The pirates dread calm seas.
Waves! Thunder! The rattling of swords! The sweet sound of musket fire or the boom of a cannon... much better things than the stillness of the sea.
- Hey Bb.
- What day is it today?
He measures the sky with an impassive look:
- It's thursday.
- But how can you tell?
- Well, at least it feels like thursday.
- Have you checked the compass today?
- Boyce stole that again.
- I guess it can't be helped.
The monotonous creak of the ship is a sound none of us even hear anymore. The ship, the small waves breaking into the hull.. it's all the same as silence.
- How are the men holding up?
- The Croat tried to drink out of a gunpowder keg last night.
- Did he think it was rum?
- Frankly, I'm not even sure at this point.
- How about you?
- Finishing up on our new flag.
- Looking good. Maybe you should draw us up some new victims as well.
I couldn't help a sinister smirk.
- Do you mean like a.. cartoon?
tl;dr we got a new flag and also feel like reminding you
We reserve the right to not attack people we don't feel like attacking.
We reserve the right to listen, gossip and idly speculate about you.
We reserve the right to stash, embezzle and launder dosh.
We reserve the right to participate in organized violence upon request (may involve article 3)