Cornerstone Clarification of Policy regarding Third Party Rogue Attacks

Rob Semloh

Cornerstone also performs the function of a fictional 'government' and all the duties commonly associated with governing; such as defense and diplomacy. The bible does allow for a state to defend itself against aggression. If you don't agree with the CB that is your choice but to attempt to deny a sovereign state the right to what it believes is required to maintain its sovereignty is not scripturally accurate.

Heresy! The Bible says we must fight our enemies with love!

Protector of Low tier nations, from Empire of Spades.

Being a Christian is first and foremost about faith and having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Even if fighting someone in a fictional game was considered a sin, Cornerstone could still be a Christ centered alliance. If being a Christian meant following every law found in the Bible, no one that ever existed could be considered a Christian.

• Upvote 2

Are you suggesting that every christian should refuse military service as required by his or her government?

Of course. If we all refused to join the amry then we wouldn't need to worry about wageing wars because noone would be in the army. Duh!

(Boy this guy has no common sense)

Being a Christian is first and foremost about faith and having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Even if fighting someone in a fictional game was considered a sin, Cornerstone could still be a Christ centered alliance. If being a Christian meant following every law found in the Bible, no one that ever existed could be considered a Christian.

Christian means doing what Jesus CHRIST would have done. Duh!

Protector of Low tier nations, from Empire of Spades.

Pedro II,

Normally I don't like to argue beliefs because usually everyone is set on their own thoughts and unless a debate is well articulated and hearts are open it's just words on deaf ears (or eyes in this case)

However, saying that Cornerstone is fake Christians is completely farce. Our members range from all denominations yet we all share the same genuine faith despite having very varying theological values.

If you think Cornerstone as a whole enjoys war you are wrongly mistaken. We do our best to avoid war at all times, we never raid, and we always heavily weigh how our actions will be taken, and whether they are justified or reasonable. If we were not so cautious in our actions we'd undoubtedly be engulfed in a war with TLF instead of walking away now and leaving this situation behind us.

Debating Christianity and theology is one thing, but please refrain from stating that the members of Cornerstone have a fake relationship with Christ. After you've spent months and years with these outstanding people, you know that many of then have a real faith, and a love and passion for God, and those in this game, especially our enemies.

I welcome you, or anyone else to get to know us more by visiting our forums or our slack chat.

As for this conflict, after the unfortunate launch of a missile Kastor has publically vowed to never use a third party to attack Cornerstone and this is where we leave it. We wish all the best for TLF and Kastor, and hope that lessons will be learned from all those involved.

o7 TLF

We appreciate your pledge to never do it again, and as agreed via PM peace has been accepted.

He did, we opted instead for a pledge not to do it again.

Huh, I don't know what I expected, but Cornerstone's honour and good faith impresses me again. :)
xzhPlEh.png?1

This thread was made in a true Christmas spirit!

• Upvote 2

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I come from a strict Catholic family and Cornerstone claiming that they are Christians is fine by me. But when they do things that Jesus would have not approved or goes against the Popes teachings, it sickens me alot. They are pretty much showing the corrupted Christian sociaty people stereotype the church by asking for reps in exchange for peace. So down with the fake Christians!

James 5:11-12

11 Christian brothers, do not talk against anyone or speak bad things about each other. If a person says bad things about his brother, he is speaking against him. And he will be speaking against God’s Law. If you say the Law is wrong, and do not obey it, you are saying you are better than the Law. 12 Only God can say what is right or wrong. He made the Law. He can save or put to death. How can we say if our brother is right or wrong?

It is not our place to say whether somebody is a Christian or not as that as between themselves and God. Instead, if we see a brothe ror sister acting as they shouldn't we should first privately speak with the, about it in a caring manner rather than publically denouncing them (Matthew 18:15-17) :). If you found our conduct contrary to what you feel it should be then I encourage you to discuss it with us in a constructive manner :)

I come from a strict Catholic family and Cornerstone claiming that they are Christians is fine by me. But when they do things that Jesus would have not approved or goes against the Popes teachings, it sickens me alot. They are pretty much showing the corrupted Christian sociaty people stereotype the church by asking for reps in exchange for peace. So down with the fake Christians!

I would imagine as a catholic you would also be familiar with Just War Theory! A topic of debate among Christian theologians since St. Augustine and Thomas Aquinas. Generally speaking, it's considered a 'just' war if it is defensive in nature. Judging from this thread, Cornerstone considers this an aggressive action against them.

• Upvote 1

v9DIVzo.png

Well, I'm ultimately disappointed with the outcome. I was hoping to oil up and make you my bae :wub:

Baby, I don't need no reason to tango with you <3.

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

All &#33;@#&#036;. More war! If someone opted to randomly nuke a Mensa member I doubt Pfeiffer would roll over.

Edited by Spite
  • Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong