Fun times from Political Pirates.

Warpool

We were bored and you poked us. GG.

So take it out on a whole different alliance? Remind me to roll Abu next time I'm displeased with Ibrahim. 

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

He was using the collective we :P We can all do that, it's the privilege of discipline that one can speak for all. Foxfire just mad she's getting rolled for the millionth time. 

Let's be honest, I and most other Mensa people like Arrgh and I doubt it'll be a beatdown so much as a skirmish.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

He was using the collective we :P We can all do that, it's the privilege of discipline that one can speak for all. Foxfire just mad she's getting rolled for the millionth time. 

Let's be honest, I and most other Mensa people like Arrgh and I doubt it'll be a beatdown so much as a skirmish.

Except I'm not getting rolled. I'm actually attacking SK with no resistance because you're almost all to big to hit me. :v 

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Truth is, and there's no use lying since it's a full blown war anyway, Arrgh leadership had absolutely zero idea or say or influence in our targeting of Guardian or any other matter of Political Pirates. The first time they heard about it would be looking at the conflicts page in-game. 

We originally planned on hitting someone else who I shall obviously not name, but given Guardian's lack of military and large amount of targets to hit on, decided to hit them instead. I think the time spent on discussing this was not even 5 minutes. Only people aware of this were me and Warpool. 

Regardless of how this started out, Political Pirates really was at the time of attacking, and now, a separate alliance from Arrgh and completely independent. Reason? Despite Arrgh being very aggressive, some wanted an even more aggressive war style, a style which just wasn't shared by the majority of Arrgh. So Political Pirates was the perfect place to follow it where we believed it would not have any repercussions for about 60 other people who didn't want that style.  

Right now really from what I gathered, Arrgh was trying to fit in by strictly following do not raid lists, paying their reps and attempting to be a nice good guy alliance so a good job on taking out your anger on 3 people on 60 innocent people instead. (Your anger was completely understandable though. Political Pirates did around $800m damage to Guardian and on a lesser extent Mensa so I had be pretty pissed too.)  

tl;dr Arrgh wasn't even aware about us hitting Guardian which really makes this the most pointless war ever! 

• Upvote 3

Truth is, and there's no use lying since it's a full blown war anyway, Arrgh leadership had absolutely zero idea or say or influence in our targeting of Guardian or any other matter of Political Pirates. The first time they heard about it would be looking at the conflicts page in-game.

We originally planned on hitting someone else who I shall obviously not name, but given Guardian's lack of military and large amount of targets to hit on, decided to hit them instead. I think the time spent on discussing this was not even 5 minutes. Only people aware of this were me and Warpool.

Regardless of how this started out, Political Pirates really was at the time of attacking, and now, a separate alliance from Arrgh and completely independent. Reason? Despite Arrgh being very aggressive, some wanted an even more aggressive war style, a style which just wasn't shared by the majority of Arrgh. So Political Pirates was the perfect place to follow it where we believed it would not have any repercussions for about 60 other people who didn't want that style.

Right now really from what I gathered, Arrgh was trying to fit in by strictly following do not raid lists, paying their reps and attempting to be a nice good guy alliance so a good job on taking out your anger on 3 people on 60 innocent people instead. (Your anger was completely understandable though. Political Pirates did around $800m damage to Guardian and on a lesser extent Mensa so I had be pretty pissed too.)

tl;dr Arrgh wasn't even aware about us hitting Guardian which really makes this the most pointless war ever!

I hope that after this war arrgh will arrgh leadership will stop trying to be friendly towards everyone.
  • Upvote 1

Protector of Low tier nations, from Empire of Spades.

All hail Redael, Orbis' true lord and saviour! 

• Upvote 2

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Creating a spin-off alliance and attacking others immediately isn't exactly like establishing a new limited liability company. Suppose some strong members from alliance X created a new alliance and attacked another alliance. Do you think people will just look at the name of the alliance and say "Oh, I am sure alliance X had nothing to do with this!" The actions of ex-members sometimes carry consequences to the extent that it is indistinguishable from an early attack or raid.

Granted, it matters especially less if you are looking for a new war for your anniversary, and somebody hands you a reason to go to war, xdxd.

The problem is that none of you see things from our perspective. I won't go too much into Arrghs IA, but basically a few people felt like they didn't want to follow our DNR list. They felt like it wasn't a problem for them given their higher score. Regardless, the leadership disagreed, citing the fact that their individual actions bring consequence on all of us. 

They create Political Pirates specifically to do their own thing and specifically to not abide by our rules. You people seem to think that Arrgh is so much more centralized and dictatorial than it is. We have a government and a leader but only because people agree to follow said leadership. It can be called out by anyone at any time and it has been. But when it doesn't work out, you either have to sit down and shut up, or create your own alliance to do what you want. 

That's basically what happened here. Sure we have ties to PP considering they broke off from us, but to assume we have control over their affairs is just stupid. That's the whole reason they broke from us to begin with. 

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

The problem is that none of you see things from our perspective. I won't go too much into Arrghs IA, but basically a few people felt like they didn't want to follow our DNR list. They felt like it wasn't a problem for them given their higher score. Regardless, the leadership disagreed, citing the fact that their individual actions bring consequence on all of us. 

They create Political Pirates specifically to do their own thing and specifically to not abide by our rules. You people seem to think that Arrgh is so much more centralized and dictatorial than it is. We have a government and a leader but only because people agree to follow said leadership. It can be called out by anyone at any time and it has been. But when it doesn't work out, you either have to sit down and shut up, or create your own alliance to do what you want. 

That's basically what happened here. Sure we have ties to PP considering they broke off from us, but to assume we have control over their affairs is just stupid. That's the whole reason they broke from us to begin with. 

The best thing in that case would honestly have been to cut ties officially and publicly. It's doesn't take a fortune teller to figure out what might happen if a group of members make a similar alliance and start raiding indiscriminately. People are going to hold the source, the official alliance, responsibly as well. 

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

This won't be pretty and organized but I just wanted to update a few people who seem to be a little...... slow *cough* Avruch *cough*. There is allowed to be more than one alliance with pirates in this game. I came from a pirating aa and wanted to have more freedom and not worry about hurting the rest of the alliance, are you guys really so butthurt that people actually attacked you and your allies? (We knew that Guardian were your allies) We just didn't really care.

So I've been told, but... All we could judge from is what we could see, and everything pointed to the two AAs still being closely tied together. Not on us to reach our hands into the deepest reaches of your mind to find the buried truth. I don't want the slimy fingertips anyway. 

• Upvote 2

The best thing in that case would honestly have been to cut ties officially and publicly. It's doesn't take a fortune teller to figure out what might happen if a group of members make a similar alliance and start raiding indiscriminately. People are going to hold the source, the official alliance, responsibly as well.

Especially when the members of the off-shot alliance still have all their original masks and privileges on IRC and forums including leadership privileges and use the original alliance for safe-keeping of their loot.
  • Upvote 6

Poor pirates go around poking, annoying, bothering peoples, and complain when someones answers to the provocations? Creating a spin off to avoid political damages to your main AA might have seemed like a great idea, but i garantuee you its clearly not :v

• Upvote 1

Poor pirates go around poking, annoying, bothering peoples, and complain when someones answers to the provocations? Creating a spin off to avoid political damages to your main AA might have seemed like a great idea, but i garantuee you its clearly not :v

We aren't complaining. Mensa/Guardian took out our infra and we didn't say a thing since that was pretty justified. Job well done. We're just criticizing for holding people in Arrgh responsible for something they had no idea was going to happen.  

• Upvote 1

Given that we cannot observe whether the split was a true one or a temporary sham, why would you expect us to react differently? And as others have already mentioned, the close ties are apparent, and the split, to my knowledge, is very recent.

• Upvote 1
77oKn5K.png

Especially when the members of the off-shot alliance still have all their original masks and privileges on IRC and forums including leadership privileges and use the original alliance for safe-keeping of their loot.

Accepting gifts is not condolence. 

Who do you think we are? American politicians? :v

Given that we cannot observe whether the split was a true one or a temporary sham, why would you expect us to react differently? And as others have already mentioned, the close ties are apparent, and the split, to my knowledge, is very recent.

I can't deny or confirm the extent of our ties to PP. I'm just saying what I've seen, and from what I've seen, the actions of PP were not the work of Arrgh or anything we even knew about until it happened. If that were the case, you'd probably have a better defense lined up to fight. 

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

This isn't a spin off, there were rules in Arrgh that I wanted to be free of. I do not have to follow your politics if I feel like fighting and getting steam rolled. People shouldn't just join a top 10 aa or treaty one and assume it's a bed of roses (No pun intended (really)). This game will turn far to stale like its predecessors and the main fun of it was when it was new and this ridiculous treaty web was made so large. People get in such a twist talking like "how dare you have the nerve to do something that will trigger.... yaddayadda*

First and foremost this is a game and because I wanted to play it in my own fashion you cowards dragged Arrgh in, me Tywin and Jraison never cried about being rolled, just sat quietly and waited for it to be done no harm no foul. This chances everything, this is a poor excuse to hit Arrgh plain and simple. Either way what's done is done so now to move forward :)

P.S. This BS about ties with Arrgh is stupid, I joined the day my nation was made and this is the first time I have ever left, was in gov't for a while and for a short term ran it. Of course I have lots of friends there and a lot of ties. So lets not worry about that, stick to the other points which are slightly less poor.

• Upvote 1

This isn't a spin off, there were rules in Arrgh that I wanted to be free of. I do not have to follow your politics if I feel like fighting and getting steam rolled. People shouldn't just join a top 10 aa or treaty one and assume it's a bed of roses (No pun intended (really)). This game will turn far to stale like its predecessors and the main fun of it was when it was new and this ridiculous treaty web was made so large. People get in such a twist talking like "how dare you have the nerve to do something that will trigger.... yaddayadda*

First and foremost this is a game and because I wanted to play it in my own fashion you cowards dragged Arrgh in, me Tywin and Jraison never cried about being rolled, just sat quietly and waited for it to be done no harm no foul. This chances everything, this is a poor excuse to hit Arrgh plain and simple. Either way what's done is done so now to move forward :)

P.S. This BS about ties with Arrgh is stupid, I joined the day my nation was made and this is the first time I have ever left, was in gov't for a while and for a short term ran it. Of course I have lots of friends there and a lot of ties. So lets not worry about that, stick to the other points which are slightly less poor.

Bro, think before you post a thread. You contradict yourself and your level of caring far too often. If it was a matter of "what's done is done" there would be none of your whining.

Likewise, you forget despite Arrgh's rules they have stepped on many toes themselves over the past weeks. They are not wholly innocent.

• Upvote 1

Even though we have a reason for war, against PP and against Aargh, we don't need one.

Drop the pen, pick up your sword.  Need help?  Find a friend.  We don't care if you think our war was justified or not.  Dio smiles and shines his light upon those who fight with honor.  It's no coincidence that Aargh is pretty dark right now.

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."