Polygamy/Polyandry

Rozalia

Ew... that seems despicable. I'd like to keep sanctity in love, thank you very much.

I can understand your point of view as I'm not much of a polygamist myself, but I don't think we should ban everyone else from it. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it should be law.

• Upvote 1

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

I can understand your point of view as I'm not much of a polygamist myself, but I don't think we should ban everyone else from it. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it should be law.

Yeah, that's what I said in my first post...

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

I don't believe love is something that is simply a 1 on 1 affair. People who cheat are often assumed to not love their partner but that ain't necessarily true, not saying it's always the case but some people love more than one person for reasons beyond simply sex. 

I think as per usual there is a bit too much focus going on polygamy. Women having more than one husband would also be a thing, and in certain places such as China polyandry would likely be far more popular. In the west perhaps it wouldn't be as popular but there is still a place for it I believe. 

In regards to how well it works that is a tricky one, but ultimately all relationships can have their faults even the standard couple of a man and woman. I personally think if someone makes the choice to be married to more than one person than all involved parties should be happy with it, and that in the case of two men and two women they should try to get along with each other. Getting along with each other doesn't mean they have to be bisexual (though they can be obviously), but could simply be two wo/men being good friends.

The government should have no role in marriage. Of course, that would change little about polygamists'/polyandrists' status, since they can just be with multiple people now with no government recognition. Marriage is a state of mind, man. :nyan:

I know this is going to register as "another dose of Islamophobia" to the usual suspects, but the Islamic system of having marriages not recognized by the law is just that. As I said in the opener, the current system blocks it as government has a role, so remove the government aspect if required.

You've missed the main point. Homosexuality has been recognized as innate, as has heterosexuality.

It's not something that comes to mind to me personally as being the main point. I didn't when I had to form my own opinion go "it's innate so I now support it", but I saw it as simply being the correct thing, that a person should be able to be in a relationship/marry someone of the opposite gender. 

Speaking of being "innately" that has some relevance to the subject here. I didn't mention it in the OP because again I don't believe it's of great importance compared to the other points.

I've heard it said men are innately Polygamist, while women are Hypergamist which for those who don't know is the concept of marrying someone who is richer or of a higher social status. Biologically I suppose I can see that.

Again, not something that is all that importance to consider but as you mentioned the word "innate" in regards to homosexuality I thought I'd mention it in regards to the current subject. I don't believe that even if the case is the reason to unban it because again, it is simply the correct thing to not have it banned. 

One to many relationships are actually extremely uncommon and almost always tied to religion. It's much more common to run into "relationship-anarchy" where everyone just maintains their own relationships to others, but true communal relationships are not unheard of. I met someone who was in a communal relationship of 6 people, one of whom was asexual. I myself would be in the latter camp, if i didn't work such long hours that my only relationship was with myself :P

it is just liberal ideology. allow any permissive behavior to destroy society.

You want to ban fascists, but then you post this? You have zero consistency in your posts.

i am authortarian communist who against liberalism and fascism

is that hard to understand???

Well no, but maybe I'm just biased because most communists i meet are !@#$ pot smoking Ancoms.

But I guess the hardest thing to understand is, how are you differentiating your authoritarian communism from fascism? Cuz they look pretty similar from over here.

Authoritarianism and Communism are two different ideals. Ideal Communism is a anarchistic Utopian society. Authoritarianism is about enforcing strict obedience to the state. Stalinism is not Communism, it's state Capitalist.

Anyways, back on topic.

Men do it not to help the wife but to satisfy their earthly sexual appetite and power and pride, as well of competing with other men. More women resulting in more children, more mouths to feed, more space to accommodate reducing the economic wealth of the family and more conflicts than unity.  Men spend more time with some wives than others, or don't know much about all their well being of the children. They, in the end, fail to satisfy all the wives sexually and economically. In so many polygamous relationships either the women hate on each other.

When a society have options such as polyandry(one woman many men), same sex relationship (single of mutiple), bi-sexual relationships, people can join to remain celibate, single but sexually independent (males, females and gays), then polygamyhabe it rightful place; other than that, it's just a Patriarchal (male autocratic ego which leave the community poorer with no balance, no harmony, no proper family planning, no population control; leading to no economic growth, high unemployment etc. 

Which is actually quite funny how people claim polygamy leads to economic benefits yet most countries in Africa have adopted these, which has yet to show any economic growth whatsoever.  

Edited by Francisco Franco

You're a communist who is a homophobe, follows a sky daddy, thinks women are subhuman and is quite obviously opposed to any kind of progressivism or leftists anything. 

STFU. You aren't a communist. You're a typical American redneck with a grammar and inconsistency to match. Yes, it's extremely difficult to understand anything you say, since everything you say doesn't make any sense....

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

You're a communist who is a homophobe, follows a sky daddy, thinks women are subhuman and is quite obviously opposed to any kind of progressivism or leftists anything. 

STFU. You aren't a communist. You're a typical American redneck with a grammar and inconsistency to match. Yes, it's extremely difficult to understand anything you say, since everything you say doesn't make any sense....

He's trolling you. Just do what I do and ignore him, he'll simply die off afterwards.

Regardless if the State recognizes the marriages or not, Polyandry/Polygamy is alive and well and happening in almost every city in the United States. There are multitudes of open relationships that have accepted through a private ceremony for women who have multiple men for partners and vice~versa.

Children abused in these relationships is reprehensible. However abuse in any situation is reprehensible. So whats the difference whether it is in a polyandrous/gamous family or not?

• Upvote 1

The point of marriage in my view (disregarding money and power) is to implement a mother figure and a father figure into a child's life. With multiple people creating multiple conflicts of interest I would find many relationships to be ruined.

My Two Dads

The point of marriage in my view (disregarding money and power) is to implement a mother figure and a father figure into a child's life. With multiple people creating multiple conflicts of interest I would find many relationships to be ruined.

Citation needed. 

I would make a very similar argument against homosexuality. That the social stigma of having 2 parents of the same sex can be highly damaging to the social relations of any child. Should we ban homosexual marriage then?

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Citation needed. 

I would make a very similar argument against homosexuality. That the social stigma of having 2 parents of the same sex can be highly damaging to the social relations of any child. Should we ban homosexual marriage then?

yes and homosexuals should be punish with death penality for destroying soceity

• Upvote 2

i am a communist is the style of stalin 

Polygamy is quite widespread globally, but nearly always in one man to many wives situations. I tend to view that as quite regressive. I'm not sure how much actual demand there is for polygamy in the developed world. I think people experiment with it sometimes and I've met people who practiced open relationships or multiple relationships, but I find the idea of sharing my girlfriend with another person quite off putting and my girlfriend would undoubtedly have the same feelings on the matter.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

"Government should have no say in marriage"

I guess they should remove tax breaks from marriages then, and only apply it to people who are raising children.

Yes, they should.

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

yes and homosexuals should be punish with death penality for destroying soceity

Because fascists are subhuman pigs? Or because you're a conservative communist?

i am a communist is the style of stalin 

You don't even know what you are. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--