God Emperor Dio Brando is bored

Longbowe

This announcement brought to you by Vanguard.

1nM39ka.jpg

The God Emperor Dio Brando has taught us not to be afraid to call things wrong when it does something, says something, stands for something, or engages in something that violates the values in which we believe. First off, Vanguard feels that it does the things it does “for the childrenâ€. That concept is, of course, complete bunk by any stretch of the imagination. However, it is bunk that has survived virtually unchanged from when it was first proposed nearly half a century ago by cold-blooded poltroons to its present incarnation in Vanguard's haughty recommendations. Vanguard unmistakably believes that everyone who scrambles aboard the Vanguard bandwagon is guaranteed a smooth ride. What kind of Humpty-Dumpty world is it living in? Apparently, even know-it-all Vanguard doesn't know the answer to that one. It wouldn't even matter if it did, given that the practice of intersectionality—that is, taking into account the way different forms of oppression mutually reinforce each other and differentially affect different subgroups—was not developed for the sake of a “more oppressed than you†competition. It was developed precisely in order to spark a powerful student movement that will fight for justice everywhere.

My point here is that Vanguard is an opportunist. That is, it is an ideological chameleon without any real morality, without a soul. The essential point, however, is the following: If I hear Vanguard's helpmeets say, “The world's salvation comes from whims, irrationality, and delusions†one more time, I'm unequivocally going to throw up. In order for us to realize more happiness in our lives we need to understand that those who have most injured and oppressed humanity, that have most deeply sinned against it, are, according to Vanguard's standards and conscience, good people. Apparently, bad people are those who have noticed that Vanguard has mastered the dark arts of diversion and deception. Need I say more? I don't think so, but this I will say: Vanguard demands that we make a choice. Either we let it ridicule the accomplishments of generations of great men and women or it'll shame my name. This “choice†exemplifies what is commonly known as a “false dichotomy†or “the fallacy of the excluded middle†because it denies other alternatives, such as that Vanguard is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens respond to its jobations. Responsible citizens unquestionably do not support those for whom hatred has become a way of life.

Yes, it would help if Vanguard realized that education and wisdom aren't necessarily the same thing, but here is the point that is worth considering: My goal is to stop this insanity. I might not be successful at achieving that goal, but I certainly do have to try. What's the most appropriate way to maintain the great principles of virtue, truth, right, and honor? The answer is education—the real thing, not the venal facsimile that Vanguard promotes in order to devalue me as a person. Many of our problems would be solved if only more people were educated to learn that whenever Vanguard is blamed for conspiring to hurt others physically or emotionally, it blames its dupes. Doing so reinforces their passivity and obedience and increases their guilt, shame, terror, and conformity, thereby making them far more willing to help Vanguard reward mediocrity. The final thing I want to bring up in this letter is that I'll do what I can to challenge the present and enrich the future, and each of you reading this letter should do the same. Let's be there for each other. Let's help each other. And let's knock some sense into Vanguard.

Let it be known that Mensa HQ declared war on Vanguard!

ZA WARUDO!

tl;dr: Mensa HQ declared war on Vanguard like a week ago because they were bored but they forgot to post a DoW, so we're doing it for them. You're welcome, Mensa HQ.

• Upvote 3
f0f41e8f.png

A week later and after it was clear it was raids, you take the God Emperor's name in vain? Ok, sure, we'll infrabomb you for a while.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

We didn't post a war declaration because we weren't declaring war on you. It wasn't vetted by our leadership or anything. A handful of our members decided to raid your alliance since you had no allies other than Arrgh, and keep a !@#$ton of money in your alliance bank.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

We didn't post a war declaration because we weren't declaring war on you. It wasn't vetted by our leadership or anything. A handful of our members decided to raid your alliance since you had no allies other than Arrgh, and keep a !@#$ton of money in your alliance bank.

My bad guys call it off, we are done here.

• Upvote 3

Confused now, e.e.

>Mensa members raid Vanguard

>Took it a step too far

>Pfeiffer reels them in, but damage was done

>Vanguard takes opportunity while beiged to build up

Now we're here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Isn't this the second time this has happened to Vanguard?

The last time Mensa HQ declared war on Vanguard was because someone in Rose made an advertisement that they found offensive. This time it's just because they're bored.

f0f41e8f.png