Hearts of Iron 4

Hooves

I've not been following it though honestly I don't follow any games these days. It still have the "neutral" mechanic I had to disable every time I played as someone outside the intended nations? I mean it doesn't make much sense to me if I'm playing as the fascist dictator Salazar and I'm prevented from invading Spain during it's civil war due to "neutrality".

I've not been following it though honestly I don't follow any games these days. It still have the "neutral" mechanic I had to disable every time I played as someone outside the intended nations? I mean it doesn't make much sense to me if I'm playing as the fascist dictator Salazar and I'm prevented from invading Spain during it's civil war due to "neutrality".

It seems to still have that neutrality nonsense with the World Tension. I don't know how fast it goes up at all, haven't watched their second video yet.

I absolutely cannot wait for HoI4. Although it is different than HoI3 in many aspects, I trust paradox will make it FABULOUS. :P

• Upvote 1

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

Who's hyped for this? Cause I am after seeing how simple everything looks now compared to the disaster 3 was.

Tbh, I was really hyped when it was first announced two years ago. I even had some HoI4 art as my profile image. I also love HoI3's complexity and while I do like a lot of the changes they are doing, reducing complexity is annoying. Aircraft are practically an iphone minigame now because apparently people can't understand how to use them these days, they simplified the tech tree, and they removed OOB instead of making it better to set-up. On top of that, you're also forced to use the in-game "operation planning" feature even if you want to manually control your troops and set everything up yourself. 

Relevant Dev Diary

tl;dr Neutrality is now a catch-all ideological faction(threat also removed), nations declaring war raise world tension, the higher the world tension the more "peaceful" countries can start attacking.

It seems to still have that neutrality nonsense with the World Tension. I don't know how fast it goes up at all, haven't watched their second video yet.

I've never watched the videos, waste of time as you get far more information from the dev diaries.

Edited by Metro
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Relevant Dev Diary

tl;dr Neutrality is now a catch-all ideological faction(threat also removed), nations declaring war raise world tension, the higher the world tension the more "peaceful" countries can start attacking.

I see. All the non-important countries will be regardless of politics be set as neutral and thus will have to be influenced from the sounds of it before it'll join a faction. 

How will conquering/puppeting people go? Still the same? I remember a game I had with Portugal where I was able to puppet several countries, even the likes of Turkey with incredible ease leading to the Germans winning the eastern front easily as all my puppets went east with them.

I still haven't learned how to play HoI3.  I want to dominate South America!  Stupid Monroe Doctrine.

Yeah Monroe is real bad, makes South America really annoying to invade or even play in (even joining the Axis doesn't help much). Hopefully it'll only apply to European nations and America won't jump in if the South Americans bump heads (outside the obvious exception of the aggressor belonging to the Fascists or Communists blocs).

The few times I played, I would play Brazil or Argentina and wait till America got involved in the World War in Europe/Pacific before I had to make any moves.  It's annoying to wait that long.

• Downvote 1

Step 1: noneutrality cheat

Step 2: have fun

• Upvote 1

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

How will conquering/puppeting people go? Still the same? I remember a game I had with Portugal where I was able to puppet several countries, even the likes of Turkey with incredible ease leading to the Germans winning the eastern front easily as all my puppets went east with them.

Nah, war justifications and peace conferences are replacing the old system. Also, even if you could, declaring war like that now would risk raising world tension high enough for the democracies to DoW you quickly. Supposedly, at least.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently playing Soviet Union.  Won the Spanish Civil War by sending 5 armored divisions in 36.  Send lots of plane and small arms to Republican Spain, China and Communist China.

Invaded Poland in 38.  I want a closer border to Berlin.  However, France just broke into civil war between the fascists and democrats, so I'm guessing Germany won't be as screwed by my move as you'd think.  Debating if I want to start justifying a war with Germany or if I want to gobble up neighbors first(Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Finland, Afghanistan-for closer access to India, and Sinkiang)

My infantry is currently 8 infantry battalions and 1 line artillery.  I'm going to switch to 7/2 once I have 1000 or so artillery guns in reserve.  I have added Engineers to my infantry, something I consider essential to any infantry army.  I also got rid of the shitty NKVD divisions and replaced them with proper line infantry.

My motorized units(all 2) now have SP-MArt backing them up.  That's a lot of extra firepower.  So far in Poland, those units were kicking ass pretty quick.

My armored forces are SLOWLY transitioning from light tanks to medium tanks and SP-MArt.  I used to have LARMX4, MotX4.  Right now its LARMX3, MARMX1, SP-MArtx1, Motx4.  I will turn 2 other LARM's to MARM and 1 LARM to SP-MArt for a 3MARM, 4MOT, 2SP-MArt

My air force is...crap.  I just had too many land unit priorities to give fighters the attention they needed, so that will absolutely hurt me once I hit Germany.  I was hoping I'd have time to research the 1940 fighter, build a decent mod of it, and get it produced in large numbers prewar, but I don't know if that's in the cards.

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy

Duke of House Greyjoy

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Someone convinced me to use paratroopers.  It was pretty neat with the German Army on the other side of the Maginot while my 12 paratroops took France and forced surrender without a single major land battle.  Oh, and England the same way, although I did lose a couple of troops in that one(failed landings).  So what's a nazi tyrant to do when he's annexed England and France in 36?  Obviously, take Italy and Spain in 37, by paradrop.  Ok, actually, they had too many low VP cities for a simple air drop to work, I did have to push in some with regular land forces.  

Then the Yugoslavs joined Commintern, and WWII finally started for reals, with Poland in the way.

I'm kinda like "This game is dumb, why keep playing" now.

Duke of House Greyjoy

• 4 months later...

the day and night cycle isn't annoying for me , idk why , but basically in it any nation can win , while in mods it's different so I stick more to mods :P

Edited by Spaz :D

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities