1/21/2016 - New National Projects!

Alex

Thanks :) I'm surprised no one has commented on the picture I chose for it yet.

Not bad.  I might have gone with this:

07-minister.jpg

Both are nice additions.  I continue to be impressed with the game's growth.

Edited by OldYak
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators

I always love new content updates! Thanks Sheepy!

Possible bug/overlook: The new projects don't appear on the main nation page where it shows the list of National Projects (with check marks if you have said project).

Ah, yes. I'll throw that in here shortly.

So Sheepy, I'm a little confused on your math here. Can you please enlighten me a bit on the propaganda project. Here's what I'm getting from it.

If you have 50 air bases in total here's the difference between no project and project.

Without Project

3 per base x 50 = 150

With Project

3 x .10 = .3 + 3 = 3.3 x 50 = 165

Factories

Without Project

50 x 50 = 2,500

With Project

50 x .10 = 5 + 50 = 55 x 50 = 2,750

In a simpler way.

50 x 50 = 2500 x 1.1 = 2750

3 x 50 = 150 x 1.1 = 165

So if you have 1 factory, you can produce 50 tanks per day. Multiply 50 (or whatever number) by 1.1, and then round that to the nearest integer. So 50 * 1.1 = 55

50 Air Force Bases lets you recruit 150 aircraft per day, so multiply that by 1.1 and you get 165 aircraft per day.

50 Factories lets you build 2500 tanks per day, so multiply that by 1.1 and you get 2750 tanks per day.

"Use food/coal to make gas" project when?

I don't think there's much demand for that - gasoline is pretty well supplied already.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Great changes here Sheepy. People sure are moaning here about updates being slow, when they should be glad that they have a free game to play, let alone one that has updates in it at all. Just ignore them.

It would take a lot of work to make something like this ground up, which I don't think some people realize here. You've put a hell of a lot of effort into something free and that really does show something.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Why did you chose a statue of Kim Il-sung of North Korea?

P.S. Nice update :)

I thought it was the best representation of "Propaganda" that fit in the theme of the other images. I thought about doing some sort of "Support the War" poster image, but that wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the projects, and a generic building doesn't really offer much.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I thought it was the best representation of "Propaganda" that fit in the theme of the other images. I thought about doing some sort of "Support the War" poster image, but that wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the projects, and a generic building doesn't really offer much.

It could be Propaganda Newspapers, it could be government-sponsored posters.

here.jpg

• Administrators

It could be Propaganda Newspapers, it could be government-sponsored posters.

here.jpg

Like I said, that was originally what i considered using, but all of the other project images are photographs, and I wanted to match that trend.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nice upgrades!! Now think its time for alliance upgrades!! Some ideas-

- a national weather satellite program that increases alliance food production.

- a spy satellite network which reduces spy costs.

- a geology program that increases alliance mining production.

- a world trade centre program that increases commerse.

The costs would vary dyue to numbers of people in the alliance and the more you pay the better the outcome.

just a thought

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i think the pb is bugged. i thought it would increase by 10%. it doesn't.  

with PB:
Soldiers: 33.3+3.3=36.6%
Tanks: 20+2 = 22%
Ships: 20+2 = 22%
Air: 16.7+1.67 = 18.3%

it only gives you a 10% increase of the daily 33/20/20/16.7 which is like 2%. is that right? if so, i'm getting rid of this POS.

• Administrators

i think the pb is bugged. i thought it would increase by 10%. it doesn't.  

with PB:

Soldiers: 33.3+3.3=36.6%

Tanks: 20+2 = 22%

Ships: 20+2 = 22%

Air: 16.7+1.67 = 18.3%

it only gives you a 10% increase of the daily 33/20/20/16.7 which is like 2%. is that right? if so, i'm getting rid of this POS.

Yes, it's +10% to your daily buy limit. If you can build 10 soldiers per day, you can now build 11 with the Propaganda Bureau.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Initially I wanted it to be a 20% increase, but Pfeiffer mentioned to be that'd be OP with the double-buy at update, which I had overlooked. We worked out 10% as an acceptable number for something that's viable, but not so overpowered that it immediately becomes a "must-have" improvement.

Hopefully this will make alliance wars more interesting, and make (reasonable) comebacks possible.

Indeed, its a great project and looks balanced enough

It's 7am British time and 8am eurofriend time. Seems perfect to me :P

I hope you burn in hell

From,

EST player who has to stay up to 2am/3am

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Jax locked this topic