Polygamy/Polyandry

Rozalia

People said that about Intermarriage, they lost. People said that about Homosexuality, they lost. You're smart enough to know that ultimately it being legal is inevitable so why keep fighting the future and keep people oppressed?

You're correct that acceptance of intermarriage and homosexuality were inevitable, but at the moment there's nowhere near enough groundswell for polygamy to become legal.

6hu5nt.jpg

You're correct that acceptance of intermarriage and homosexuality were inevitable, but at the moment there's nowhere near enough groundswell for polygamy to become legal.

Well such things always start with little support, doesn't mean it can't change and regardless it is simply inevitable as like with intermarriage and homosexuality it's something between consenting adults private lives. Logically I'd say supporters of intermarriage and homosexuality should throw their support behind it... but people are hypocrites at the end of the day.

This thread and 90% of what goes on in it gave me cancer.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Well such things always start with little support, doesn't mean it can't change and regardless it is simply inevitable as like with intermarriage and homosexuality it's something between consenting adults private lives. Logically I'd say supporters of intermarriage and homosexuality should throw their support behind it... but people are hypocrites at the end of the day.

Yes, it may change but I don't see the point in spending time on it until it does. I'm surprised you think it is simply inevitable when there is currently so little interest in it but if you feel strongly about it, and especially if you want to rise above hypocrisy,  you should certainly make people aware of the possibility.

6hu5nt.jpg

Yes, it may change but I don't see the point in spending time on it until it does. I'm surprised you think it is simply inevitable when there is currently so little interest in it but if you feel strongly about it, and especially if you want to rise above hypocrisy,  you should certainly make people aware of the possibility.

If everyone followed that logic we'd still be a feudal system. As with all change I've never seen the wisdom in the con game of gradual change, if something is correct then it should be done no need to wait 100+ years for it. In regards to intermarriage and homosexuality how many had to suffer before it was deemed fine enough to inch over the line of even mere acceptance? Too many. To me gradual change is just a tool of tyranny, to squeeze out as much pain and suffering as possible. They did it to women, they did it to people of other races, they did it to Homosexuals, and they'll do it to others in future. We are supposed to live in an enlightened world, no reason to stay in the dark when we can shine as bright as the sun. 

Well I make people aware when I can. I've actually often been referred to as Anti-gay due to it in fact, as while I agree with Homosexuality being dandy I know the majority of those campaigners are bigots themselves, they ain't the "progressive" mavericks they think they are. They care about their own fight but are too selfish to help with others. There are exceptions of course obviously.

If everyone followed that logic we'd still be a feudal system. As with all change I've never seen the wisdom in the con game of gradual change, if something is correct then it should be done no need to wait 100+ years for it ....

It's a judgment call, isn't it? A handful of people with a premonition of the future isn't convincing enough to act, but neither is waiting until every stick-in-the-mud dies a good reason to wait. The common sense approach is to be sceptical of fads but also try not to be a silly Cnut!

6hu5nt.jpg

Hetrosexual Monogamy is real love, I support allowing gay marriage, on the basis that it doesn't affect straight people, but I stand on my personal beliefs 

So you support polygamy, on the basis that it doesn't affect monogamous people?

So you support polygamy, on the basis that it doesn't affect monogamous people?

It does affect monogomus people, beacuse a Monogamous people could be affected when their partners cheat on them, and say "it's polgymamy, and get with the time" or some s**t

Gary Johnson 2016

It does affect monogomus people, beacuse a Monogamous people could be affected when their partners cheat on them, and say "it's polgymamy, and get with the time" or some s**t

That's not polygamy's fault, that's their partners fault.

The legalisation of gay marriage will lead to inequality in life. Gays and blacks say when their job application is rejected it is because of homophobia of rascism. The gays and blacks should stop playing the discrimination card.

• Upvote 2

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Outside of cultural and religious bias, polygamy and polyandry in the United States should not remain illegal. Despite laws, those who practice it already are, just not with the State's approval/recognition.

If you do not approve of it, do not practice it. But do not maintain laws for those who choose to do. Why is everyone concerned about what goes on in other people's bedrooms and homes, as long as it does not harm or hurt the innocent, i.e. children in this case?

Polygamy is a good thing. Ibn Saud first Saudi King of the Third State, had around 22 wives and over 100 children

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Partners should discuss the nature of their relationship far before marriage. This is so well known that it's known as "The Talk" in popular culture. It's at this point that polys mention their need for multiple partners, and I've dated two poly girls that were open about their unwillingness to be exclusive. We didn't work out because I desire a monogamous committed relationship (I've got little time or desire for loose relationships or to deal with the potential drama from them), but neither lied to me, and I would trust either one with my life. Cheating is about trust and power dynamics, not sex. If both partners agree to be exclusive, that's a verbal contract. Breaking that contract is the issue, not the sex itself. It's funny, because usually cheaters get upset when the tables are turned. However, it always seems to be disgusting lust when it's someone else and beautiful love when it's you. Please see some of the comments in this thread.

I also worked a short time for a poly woman who had multiple grown children with successful lives. She was also extremely intelligent and trustworthy. I suspect the latter had more influence over the former than her sex habits.

Edit: Needed to clarify the above before the knives came out. My rules for relationships are that they must be committed and that I must trust everyone involved. This means that I must meet the partners of my partner at a minimum. Neither of the girls wanted to commit to this, and I'm happy that they told the truth, even if it meant we had to fall back to friendship.

Edited by Mike Haggar

I for one am more in favor of abolishing marriage entirely and only carrying over some of it's legal aspects to people with children.

First, you whine about free speech, and now you don't want to allow people to get married?

Hypocrite of the year, everybody.

• Upvote 1

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

First, you whine about free speech, and now you don't want to allow people to get married?

Hypocrite of the year, everybody.

In this regard, "abolishing marriage" means ending all state involvement. No one is saying that the state will stop you from getting married.

I'm a baby that is upset by anything that doesn't follow my world view

OK.

Edited by Satisfriend
  • Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

In this regard, "abolishing marriage" means ending all state involvement. No one is saying that the state will stop you from getting married.

Just privatize marriage, recognize Civil Unions, there, problem solved.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Polygamy is a good thing. Ibn Saud first Saudi King of the Third State, had around 22 wives and over 100 children

Well back then you would take the female daughter of the kingdom that you had defeated and took them as a wife. The more wives you had as a ruler showed your military might. 

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Dimitri Valko, you've proven time and time again that your little opinions mean absolutely nothing, so why should I care now, of all times?

FTFY

Well, that idea seems retarded.

I admire your use of editing very small details of text to be used as a pseudo-rebuttal. Truly the work of such a wise intellectual man.

You really gonna try and call out my lackluster rebuttal after the above? And so soon? At least wait 2 pages son.