle of a conflict isn't very honorable, no matter your interest. If you took any grants or loans, you should probably be prepared to have them come asking for their money back.

I'm happy to see that you've elected to fight back. That's probably all Mensa would've wanted you to do.